College Football 2019-20 prospect related

KingTitan

Another guy I've grown to really love is Curtis Weaver. Talented pass rusher who, much like Landry, can bend around the corner like very few can. Would be crazy to think about having two pass rushers like that playing on opposite sides of each other. Plus he seems to be a good, smart, all-around football player. I'd love to get him.

• 2 weeks later...

Walterfootball's mock draft has us getting AJ Epenesa with the 22nd overall pick (usually a top 10-15 mock pick) and Tee Higgins with the 54th overall pick (usually a first round mock pick)

That would be insane. Idk if I'm as high on Epenesa as others, but Higgins is a first round prospect. I think the Titans want a bigger pass rusher, but Epenesa might be too large. I'm not sure how he fits on the edge in our defense. 

But it's walter football and they're usually crazy.

On 12/16/2019 at 6:32 AM, Andrei01 said:

Another guy I've grown to really love is Curtis Weaver. Talented pass rusher who, much like Landry, can bend around the corner like very few can. Would be crazy to think about having two pass rushers like that playing on opposite sides of each other. Plus he seems to be a good, smart, all-around football player. I'd love to get him.

I also like Weaver and Gross-Matos. PFF has us getting Okwara from ND in their latest mock draft, and I don't like him as a first round prospect. I think we need someone who can convert speed to power like Gross-Matos.

15 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Walterfootball's mock draft has us getting AJ Epenesa with the 22nd overall pick (usually a top 10-15 mock pick) and Tee Higgins with the 54th overall pick (usually a first round mock pick)

That would be insane. Idk if I'm as high on Epenesa as others, but Higgins is a first round prospect. I think the Titans want a bigger pass rusher, but Epenesa might be too large. I'm not sure how he fits on the edge in our defense. 

But it's walter football and they're usually crazy.

15 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I also like Weaver and Gross-Matos. PFF has us getting Okwara from ND in their latest mock draft, and I don't like him as a first round prospect. I think we need someone who can convert speed to power like Gross-Matos.

Epenesa or Gross-Matos would be great for me, but agreed about Okwara.  Maybe he's one of those guys that's an athletic freak or something.  I don't like the fit of another WR in the second.  We'll have bigger needs, since Brown looks like a legit No. 1, and the depth behind him is solid with Humphries and Davis still under contract next season.  I'd rather see that pick (assuming pass rusher in the first) go to a CB, RT, or a RB.  Maybe a QB if there's a good one there.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Epenesa or Gross-Matos would be great for me, but agreed about Okwara.  Maybe he's one of those guys that's an athletic freak or something.  I don't like the fit of another WR in the second.  We'll have bigger needs, since Brown looks like a legit No. 1, and the depth behind him is solid with Humphries and Davis still under contract next season.  I'd rather see that pick (assuming pass rusher in the first) go to a CB, RT, or a RB.  Maybe a QB if there's a good one there.

I agree with CB and RB, but assuming we resign Conklin, that's not necessary to me. 

I also agree that we don't need to look for a WR, however if a top 25 player falls to 54, I'm drafting him. Best player available. Davis and Humphries are fine for next season, but the draft goes beyond that and I think Davis only has one more season here and Humphries could easily be let go if his snaps don't increase with that contract.

26 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I agree with CB and RB, but assuming we resign Conklin, that's not necessary to me. 

I also agree that we don't need to look for a WR, however if a top 25 player falls to 54, I'm drafting him. Best player available. Davis and Humphries are fine for next season, but the draft goes beyond that and I think Davis only has one more season here and Humphries could easily be let go if his snaps don't increase with that contract.

Of course.  If a fantastic player falls, you take him, but I would hope we look for a better fit.

I don't think we re-sign Conklin.  We can't re-sign everyone, and he's got to be near the bottom of our priorities.

36 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Of course.  If a fantastic player falls, you take him, but I would hope we look for a better fit.

I don't think we re-sign Conklin.  We can't re-sign everyone, and he's got to be near the bottom of our priorities.

I would say there's a 99% chance that he's resigned. He's had a pretty good bounce back year and plays a premium position. If you don't resign him you're basically forced to either pay a first wave free agent or draft an OT in the first round.

I think we end up cutting others and resign all 4 of our priority upcoming free agents. If anyone is left out I could see it being Logan Ryan because of his age or Henry because he doesn't play a premium position. Conklin is 25 at one of the most important positions in the game.

Edited by TitanSS

On 28.12.2019 at 4:18 AM, TitanSS said:

Yeah, I'm not big on Omwara either. Definitely not in the 1st.

On 12/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, TitanSS said:

I don't see anyway he doesn't come back. I feel like he is largely underrated on this forum as fans tend to notice one bad play and it sticks in their memory.

He has been one of the better RTs in the NFL this season.

I agree, he's been good, but the cheaper option is right there with Kelly, and the FO likes Kelly.  Plus, Conklin's injury history is pretty nasty.  When there are so many priority guys where there's not a quality alternative available, it's hard for me to see them getting Conklin.

That said, if Henry goes elsewhere or a couple of players sign much team friendlier deals than I think they will, then Conklin suddenly becomes totally viable.  I definitely expect at least one of them to be elsewhere in 2020.  I just don't see the money working.