Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Just now, The LBC said:

The catch: Just in time for the Colts to potentially end up picking ahead of you guys when you'd be attempting to replace Mariota next year...

Either that or they proceed to sign Mariota, who has a career revival with them.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Horse manure! His obligation is to at the very least inform them back in April there's a remote possibility.  Not 12 days before the season!

Is that in his contract? Let this be a lesson to NFL teams. Folks can leave you high and dry at any time. Just like teams can kick a player to the curb at any time. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Did the Colts notify all the people that they're going to cut from the roster this week in advance? Just curious.

Players usually get 24 hours notice, I can't speak for the colts but they generally do get a buffer so their agents can start calling teams. 

How can you guys blame fans in the heat of the moment without putting yourself in their shoes? 

These fans looked forward all season as Super Bowl contenders, bought season tickets, bought $300 Luck jerseys, and all their money and aspirations gets sunk in the matter of seconds. A possible Super Bow Contending team may win 5-6 games. The roster is too good to even tank for a QB! Terrible predicament. 

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

As a boomer I fully support Luck's retirement, I don't like the timing but it's his life. Anyone angry he chose his health/family over immaterial things needs to buy a mirror because you need to reflect on what you would do. 

With 100m in my bank account, i would also enjoy the life...can't blame him

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Did the Colts notify all the people that they're going to cut from the roster this week in advance? Just curious.

apples and oranges nice try I hope Jared Goff and Todd Gurley retire out of the blue and see if you feel the same try to make that b******* argument

46 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Luck always struck me as a guy who doesn't really need football. He just happened to be uber freaking talented. All the injuries zapped whatever love left he had for the game

I think it's an underrated thing with QB evaluation, will the guy be the type to take care of himself and play well into his mid 30s. Or will he be done at 32?

Without ever getting into stats or ability, it was the only thing you needed to know in the Wentz v Foles debate. Nick has been ready to retire 2 or 3 times already, whereas Wentz has touched on playing for a long long time. Why would you trade 10+ years for 3? ou know?

I thought Luck was one of those guys before the type of injuries he got..damn shame.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’ll take two firsts and Clowney! Go run that card up to Bob McNair with the Redskins offer right now!

...well, have fun with Trent Williams!

Archived