Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Bit of a shock. When he was drafted you would've put your house on Luck becoming a Hofer. Not to be. 

Sad some fans reacted that way, but this close to kick-off - I can sympathise with them. 

Tbh, Luck always came across as a guy who has a lot working in his favour outside of football. He's the type you'd expect to walk away if injuries started to take a toll, or even if passion waned. 

Good luck (Excuse the pun) to him in life after football. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Can they get 30 minutes to an hour to realize why he is doing what he is doing. We are literally talking about a guy reaction here from a few football fans. I love how the moral compass of this forum pretend to be the highest of high. 

Exactly. These fans have no idea why Luck is retiring. Give them 30 minutes to digest and they will be fine and change their tune. Their season just ended. 

This forum is the irrational one. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Too bad the fans didn't wait that long to "understand" before booing him as he walked off the field. Nah, their first move was to lash out angrily. They didn't want to understand. 

Emotion comes before understanding. Basic human fault through our existence. 

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Sources are real people. If Luck wanted to communicate it to Irsay first he and his side would have been careful not to leak it from his side. It was either his side or Irsay's side. 

The most likely scenario is clear.

why is it most likely? lets play this out... luck tells irsay. irsay should, and likely did let his gm know, a couple other upper mgmt guys, then coaches find out. maybe a office staff overheard and leaked it, maybe a coach did, or maybe somewhere in that line someone told their agent and they leaked it. so people blindly assume irsay leaked it because why? entirely concievable 30 other people heard the news and leaked it. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Exactly. These fans have no idea why Luck is retiring. Give them 30 minutes to digest and they will be fine and change their tune. Their season just ended. 

This forum is the irrational one. 

They found out from the internet, from exactly the same information we first received. Get ******* real. Booing Luck was absolutely classless. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Luck has another bad injury. And has spent like two years rehabbing already as it is. If you can't see the difference in his situation, from those others, I don't know what to tell you...

You mean like cam Newton. He has been hurt, hit, banged up. He ain't retiring. I'm not saying luck is wrong. But players go through what he going through all the time. That's what fans see. This is shocking news cause it dont happens often. But some fans should think rationally to the news that they just wasted hundreds or thousands of dollars on season tickets, parking passes, and gear. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Emotion comes before understanding. Basic human fault through our existence. 

True. People are selfish. But not all Colts fans in attendance were booing. 

But asking people to let fans have 30 minutes or so to figure out what is happening before judging their actions is weird, because some of the fans themselves didn't wait that amount of time to do take any course of action. 

33 minutes ago, showtime said:

Fans spend money on tickets, merchandise, etc.  The league would not exist without fans.  Colts fans have a right to be pissed, too.  Like I said, everyone can understand why Luck did what he did, but these type of decisions in this type of profession impact so many people.  Also, it's not even really the fact that he's retiring, I don't think.  It's the fact he did it a week and a half before the season starts that is probably angering people the most.

This is a dumb argument. No business succeeds without the customers. Sports is not unique and doesn't owe anything special to their customers.

Archived