Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Just now, LeotheLion said:

It was too long but I still wouldn't say they ruined his career. 29 is the prime of a Qb's career and the only teams with a more QB friendly infrastructure right now are LA, KC, Phi, and NO. 

My point is just Luck chose to walk away and had he not then no one would say his career was ruined. And the most serious injuries he had related to games missed weren't related to lack of protection. Had he gotten a career ending injury under Grigson then I'd agree but Luck's career was cut short because he wanted to quit. I don't blame anyone for that. 

I'm personally reading this decision as a collection of injuries over the years - the shoulder being primary. I get what you're saying, this calf/ankle thing is the most recent predicating this decision, but I get the feel that Luck is just tired of always being hurt, no matter where the "hurt" is.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm personally reading this decision as a collection of injuries over the years - the shoulder being primary. I get what you're saying, this calf/ankle thing is the most recent predicating this decision, but I get the feel that Luck is just tired of always being hurt, no matter where the "hurt" is.

I think that's how you have to read it based on his press conference. I just don't blame Irsay as I don't think most QBs put in Lucks situation would have retired. And I believe the snowboarding injury affected his rehab way more than what was led on. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I think that's how you have to read it based on his press conference. I just don't blame Irsay as I don't think most QBs put in Lucks situation would have retired. 

Let's remember, Luck has more injuries than we like to remember - and probably several more we don't know about. 

Let's not forget that Luck once suffered a lacerated kidney with the hits he took. Forget career ending, that's a life threatening sort of injury... The human body wasn't created to withstand that sort of abuse to major organs. 

There's the cost of playing (shoulder) and then there's this...

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Or, 0.44% of Irsay's total net worth. If Irsay had $100 bucks, he just gave Luck $0.44.

So brave and stunning by Jim Irsay. Such a generous gesture. Totally makes up for ruining the career of a "once in a generation QB".

But think of all the bedazzled jeans he could have bought with that "$0.44."

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

ET not sure if you're being more sympathetic to Luck and his decesion or jumping for Joy you no longer have to face him twice a year?😎🍺

After last night, ET is trying to tread on the right side of karma, lest any more of his team's players need to be wrapped in bubblewrap and foam like Jake from 'Little Giants.'

52 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't want it to be anyone. You're completely projecting dude.

kinda seems like you do man, at least looking at your reasoning for saying why it was definitely irsay. ill gladly say i have no clue who it was  so not sure hpw im projecting. coukd be irsay, could be 20 other people. 

About 23 hours behind the holy shiznet news.  Don't know how i didn't see this last night or even hear about it today, but holy shiznet.

Guess everyone can revise those power rankings and put the Colts behind the Bengals now. *shades emoji*

Ok fine, leave the Bengals there.  I don't care. :P

So, @ET80, sorry if this has already been pointed out, but this is just going to result in the Texans having a better record, and keeping BOB for a few more years, right? Really just Luck looking for more creative ways to screw over Houston.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

ET not sure if you're being more sympathetic to Luck and his decesion or jumping for Joy you no longer have to face him twice a year?😎🍺

Eh...a few things running through my head now:

- Texans are 0-3 vs Jacoby Brissett, so it's not exactly a reprieve for us. 

- Colts with Jake Fromm or Justin Herbert is pretty frightening.

- Colts with Trevor Lawrence is nausea inducing.

- Five years from now, this could be Deshaun Watson.

- Football is better when the best are playing at their best. Beating the Colts with Curtis Painter felt good, but it's not the same as beating Payton Manning. 

- This news might be big to everyone, but I'm checking who is gonna be on the RB wire in a few weeks.

27 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

kinda seems like you do man, at least looking at your reasoning for saying why it was definitely irsay. ill gladly say i have no clue who it was  so not sure hpw im projecting. coukd be irsay, could be 20 other people. 

I said it was most likely Irsay. Because it probably was.

You're projecting because you have said I want it to be Irsay. I don't care in the slightest. But given the situation, it was probably Irsay or something close to him. You can choose to ignore that and believe the water boy is just as likely Schefter's source than the owner, and that is your prerogative.

Archived