Andrew Luck to retire (per Schefter)

Wyld Stallyns

Wow you guys go from Manning to Luck now Jacoby. That sucks for you guys. I always liked Luck but I thought he had another 5 years in him. I also feel he might just take the year or 2 off get healed up and will want back in. This still leaves the Colts in a VERY bad spot. If I was your GM I would be calling Miami about Fitz or Rosen, Saints about Teddy Bridgewater, or the Giants about Eli. You have to make a move because Jacoby is trash. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wow you guys go from Manning to Luck now Jacoby. That sucks for you guys. I always liked Luck but I thought he had another 5 years in him. I also feel he might just take the year or 2 off get healed up and will want back in. This still leaves the Colts in a VERY bad spot. If I was your GM I would be calling Miami about Fitz or Rosen, Saints about Teddy Bridgewater, or the Giants about Eli. You have to make a move because Jacoby is trash. 

#TankforTua

Tua may not be Luck but he’ll be a solid pro and be walking right into a stud level roster. 

Those fans that boo’d Luck are ungrateful POS. I was in shock from the sudden news and then listening to that. SMH. 

He is not the problem here. Whether you want to blame Grigson, Irsay or the Medical Staff, be my guest. Grigson is actually the only one of those three that is gone from the org. Irsay and the Medical Staff are all the same from before. Some of the training staff was replaced by Ballard but not medical.

I’m so amped up right now I can’t fall asleep, but I’m also really tired and getting more cranky by the minute. And I was in the middle of a game of Madden when all this went down but my mind can’t focus and my heart isn’t in to it yet. 

• Like 2

A shame that he's decided to leave the game but it is his decision and if he feels that the injuries are too much then it's the right one for him. 

Been a great QB for the Colts. Obviously he'll be missed but we have to respect his decision, even the fans that booed him, and appreciate what he did for us whilst playing .

All the best for the future Andrew with what you decide to do, and thank you for all you've done for the Indianapolis Colts. 

• Like 2

So it’s very likely that we are going to carry Jacoby Brissett and Phillip Walker in the final 53 (unless a trade or waiver claim happens) w/ Swag Kelly going on Reserve/Suspended list for the first 2 games. Then we’ll know for sure whether they prefer Kelly or Walker. 

We are potentially a Brissett injury away from Swag Kelly being our starting QB  

• Like 1

This has the feeling of a break more than true retirement. After he gets a full year or two to get truly healthy he will get the itch to come back.

The thing that will be interesting though, is what happens if the colt already drafted a guy by then. Do they trade luck? What kind of value would they get for a 32ish year old potential franchise qb that is fully healthy and ready to roll.

This is tragic.  I feel for the fans.  Hopefully Brissett does well, otherwise Mondays at work will be dreary again like they were before Manning.

As for Luck, I hope he is able to fully heal and move forward with his life.  I know his architectural degree from Stanford was something he always wanted to eventually use.  Now is the chance.

I have read suggestions that say the constant injures may have led to an opiod problem for him.  Hopefully that's nothing but a bad rumor, but if it is even slightly accurate, stepping away is absolutely the right call.  May he regain his health and wake up pain free in the very near future.

13 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

The season could still be salvaged.  The Colts have a very good team outside the QB.  It has happened to the Vikings a couple of times recently.  Teddy Bridgewater went down with a season ending knee injury just before the regular season started.  They were able to trade for Sam Bradford and at least made it a decent season.  The following year, Bradford went down early and they were able to hold everything together with Case Keenum starting the rest of the games.  It can be done.

Having said that, I'm really sorry to hear the news about Andrew Luck.  This has to be a huge blow to the Colts franchise and all the fans.  :(

• Like 1