Andrew Luck to retire (per Schefter)

Wyld Stallyns

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

#TankforTua

Tua may not be Luck but he’ll be a solid pro and be walking right into a stud level roster. 

This would honestly be the best situation for Tua to actually succeed.  Reich, being a former QB and QB coach, likely has a better understanding of how to adjust his scheme to accommodate a left-handed QB (it's noteworthy... this ain't Madden after all).  Furthermore, Tua would have less of an adjustment to make going from the quality of OL play at Alabama to the quality of OL play in Indy.

Problem is, I think your guys' defense is good enough to keep you clear of the #1 overall pick, but you could be in a solid position to trade up into the Top 3 as needed.  Just sit back and hope that Kyler lights up his rookie season and that Bruce Arians fall in love with Jalen Hurts.

16 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Problem is, I think your guys' defense is good enough to keep you clear of the #1 overall pick, but you could be in a solid position to trade up into the Top 3 as needed.  Just sit back and hope that Kyler lights up his rookie season and that Bruce Arians fall in love with Jalen Hurts.

Yeah, if we flounder and manage a pick in the 10-15 range; with the Redskins 2nd rounder potentially being a top 10 pick, we could definitely get in the top 5 if needed 

14 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Yeah, if we flounder and manage a pick in the 10-15 range; with the Redskins 2nd rounder potentially being a top 10 pick, we could definitely get in the top 5 if needed 

And, honestly, with the state of your roster, it's not like you can't afford to put a 2021 1st on the table too if it got you high enough to get you the guy you want.

Packer fan here! I feel for you guys having that hammer dropped on you like that. I have a feeling Brissett is going to get you to the playoffs. He's not a bad QB. Clearly, not an Andrew Luck, but give the kid time. You still have a lot of pieces in place. 

Best of luck this season, I'll be pulling for you guys! 

• Like 2

You know, as I clear my head and think about this, we have a great team being built that would have come to a fruition as Luck is winding down. NOw we have a great tea/family ready for the next great Colts QB for hopefully a long time. 

Go Colts!!!!!!

• 10 months later...

Any Rumors about him returning to the NFL at all? I was hoping after he healed for over a year he would consider it. I'm mainly asking because I put him on my IR spot in a dynasty league and want to know if I should hold onto him just in case?

10 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Any Rumors about him returning to the NFL at all? I was hoping after he healed for over a year he would consider it. I'm mainly asking because I put him on my IR spot in a dynasty league and want to know if I should hold onto him just in case?

I doubt that he’ll ever play again. The set backs he endured from his shoulder injury really deflated his patience for that and made him very hesitant to put himself in a position to have to go through that again. I still don’t know what the situation was with the calf injury (if that was what it was)  but it is my understanding is that leg injuries (especially calf and hamstring) don’t fully heal in season that he knew he was going to be dealing with it again and again. 

• Like 1

I am probably one of the few that, even if Luck were to come out of retirement, I would not want him on the Colts.  Great talent, great football player but I consider what he did quitting on the team and there is no reason to put the team through the wondering if they can trust him or will he quit again if things get too rough?

That said, I do agree with @Wyld Stallyns, I don't think he will come back in the NFL.  I could, however, if the XFL comes back next year, working in the XFL in some capacity to help out his Daddy's league.  I'm not sure if it would be as a player or a coach but he would be a big draw for the league.

• Like 1