More surprising news in NFL history?

Steelersfan43

I've been watching the NFL and sports for almost 20 years now, I do not remember seeing a new surprisingly like the one of Andrew Luck right now!

I thought it was a fake account when I saw that first.

What are the most surprising news (like retirement, trade or others) that you've seen since watching the NFL?

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

obj -> cleveland

Just curious, but why was that such a massive surprise?  Trade rumors have been around Odell Beckham Jr. for roughly a year now.  Before he was traded to the Browns there were some random rumors regarding the Browns - I remember some mentioning his ties with Jarvis Landry as one of the reasons.

• Like 8

Kind of in the same respect, I was somewhat a little shocked that Khalil Mack ultimately got traded.  I thought the Raiders would see his value and eventually pay him what he wanted.  It was somewhat of a similar tussle between Aaron Donald and the Rams, but the Rams got it done.

As far as some big shocks, I think Michael Vick's saga that landed him in jail has to be up there.  That kind of came out of nowhere and was a massive blow to the Falcons, especially after they extended Vick to that $100+ million contract.  That's more of an off the field news story.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Just curious, but why was that such a massive surprise?  Trade rumors have been around Odell Beckham Jr. for roughly a year now.  Before he was traded to the Browns there were some random rumors regarding the Browns - I remember some mentioning his ties with Jarvis Landry as one of the reasons.

good **** never comes to cleveland.  still feels too good to be true, doesnt feel real to the cleveland fanbase.

• Like 1