More surprising news in NFL history?

Steelersfan43

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Not just NFL, id say all sports. This is the most surprising sports news i can ever remember. 

Magic Johnson's press conference saying he's retiring immediately because of AIDS I'd say was bigger. But that's just me. 

Also, Aaron Hernandez. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Magic Johnson's press conference saying he's retiring immediately because of AIDS I'd say was bigger. But that's just me. 

Also, Aaron Hernandez. 

Magic was big for sure. Not sure the Aaron one was, atleast for me. I was like meh thats dumb and crazy, but didnt have much of any impact. Luck was one of if not the most harolded draft prospect maybe ever, the next face of the league, in his prime coming off a monster season. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

32 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Magic was big for sure. Not sure the Aaron one was, atleast for me. I was like meh thats dumb and crazy, but didnt have much of any impact. Luck was one of if not the most harolded draft prospect maybe ever, the next face of the league, in his prime coming off a monster season. 

I'm guessing you mean the team. 

Someone getting murdered by an active NFL player is pretty huge. Sure, it wasn't a big QB, but this goes beyond football to me.

Edited by PapaShogun

17 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm guessing you mean the team. 

Someone getting murdered by an active NFL player is pretty huge. Sure, it wasn't a big QB, but this goes beyond football to me.

I agree. But the harsh reality is people get killed like every minute. Yes its crazy that an active athlete would murder someone. But Aaron wasnt really a big name or marquee player who played at a very obscure position.  

Maybe im minimizing those kinds of surprises/ shocking stories because even the OJ news didnt resonate like this, for me. Which saying out loud seems crazy but maybe that was because OJ was retired for so long and maybe because AH wasnt a marquee player. 

Idk man, like mid season, this news is still gonna be pretty shocking to me.  Which seems silly in a holistic view of things murder vs retirement.