Quarterbacks

Runaway Jim

8 hours ago, Runaway Jim said:

Who do you guys like that is a good value?

Why is Goff rated so low this year?

Idk if Goff being so low is related to the Super Bowl or if the questions around Gurley as his security blanket(because they dont have much at TE)  but I’m buying Goff this year especially at his ADP. He probably has the best WR trio in the league and is still very young

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk if Goff being so low is related to the Super Bowl or if the questions around Gurley as his security blanket(because they dont have much at TE)  but I’m buying Goff this year especially at his ADP. He probably has the best WR trio in the league and is still very young

He went in the 7th round in my main league. Kinda surprising but I can't hate, Goff helped me get to the championship game last year. He had some monster games. 

I've done 2 drafts so far and i have no Lamar Jackson on any of my teams. Kinda sad about that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I have Ryan, Goff, Cousins, and Darnold are the underdrafted QBs.

That's a good list, in a 4 pt passing TD league, I'd take a flyer on running QBs like Murray, Allen and Jackson. Whoever drops. I've grabbed Wentz when he slides a couple times as well as Ben.

I overdrafted Mayfield in my main league but I honestly don't really have big regrets about that. Given Moncken had Fitzpatrick performing at a QB1 level last year, I think even if the Browns don't live up to their real-world hype that Baker will probably get his fantasy-wise. I think there's gonna be enough volume in that offense that he has a high floor and his ceiling is sky high - arguably as high as anyone not named Mahomes and maybe Watson.

Early schedule looks good for guys like Dak and LJackson. Ryan plays 13 of the 16 games in a dome this year so that's nice for him. I'd avoid Stafford, that team wants to establish the run and their offense is not going to be built to throw. Darnold has some tough matchups this year so beware. Rivers is always Mr. Reliable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Early schedule looks good for guys like Dak and LJackson. Ryan plays 13 of the 16 games in a dome this year so that's nice for him. I'd avoid Stafford, that team wants to establish the run and their offense is not going to be built to throw. Darnold has some tough matchups this year so beware. Rivers is always Mr. Reliable. 

Can't seem to drop Darnold. He's my backup now and I normally only carry 1 QB, but I think he has a good shot of going off the year, and there's a stretch there during the second half of the season where Dak has some tough match-ups and Darnold has some easier ones. Probably overthinking things though. 

Who's the better "backup"...

1. Big Ben
2. Jimmy G 
3. Trubisky
4. Darnold
5. Open up the roster spot

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Can't seem to drop Darnold. He's my backup now and I normally only carry 1 QB, but I think he has a good shot of going off the year, and there's a stretch there during the second half of the season where Dak has some tough match-ups and Darnold has some easier ones. Probably overthinking things though. 

Who's the better "backup"...

1. Big Ben
2. Jimmy G 
3. Trubisky
4. Darnold
5. Open up the roster spot

I mean Big Ben is always a guy who is going to be able to put up big numbers. I know there is worry about attempts regression and lack of talent but I think he still produces like a Top 10 option at QB. Trubisky had a stretch last year that was amazing and his running ability helps a ton too.

The other thing about Darnold is that Adam Gase offense hasn't exactly been a dynamite one. If their pace is slow, that could really hurt him too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Russell Wilson is dropping to a point where I am becoming interested in him

No way he has less volume that he did last year. I know TD% was insane but I think the volume will counteract the regression in TD%. I like Wilson as well especially bc he gets the 9ers and Cards D twice a year. 

Plus his D is going to regress and I think he is going to have to throw a lot more this year. 

Edited by MightyMouse07

IMHO, these four QB1s offer the best value relative to their Average Draft Positions, based on significantly easier schedules (all have 8 or more games against below average adversaries) and approximately equal (i.e. Cam Newton & Matt Ryan) or better blocking going into 2019:

Ben Roethlisberger (taken 13th among QBs, 127th overall) lost a couple of targets, Antonio Brown and Jesse James, and has been a bit of a homer but he throws the most.  In standard scoring leagues he'd be underdrafted even if he were the 6th QB to go.

Cam Newton (taken 9th @ pick 112) has the easiest positional opponents, including 5 of the 8 worst defenses and *6 (asterisk means the number includes Week 17) more below average ones.  He still runs well, if he's healthy.

Matt Ryan (7th @76) has a couple of rookie linemen to worry about but he faces softer front sevens and handing off won't be as attractive an option.  Having the league's second least efficient defense can provide an incentive to score.

Similarly, Baker Mayfield (6th @91) should crack the top 10 in scoring because of better pass protection, poorer run blocking, and the incriminating photos he took of the schedule makers.  WR Odell Beckham Jr. won't hurt the cause.

There's a QB2 and a QB3 to consider (don't laugh!):

Jacoby Brissett doesn't have reliable ADPs yet and his numbers from 2017 are eyesores.  Nevertheless, he inherits an enviable situation from Andrew Luck:  10th in protect, 6th softest defenders, solid receiving corps on the team that threw second most (after Pittsburgh).  Like Mayfield, he will face 6 bottom 8ers and 2 more below average defenses.

For a fill-in, don't forget Lamar Jackson (29th @222).  Lousy numbers overall, yes, but solid running numbers and 4 opportunities against 4th quartile defenders, *4 more against others from the lower half.