53 Man Roster Predictions

kingseanjohn

Other forums are doing, so let's jump off the bridge too!

Offense: 25 total

QB: Mahomes, Henne (2)

RB: Dam. WIlliams, Thompson, Dar. WIlliams, Smith, Sherman (5)

WR: Hill, Watkins, Robinson, Hardman, Pringle, DAT (6)

TE: Kelce, Yelder *I think we look at cuts for TE2 (2)

OL: Fisher, Schwartz, LDT, Wylie, McKenzie, Reiter, Allegretti, Murray, Erving, Allen (10)

Defense: 25 total

DL: Jones, Nnadi, Williams, Hamilton, Clark, Kpassagnon, Speaks, Okafor, Ogbah (9)

LB: Hitchens, Lee, Ragland, Niemann, Wilson, O'Daniel (6)

CB: Fuller, Ward, Breeland, Wade, Miller, Fields (6)

S: Mathieu, Sorenson, Thronhill, Watts (4)

Special Teams: 3  total

Butker, Colquitt, Winchester

IR or Suspended:

Dieter, Claiborne, Kemp, Reiser, Harris... and anyone else I forgot that's already injured/suspended.

22 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Not bad. A couple of interesting choices, but I don't see any real problems. 

I originally started to make a depth chart with it, but it isn't meant to be taken that way.

I'm guessing you're referring to Smith and maybe Fields? The team appears to be trying to find a place for Smith like they want to keep him around. He'll be a flex guy that could fill in in multiple spots for injury. Then I think Fields is keeping Claiborne's spot warm for the first four weeks.

I like yours king,  just playing here.

QB(2): Mahomes / Henne

RB(4): Dam. Williams / Thompson / Dar. Williams / Sherman 

WR(6): Hill / Watkins / Robinson / Hardman / Pringle / Dat 

TE(3):  Kelce / Bell / Yelder 

OL(10):  Fisher / Wylie / Rieter / LDT / Schwartz / Erving / Allen / McKenzie / Allegretti / Boyd 

DL(9): Okafor / Jones / Nnadi / Clark / Kpass / Speaks / Ogbah / Saunders /  Williams 

LB(5): Wilson / Hitchens / Lee / Neimann / DOD

CB(6): Fuller / Ward / Breeland / Wade / Miller / Fields 

S(5): Mathieu / Sorensen / Thornhill / Watts / Lucas

ST(3):  Colquitt / Butker / Winchester 

Bell/Yelder battle continues into the season.   We sign a LB to the practice squad and bring him up once TE/ST spot is filled.

Lucas/Fields/Miller battle to keep spots once Claiborne returns

18 hours ago, samsel23 said:

In hindsight, I think Lucas makes the team. He played well last year when he got the chance and I didn't realize how much he was playing special teams this year. I'd probably cut the fringe OL or LB to make room for him.

21 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I like yours king,  just playing here.

QB(2): Mahomes / Henne

RB(4): Dam. Williams / Thompson / Dar. Williams / Sherman 

WR(6): Hill / Watkins / Robinson / Hardman / Pringle / Dat 

TE(3):  Kelce / Bell / Yelder 

OL(10):  Fisher / Wylie / Rieter / LDT / Schwartz / Erving / Allen / McKenzie / Allegretti / Boyd 

DL(9): Okafor / Jones / Nnadi / Clark / Kpass / Speaks / Ogbah / Saunders /  Williams 

LB(5): Wilson / Hitchens / Lee / Neimann / DOD

CB(6): Fuller / Ward / Breeland / Wade / Miller / Fields 

S(5): Mathieu / Sorensen / Thornhill / Watts / Lucas

ST(3):  Colquitt / Butker / Winchester 

Bell/Yelder battle continues into the season.   We sign a LB to the practice squad and bring him up once TE/ST spot is filled.

I don't feel like I remember us ever keeping that many offensive lineman. That's why we've always liked guys like Erving and Allen, because they can backup multiple spots. Boyd strikes me as a much more likely PS candidate than a full roster guy. You don't rotate on OL, and Erving/Allen are presumably the first backups at like every spot, so you'd probably need at minimum 3 injuries for Boyd to see time. That's a PS guy, IMO.

I'd be shocked if they cut Ragland straight away, just based on where and when he has been seeing playing time in preseason, so I think he would take Boyd's spot there.

22 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Other forums are doing, so let's jump off the bridge too!

QB: Mahomes, Henne (2)

RB: Dam. WIlliams, Thompson, Dar. WIlliams, Smith, Sherman (5)

TE: Kelce, Yelder *I think we look at cuts for TE2 (2)

OL: Fisher, Schwartz, LDT, Wylie, McKenzie, Reiter, Allegretti, Murray, Erving, Allen (10)

DL: Jones, Nnadi, Williams, Hamilton, Clark, Kpassagnon, Speaks, Okafor, Ogbah (9)

LB: Hitchens, Lee, Ragland, Niemann, Wilson, O'Daniel (6)

S: Mathieu, Sorenson, Thronhill, Watts (4)

IR or Suspended:

Dieter, Claiborne, Kemp, Reiser, Harris... and anyone else I forgot that's already injured/suspended.

Same thing I said in response to Samsel, I don't think we've ever kept 10 OL. Normally run with 8 or 9. Started the season with 9 each of the last two years. Murray would be the odd man out on your list, IMO.

I'd be very surprised as well if we keep Tremon Smith. We have too many viable returners on roster, especially if they keep DAT, to justify keeping a guy who literally only would seem to have value as a KR.

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Same thing I said in response to Samsel, I don't think we've ever kept 10 OL. Normally run with 8 or 9. Started the season with 9 each of the last two years. Murray would be the odd man out on your list, IMO.

I'd be very surprised as well if we keep Tremon Smith. We have too many viable returners on roster, especially if they keep DAT, to justify keeping a guy who literally only would seem to have value as a KR.

I agree that 9 OL is probably one too high.  But I also believe that we like who we have and don’t want to risk losing them. Also agree that Murray would be the first gone, with Erving being a dark horse candidate.

I think they want to keep him Tremon. His speed is valuable and he can play many positions on both sides, although excelling at none. 

I expect Smith to make the team. I think they see him as Tyreek Hill, year one. He would be a real threat out of the backfield, plus there are all the actual RB plays. If he can pass block at all...

I think five CB and five S. Which ones I am not so confident. The other was ten OL. Nine maybe, but three TE.

Still, those are just tweaks.

J

4 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I expect Smith to make the team. I think they see him as Tyreek Hill, year one. He would be a real threat out of the backfield, plus there are all the actual RB plays. If he can pass block at all...

I think five CB and five S. Which ones I am not so confident. The other was ten OL. Nine maybe, but three TE.

Still, those are just tweaks.

J

I feel like if this were the actual case, he would have been getting actual reps in preseason. Not the 3 carries and 1 target (IIRC) that he's gotten thus far.

Don't get me wrong, the athleticism is definitely there, but who do you take off the field to give him those kinds of reps? On gadget plays, I don't think you're ever going to go with Tremon over Hill, or Hardman, or even Watkins. And I don't think his speed advantage over Williams or Thompson is great enough to justify him over them in screen or toss plays lined up at RB. His only definite value is that he's likely the best KR on roster, but with our blocking, our coaching, and our overall athleticism, I don't doubt that Pringle or Hardman or Fenton could be effective in the role too.

I dunno. I think it would've been one thing like 5 years ago and the peak of athleticism on our WR depth chart was Dexter McCluster. But I'm not sure right now we need a roster spot spent on raw athleticism with how much more polished athleticism we already have.

7 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The point of using Smith in a gadget plays is that Hill and Watkins are in the patterns. Hardman does not have HR speed. I am not worried that he did not get 1st team reps. He has a big role on ST and probably has a lot to learn.

J

Hardman does not have HR speed?  Or was that the wrong name

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't feel like I remember us ever keeping that many offensive lineman. That's why we've always liked guys like Erving and Allen, because they can backup multiple spots. Boyd strikes me as a much more likely PS candidate than a full roster guy. You don't rotate on OL, and Erving/Allen are presumably the first backups at like every spot, so you'd probably need at minimum 3 injuries for Boyd to see time. That's a PS guy, IMO.

I'd be shocked if they cut Ragland straight away, just based on where and when he has been seeing playing time in preseason, so I think he would take Boyd's spot there.

Agreed, I was just playing around with different scenarios.  10 OL is too many,   TE/OL  I think is the spot we keep 1 extra for Claiborne.  Let other teams fill up their PS and see if we can slide one on later 

Ragland was just a surprise cut(if it’s even that surprising). I’m not sure what he brings to the team right now.  I think he makes it by default as we don’t have much at LB. 

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Shurmur (3)

RB: Dam. WIlliams, Thompson, Dar. WIlliams, Sherman (4)

TE: Kelce, Bell, Yelder (3) - I agree with KSJ, I don't think bell and yelder are safe with the waiver pick ups

OL: Fisher, Schwartz, LDT, Wylie, McKenzie, Reiter, Allegretti, Erving, Allen (9)

DL: Jones, Nnadi, Williams, Saunders, Clark, Kpassagnon, Speaks, Okafor, Ogbah (9)

LB: Hitchens, Lee, Niemann, Wilson, O'Daniel (5)

S: Mathieu, Sorenson, Thronhill, Watts, Lucas (5)

I could see McKenzie or Allegretti ending up on PS. I could see an interior DL (Williams likely, maaaaybe Saunders) getting cut as well for an additional STeamer, or even maybe a 7th WR