vs KC 

Bye

vs JAX 

@ IND 

@ OAK 

vs HOU 

vs NO 

@ HOU 

I see no reason for us not to win atleast 10 games. Winning 4/6 divisional games is extremely realistic especially now with Luck gone - a sweep and two splits or two sweeps and getting swept. The 3 best teams we play we all get at home (Chargers, Chiefs, Saints) and we’ve proven to be a very good home team the last few years. The remaining 7 games are all teams we are on par with or should be better than (but we all know how that goes so take it with a grain of salt) - Cleveland, Atlanta, Buffalo, Denver, Tampa Bay, Caroline, and Oakland.

I think our season will come down to how we play after the bye. 4 of those 6 games are against division opponents, but looking at the first 3 games in order...Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Oakland...that should not be too much for this team to win all 3 of those, but knowing us I could see us dropping one. Then we end with Houston, New Orleans, and then Houston again. I think the biggest thing here is that we get New Orleans on our turf in the cold and not in the Super Dome, and being that it’s later in the season, Brees’ arm may be worn down again. 

My prediction:

@ CLE - W

vs IND - W

@ JAX - W

@ ATL - L

vs BUF - W

@ DEN - L

vs LAC - L

vs TB - W

@ CAR - W

vs KC - L

Bye

vs JAX - W

@ IND - W

@ OAK - W

vs HOU - W

vs NO - W

@ HOU - L

11-5 and I feel like I’m being conservative. I honestly expect us to dominate the division with Luck gone. Watson legitimately may not even make it to week 17 with that o-line and with BOB running the show Houston could honestly just crumble. I believe in Vrabel to take this team to the next level. We have zero excuses not to win the division and host a playoff game.

I wouldn't argue with that too much if the defense continues to play well and our QB plays relatively will. I would swap the wins with Denver and New Orleans and keep the same record. Even if it's me just pessimistic, I would take one or two of those games that I expect to win and make it a close ugly loss that fans are furious about lol.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I wouldn't argue with that too much if the defense continues to play well and our QB plays relatively will. I would swap the wins with Denver and New Orleans and keep the same record. Even if it's me just pessimistic, I would take one or two of those games that I expect to win and make it a close ugly loss that fans are furious about lol.

We’ve shown we can go in and stink up the joint even though we’re a better team and Mile High is a weird place to play so that’s why I gave us an L to Denver. We may very well just beat the brakes off of them but if we do, we have a history of losing games we shouldn’t so you can chalk that L in elsewhere to maybe someone like Tampa Bay or something. I’m confident we’ll beat New Orleans at home in the winter though.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm cautiously optimistic.  But we've seen this team do impressive thing like stomp the Pats and Cowboys, but also lose to the Bills.  I'll believe in 11-5 when I see us turn into a consistent team.  We all know we have a talented roster, and the division is a two horse race now.