With Luck’s retirement, what’s your expectations for the AFCS?

dtait93

Now that Luck is gone the AFCS is open for the taking, but Tennessee, Houston, and Jacksonville all have question marks of their own.

Tennessee - will Mariota/Tannehill be enough at QB?

Houston - will Watson survive the season behind probably the worst o-line in the NFL?

Jacksonville - will Foles be the answer?

Obviously there’s more to add to each team but these are the main questions that will more likely than not need to be answered in order to win the division. Also, do you automatically count Indianapolis out with Brisett now at the helm, or are you still giving them a shot?

Who do you like to win the division?

Edited by dtait93

I wasn’t sold on the Colts but before Luck retired I had all three teams pretty even. I think the Titans will win the division now. I had the Colts by one game before but now I think the Titans at 10-6. Texans will keep things interesting though. But Bill O Brien will cost the Texans at least three games going for a FG at the one inch line. Texans 9-7, Titans 10-6. Colts maybe 6-10, they’ll be bad but not terrible. Even with no QB that roster is stacked. Wish the Raiders played in this three team division but it is what it is....

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You're over the moon aren't you @dtait93...

My prediction is that it becomes one of, if not THE tightest Divs. Something like;

Titans - 9-7

Texans - 9-7

Jags - 8-8

Colts - 6-10

Imagine being dismantled by Manning for over a decade then Luck continuing the onslaught for another 7 years. Hell the **** yeah I’m over the moon haha

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I forgot Houston ended up with 11 wins. They'll probably win the Div again, Tait. Don't get your hopes up ;)

They also just lost Lamar Miller for the season, Clowney still hasn’t signed his franchise tender and trade rumors are swirling, and it’s not for no reason that Texans fans want BOB fired and they’re operating without a GM. I can see them crumbling.

Edited by dtait93
  • Like 1

Of course Luck's retirement will set back expectations a tad, but Brissett is competent and we won't suddenly fall apart like when we had Curtis Painter as a QB.

Don't think we'll win the division. but hopefully we'll be close to whoever does. We've got a good core/team that's obviously now missing a franchise QB but as long as we can compete in the division there's not much more we can ask. 

• Like 1

I needed the Texans to go 5-11 to get rid of BOB. So... Houston is going 10-6, winning the division and getting blown out 63-3 by the Chargers in the 1st round of the playoffs. 

BOB gets a five year extension, which he donates to the league after he tampers - again - with Nick Caserio. 

This is my hell. This. Is. My. Hell.

• Like 12