With Luck’s retirement, what’s your expectations for the AFCS?

dtait93

It seems like the Titans division to lose, especially if they make the move to Tannehill before Week 10.  I think the Titans are a 10 win team but it’s more about the fact that I just don’t trust the Jaguars and Texans.  Foles is gonna have Marquise Lee coming off a torn ACL as his best receiver and the Texans won’t have the same luck as they did last season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

It seems like the Titans division to lose, especially if they make the move to Tannehill before Week 10.  I think the Titans are a 10 win team but it’s more about the fact that I just don’t trust the Jaguars and Texans.  Foles is gonna have Marquise Lee coming off a torn ACL as his best receiver and the Texans won’t have the same luck as they did last season

Dede Westbrook will have a big year for the Jags.

2 hours ago, Starless said:

I don't think you can discount the Colts quite yet. Brissett proved a couple of years ago that he's a capable QB under the worst of conditions. This year he'll come in with full knowledge of the playbook and a much better supporting cast. They also have a solid defense and Marlon Mack proved last year to be a very capable featured back. I could definitely see them winning at least 9 games.

i mean, they went 10-6 last year with luck having one of the best seasons of his career. “at least 9” games seems like it might be pushing it. but in general i agree, brissett is a capable QB and they’re definitely not going to be a doormat, or anything close.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

I needed the Texans to go 5-11 to get rid of BOB. So... Houston is going 10-6, winning the division and getting blown out 63-3 by the Chargers in the 1st round of the playoffs. 

BOB gets a five year extension, which he donates to the league after he tampers - again - with Nick Caserio. 

This is my hell. This. Is. My. Hell.

BoB should get a lifetime extension imo like the Duke Basketball Coach got.

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, they went 10-6 last year with luck having one of the best seasons of his career. “at least 9” games seems like it might be pushing it. but in general i agree, brissett is a capable QB and they’re definitely not going to be a doormat, or anything close.

But the Colts were better than their record....They were a much better and confident team in the second half of the season.

The Colts had won 9 of the last 10 games.

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think people are glossing over one big thing with Foles and Jax - that offensive supporting cast is atrocious. Might be the worst offense in the league in terms of skill positions.

So much of it is based on Leonard Fournette turning into Marshawn Lynch, when he's more comparable with Trent Richardson at this point - and he's got an attitude issue, which is a powder keg of a situation. Dede Westbrook is a solid #2 for most teams, but he's being elevated to a #1 spot, which isn't him at all. DJ Chark, Marquis Lee and Chris Conley are 3-4-5 type WRs, all bumped up to 2-3-4 status. Geoff Swaim was so lukewarm as a TE, the Cowboys opted to beg Jason Witten to come out of retirement instead of letting Swaim run it back. 

The OL is good. Cam Robinson is solid, Andrew Norwell has some potential after a disaster year last year, Brandon Linder is above average when healthy, RT should be settled in once Jawaan Taylor gets his knees and back right (which actually might be never).

Blake Bortles is bad, yes. But, swapping him out for Nick Foles doesn't automatically make this offense good. This offense is still really bad.

Really good breakdown and how I feel about Jacksonville. Especially the part about Fournette.

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

They started out 1-5 in no small part because Luck struggled early on and the defense hadn't yet jelled. They're a better team now.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Also, what should I expect from Houston? That offensive line terrifies me.

It terrified everyone last season, but Watson still managed 4,000+/26. 

I don't think the OL is good (at all) but I'd have to say that it's as good as last year's unit - take that for what it is. Pass blocking should be a mess, but run blocking is pretty good; Duke Johnson or (insert post cuts RB here) should have holes to run through.

BOB and his playcalling is where the issue is - no sort of creativity with our playcalling, so that's probably going to lead to more issues than the lack of an OL.