Chiefs @ Packers "The Camp Body Bowl"

Leader

16 minutes ago, boratt said:

Do you guys have game thread rituals? I want to start a Packer/Bear discussion thread but don’t wanna break traditions here 

Can't start a thread until the previous week is over.  Some people get really OCD about starting the GDT.  Typically, If you start the GDT and we win, you start the GDT until we lose, then someone else does it.  

• Like 1

I don't care much about GDT creation, in fact I wouldn't mind automatic (i.e. created by the forum slaves moderators) game threads. What I'd really like is to have the GDT closed as soon as the game ends to make sure all post-game discussion happens, well, in the post-game thread. Otherwise it sucks because you have to find the GDT page where the in-game posting ends (which, let's be frank, is usually pretty inane) to start reading any post-game analysis.

Andy Herman: An absolutely huge day today for:

T. Boyle
F. Brown
T. Carson
J. Crawford
S. Ficken (prob not for GB)
K. Ford
N. Jamerson
D. Kizer
A. Lazard (if healthy)
J. Looney
C. Madison (if healthy)
J’Mon
J. McCray
L. Patrick
R. Ramsey
W. Redmond
Shep
C. Sullivan
L. Taylor
D. Williams

• Like 1

I want to see an inverse gameday 46 today. Only our 46 worst players suit up. Don't waste my time with Kumerow and Davis at WR, it should be nothing but Moore, Shep, Lazard, Redding and Taylor tonight (with Redding and Taylor only playing when the top 3 need a blow). Only Sternberger and the scrubs at TE, enough of Tonyan. I don't need any Lowry or Adams, just start Keke. Holloman and Sullivan as starting CBs, don't need to see Jackson or Crazy Tony. 

If you want a true battle, Id rotate Kizer and Boyle one series at a time with the same personnel. Boyle and Kizer have both looked like trash with that late game group, I want to compare them running with the same players.

Excited to see Getsy call plays cause he's a QB coach and probably won't start running out the clock after the coin toss.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you want a true battle, Id rotate Kizer and Boyle one series at a time with the same personnel. Boyle and Kizer have both looked like trash with that late game group, I want to compare them running with the same players.

Took Boyle a series to warm up last week, so maybe give them 2 series per rotation.
Or to make it more competitive, try the pickup basketball game  of "make-it,  take- it"
When a QB leads a scoring drive, he gets the next one too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Took Boyle a series to warm up last week, so maybe give them 2 series per rotation.
Or to make it more competitive, try the pickup basketball game  of "make-it,  take- it"
When a QB leads a scoring drive, he gets the next one too.

To be fair to this competition it took Boyle a quarter to get warmed up. But I like the make it take it idea.

On 8/25/2019 at 8:45 PM, Donzo said:

Dang, I'm gonna miss this game... I found a Packer bar in the Keys, but I'm going to the Red Barn Theater on Thursday night... I dislike Thursday night games, even in preseason.

Enjoy!

Let's hope we don't get the brunt of Dorian this time around.  Stay safe all of you guys on the east coast of FL!

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Only our 46 worst players suit up

I feel sorry for the 54th best player in the team. Not good enough to make the 53, not bad enough to play tonight.

Edit: it's not 100 players in the roster, I'm dumb. Leaving it up for shame

Edited by Packer_ESP
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Let's hope we don't get the brunt of Dorian this time around.  Stay safe all of you guys on the east coast of FL!

Go north. Go north. Go north. Go north..........

Sorry folks to the north, but current tracking has this thing hitting somewhere along the east coast - then chugging across over to my neck of the woods. Either a little bit north of me....or a litte bit south.....but as of right now, kinda like "right there" - dependent on where it makes landfall. 

I really, really, really dont need a high wind event right about now. I've a tall *dead* tree in the front yard that rain backups has kept from being cut down. If it fell over at the base......its a judgement call if it would hit the house....but the "projected fall" puts it way too close for comfort. Plus I've a number of tall trees rooted in already rain saturated ground. More rain and high winds isnt what the doctor would order at this stage. 

So....do me a favor....and go north.