Packers are releasing former 2nd-round pick safety Josh Jones

Steelersfan43

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Why give up on him already?

Hes a LB that refuses to play LB. I think he'd make a great nickle backer in the NFL, he just firmly believes in him mind thats he's a safety. Our starting nickel backer went down and actually opened the door for him to start, he was moved there for a day in practice and has been out with an "illness" for the last 2 weeks, which I think was him pretty much quitting now that safety was off the table.

Good luck to whoever claims him and tries to make him a S. He'd be a true in the box safety and those don't have a purpose anymore. If you can convince him he's a LB, I think you have a player there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Hes a LB that refuses to play LB. I think he'd make a great nickle backer in the NFL, he just firmly believes in him mind thats he's a safety. Our starting nickel backer went down and actually opened the door for him to start, he was moved there for a day in practice and has been out with an "illness" for the last 2 weeks, which I think was him pretty much quitting now that safety was off the table.

Good luck to whoever claims him and tries to make him a S. He'd be a true in the box safety and those don't have a purpose anymore. If you can convince him he's a LB, I think you have a player there.

Thanks for the explanation. Wasn't aware of this

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Bet the Browns sign him. Our SS are pretty bad.

27 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Game just never slowed down for him, and he was lost if he wasn't close to the line of scrimmage.  I'm not sure the game will slow down for him anywhere else, but perhaps someone will want a S/LB tweener type and can sell him on the idea.

Someone needs to put him in touch with Mark Barron about how that type of switch can save a career and make him some real money before slipping into the bowels of obscurity. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm sure it adds an extra but of joy for PIT fans to know they landed Watt and JuJu picking after a GB team that went with King and Jones,

???

I mean, he did mention Kamara too.    He was probably just noting who the Packers couldve gotten instead of Jones.

Needed info?    Maybe not, but Ive seen people make note of things like this before.    Not sure what the big deal is.

Had a few games where he definitely flashed and looked like a gem, but he's just been a negative presence the last year or so. Personnel wise GB was the perfect place for him to succeed. Whoever gets him is getting a solid *** player probably, but as an outsider fan he's been extremely annoying, so I'm kind of glad he's just off the team at this point. I'm sure he'll be on his best behavior on his new team tho. 

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't get that. What's wrong with being a Linebacker? It would be his best chance to get playing time because GB has a hole at the position beside Martinez.