Raiders sign DT Corey Liuget

RaidersAreOne

30 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gotta think Vanderdoes is cut soon and Jelly is traded for a conditional late pick if possible.

It probably means they're going to move someone at the position but even if Vanderdoes is cut and Ellis traded, we have more DTs than we can carry on the 53.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

It probably means they're going to move someone at the position but even if Vanderdoes is cut and Ellis traded, we have more DTs than we can carry on the 53.

I hope we're not that dumb, but I keep questioning why Hurst is continuously being played for most of the preseasons games when every other starter is out. 

Edited by RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gotta think Vanderdoes is cut soon and Jelly is traded for a conditional late pick if possible.

Vanderdoes sealed his fate with his injury to start camp. Westbrook’s has been playing a lot and was meh against the Packers. Assuming this signing means he’s gone and we’re trading Jelly. 

Hankins - Hurst - Rush - Hall - Liuget is solid depth inside. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vanderdoes sealed his fate with his injury to start camp. Westbrook’s has been playing a lot and was meh against the Packers. Assuming this signing means he’s gone and we’re trading Jelly. 

Hankins - Hurst - Rush - Hall - Liuget is solid depth inside. 

23 hours ago, 101Raider said:

odd, I didn't really consider DT as a position we really needed to go out and actively attempt to upgrade.  Would love to see us go out and trade/sign edge rushers, guards and linebackers...

Probably has a lot to do with who is available.  I'm sure we will address those positions after the rosters are cut down to 53.  There will be a ton of movement over the next couple of weeks.