Trade Rumors

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Mike Clay? Never heard of her.

Matt Kalil is the worst player in the NFL. I have absolutely no question on that, he's absolute trash. This being said, he's not wrong - because the Texans OL was a complete mess before Kalil arrived. Now, it's less of a mess... but still a mess.

Also, what is a Seantrel Henderson?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also, what is a Seantrel Henderson?

He's... actually not that bad. Was pretty good in Buffalo, then was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, then smoked pot to deal with it, got suspended four games. He was the starting RT for about 30 minutes last season, broke his leg week 1 vs the Pats. 

You could definitely improve, but you can do worse...

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

Youre like the kid complaining that his prom date didn't blow him when the rest of us are sitting here with our cousin. 

I would kill to make the playoffs this year 

The niners have terrible ownership, and are raking in the cash after they moved to the new, crappy stadium that is too hot and filled with corporate techies who don't care about football. We've been horrible for my entire life. 

You might be too young to remember, but once upon a time - the 49ers were THE dominant force in the universe, they are the home of the greatest football player to ever play the game. That's history, nobody can take that away from you - no matter how bad it gets, that's your story.

The Texans don't HAVE history. They have nothing but this. So that's part of it as well, Texans fans don't have "the good ol days" to go back to when things get bleak. The "good ol days" are now the intellectual property of our biggest division rival, so that's only insult to injury.

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Sorry, buddy.  :(

It's all good. My hope is that this debacle serves as the death knell of the Bill O'Brien era. 

If he's not fired this off-season, you'll have to check on me. 

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You might be too young to remember, but once upon a time - the 49ers were THE dominant force in the universe, they are the home of the greatest football player to ever play the game. That's history, nobody can take that away from you - no matter how bad it gets, that's your story.

The Texans don't HAVE history. They have nothing but this. So that's part of it as well, Texans fans don't have "the good ol days" to go back to when things get bleak. The "good ol days" are now the intellectual property of our biggest division rival, so that's only insult to injury.

That's technically true, but I consider the Texans an extension of the Houston Oilers.  They definitely had a history, with some very good years during the Bum Phillips era with the great Earl Campbell.  That's my take as an outsider anyway.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The niners were never a dominant force as far as I am concerned. We have been a horribly run franchise with crap ownership for my entire fanhood. History be damned

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

The niners were never a dominant force as far as I am concerned. We have been a horribly run franchise with crap ownership for my entire fanhood. History be damned

I can totally understand how you feel and I agree with you on that.  Some fan bases like to talk big about things their team did before they were even born.  That falls on deaf ears for me too.  It's kind of like someone in Minnesota talking about the great tradition of winning basketball we have because of the days of the Minneapolis Lakers.  LOL.  I hope for your sake that the Niners can put it all together soon.  I've said it before that in our Week 1 game against you last year, I came away from that thinking that you had a playoff caliber team at the time.  Then Jimmy G. went down with the injury.  Hopefully, he can get things back on track.  

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's technically true, but I consider the Texans an extension of the Houston Oilers.  They definitely had a history, with some very good years during the Bum Phillips era with the great Earl Campbell.  That's my take as an outsider anyway.

I want to, but I can't. Moon, Campbell, Bum and co are important parts of Houston history, but not Texans history - if that makes sense.

Just now, ET80 said:

I want to, but I can't. Moon, Campbell, Bum and co are important parts of Houston history, but not Texans history - if that makes sense.

Yeah, I can understand.  It's like when Minnesota lost the North Stars.  We now have the Minnesota Wild hockey team but it's just not the same because the North Stars were the team I loved when I was a kid playing hockey.  I still love the Tyler Rose though, no matter who he played for.  Best running back ever, IMO.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

^^^^  What he said.

David Carr was martyred for this?

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Also a part of Houston history that carries the stench of The Stache (Jeff Fisher).  Well... not a wafting aroma of it, but at least a wisp.  And it still seizes the nostrils like the smell of burning hair.

40 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Also a part of Houston history that carries the stench of The Stache (Jeff Fisher).  Well... not a wafting aroma of it, but at least a wisp.  And it still seizes the nostrils like the smell of burning hair.

His tenure in Houston was less than 16 games. I mean, he started off here, I guess.

Archived