Trade Rumors

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We don’t need a tight end though. Pnies is just freaking out.

There is no fanbase in the NFL that irrationally freaks out about TE depth more than the Cleveland Browns fans.

Spending a 1st round pick on Njoku who is a borderline top 10 TE in the league is not enough. We need 2. Hell, make it 3 just to be sure.

8 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Packers are in desperate need of ILB help. Either one of those guys would likely be starting in base week 1. 

I would die to land one of those two. Unfortunately, we won't be giving up any draft picks for one and we'll probably wait until camp casualties happen.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lmao who the hell are saying that

Seen some people on TV suggesting it, I don't think its a good idea for the Colts. I think they really believe in Brissett and this is a great time to find out if he's the real deal or not. The Colts appear to have a very good roster so if he plays great then that's awesome, they had a solid backup plan and it paid off, if not then they know they probably better go after a QB high in the draft 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Does Clowney get moved?

I have to think so, but I don't know what the holdup is. The local guys (John McClain, John Granato) are saying Clowney is "negotiating" with two teams and there is a deal in principle to move Clowney for a LT.

The two teams I've heard are Miami and Buffalo - and I've heard both Larmey Tunsil and Dion Dawkins mentioned as potential guys in return for him (along with some other assets, I would imagine).

I'd prefer Tunsil over Dawkins, if I'm being honest. Dawkins seems like a guy who needs a lot of quality players on the OL to look his best, whereas Tunsil has been steadily getting better with a hodgepodge unit around him. Dawkins fits the personality and versatility that the Texans want out of the their guys, where Tunsil might not be the "company line" guy the Texans desire, but is simply a better LT with less propensity to draw penalties (Dawkins with 13 holding penalties - that Julie'n Davenport-level bad).

I think it comes down to whichever team can convince Clowney to sign his tender. I'm sure any sort of agreements will be made with a wink and a handshake agreement, with ballpark figures agreed to for NEXT off-season.

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We don’t need a tight end though. Pnies is just freaking out.

Demetrius Harris is slow, avg. blocker and can’t catch a cold

Devalve is constantly hurt.

We have 1 TE. We need a #2.

We need a SS and a RG more, though.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I have to think so, but I don't know what the holdup is. The local guys (John McClain, John Granato) are saying Clowney is "negotiating" with two teams and there is a deal in principle to move Clowney for a LT.

The two teams I've heard are Miami and Buffalo - and I've heard both Larmey Tunsil and Dion Dawkins mentioned as potential guys in return for him (along with some other assets, I would imagine).

I'd prefer Tunsil over Dawkins, if I'm being honest. Dawkins seems like a guy who needs a lot of quality players on the OL to look his best, whereas Tunsil has been steadily getting better with a hodgepodge unit around him. Dawkins fits the personality and versatility that the Texans want out of the their guys, where Tunsil might not be the "company line" guy the Texans desire, but is simply a better LT with less propensity to draw penalties (Dawkins with 13 holding penalties - that Julie'n Davenport-level bad).

I think it comes down to whichever team can convince Clowney to sign his tender. I'm sure any sort of agreements will be made with a wink and a handshake agreement, with ballpark figures agreed to for NEXT off-season.

I’d love Clowney on the Bills but our priority needs to be protecting Josh Allen, we can’t be giving up our starting left tackle a week before the season starts. 

13 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Demetrius Harris is slow, avg. blocker and can’t catch a cold

Devalve is constantly hurt.

We have 1 TE. We need a #2.

We need a SS and a RG more, though.

Ah Incompletrius "Stone Hands" Harris is still living up to the nickname huh?

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’d love Clowney on the Bills but our priority needs to be protecting Josh Allen, we can’t be giving up our starting left tackle a week before the season starts. 

My guess would be McCoy and a pick(1st round) . Even tho Texans really need a LT they should have went hard in FA. To late now unless redskins or dolphins agree to move there LT

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Lael Collins for Clowney. He can play LT.

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

My guess would be McCoy and a pick(1st round) . Even tho Texans really need a LT they should have went hard in FA. To late now unless redskins or dolphins agree to move there LT

The Texans are not pressing to move Clowney ASAP. If they don't get exactly what they want (a starting calibur LT with upside) they keep Clowney this season, play him 16, tag him next off-season.

McCoy and a pick sounds nice in theory, but that's it.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Lael Collins for Clowney. He can play LT.

I'm actually pretty good with this, assuming there's more to be added. Collins for Clowney straight up is not happening.

Archived