OL Starting lineup

Johnny Nix

7 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

really sad Billy Price can’t crack the starting lineup

Sad in one way, happy in others.  Really happy because it shows this staff isn't going to die on the basis of a guy's draft pedigree.  Sad in that the pick is looking worse and worse.

• Like 1

Also, i feel like if the line can stay healthy, this will be a middle of the road line.  Which is a huge step up from previous years.  

Also i don't feel like they're going to stay healthy.  So it's probably moot.

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm good with the starting 5 considering what the Bengals have to work with.  My hope like others is that when Price is fully healthy that he can win the starting RG position over Miller.  Long term I think he's a better guard than center...

And Hopkins was pretty good there last year.  So why rock the boat?  

10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Long term I think he's a better guard than center..

I agree with this. Kinda the same with Jordan being better at G than C. If the run game struggles to get anything going I’m sure we will see more changes to the lineup. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Price should be the long term RG, once healthy.  If Williams is  a stud, and we keep Hopkins long term, we draft a RT in the first and LBs in rounds 2-4 next draft.  The line would be set for the foreseeable future.

QB in the first, but a RT after that sounds good...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

QB in the first, but a RT after that sounds good...

If we are in the top 3-4, then yeah.  I hope we aren't.  And if they aren't 1-2, I'm fine with trading back for the tackle (Thomas, Georgia) and picking up a future 1st in 2021 to stockpile ammo to go after Lawrence.

16 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

If we are in the top 3-4, then yeah.  I hope we aren't.  And if they aren't 1-2, I'm fine with trading back for the tackle (Thomas, Georgia) and picking up a future 1st in 2021 to stockpile ammo to go after Lawrence.

I'm ok with that plan, but if we have the OL you're predicting we won't be able to get Lawrence, because he's going #1 overall.

Next years draft has Tua, Herbert, and...Cole McDonald.  Tua will go #1 overall, and Herbert shortly after that.  I think it's time the Bengals started being aggressive and TRADE UP in the first round to get their QBOTF, instead of not wanting to trade a pick that we'll use on a backup LB...