OL Starting lineup

Johnny Nix

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Price was such a bad pick at the time and it looks even worse now. That's what you get for getting caught reaching on positions of need instead of BPA.

Wasn't even the best center available.  Most of us were on the James Daniels bandwagon, whose the starting center for the Bears now...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

Wasn't even the best center available.  Most of us were on the James Daniels bandwagon, whose the starting center for the Bears now...

He played guard last year though,  right?

Season hasn't started and its draft talk that gets this forum going.

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

Duke Tobin, or whoever pulls the strings behind the curtains, is souring on me. 

I'm still not over the Sample pick. Let's see him prove me wrong.

Just now, Beck Bristow said:

He played guard last year though,  right?

Season hasn't started and its draft talk that gets this forum going.

It's pretty much universal that first/second round centers start at guard and move to center in year 2. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head but I remember Goodberry mentioning this and rattling off pretty long list. Ragnow has done the same thing in Detroit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It's pretty much universal that first/second round centers start at guard and move to center in year 2. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head but I remember Goodberry mentioning this and rattling off pretty long list. Ragnow has done the same thing in Detroit.

Yeah,  that's a practice I support,  I was just questioning my memory and wanting to make sure the move to center happened.  Not that it matters either way.  

21 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Price should be the long term RG, once healthy.  If Williams is  a stud, and we keep Hopkins long term, we draft a RT in the first and LBs in rounds 2-4 next draft.  The line would be set for the foreseeable future.

I'm not sure they're going that route.  Something tells me that if Price earns a spot, it's at Center.  And Hopkins will slide to guard.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I'm not sure they're going that route.  Something tells me that if Price earns a spot, it's at Center.  And Hopkins will slide to guard.

Either way,, the players on the line are set, whether it's Price at C and Hokins at RG, or Hopkins at C and Price at RG.  With Jonah at OT, we really are only another OT away from a solid line.  If they draft in the top 6, but can't get the QB, take the top LT and let Williams play RT.  If they are lower than that, take the best RT and roll.  Right now, I see Thomas as the best RT in the draft.  He is an excellent run blocker, and is improving in pass pro.  Imagine him and Price leading the way around the right side instead of Redmond and Hart.  Mixon will end up costing a fortune to keep, which is honestly a great problem to have.

Speaking of the draft, it's going to tough seeing Devin Bush develop as a potential all-pro over the course of this year. What an absolute stud he's been so far. And it'll be especially hard given that Jonah is on the shelf and we don't have a consolation prize to admire.

Also, Andre Dillard has looked great in preseason action. I can't handle another blown first rounder..

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Speaking of the draft, it's going to tough seeing Devin Bush develop as a potential all-pro over the course of this year. What an absolute stud he's been so far. And it'll be especially hard given that Jonah is on the shelf and we don't have a consolation prize to admire.

Also, Andre Dillard has looked great in preseason action. I can't handle another blown first rounder..

I'm fine with the pick.  A lot of Steeler fans were 'celebrating' Artie Burn's rookie season while WJIII was hurt. Can't predict injuries...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

I'm fine with the pick.  A lot of Steeler fans were 'celebrating' Artie Burn's rookie season while WJIII was hurt. Can't predict injuries...

I agree. We just have to wait longer for our “prize”. I really don’t see Jonah being a bust