Do the Packers have the worst ILB corps in the NFL?

FAH1223

22 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

This is in my mind, the biggest hole on the roster. Gutekunst hasn't done a damn thing to address it. 

Like holy crap man. 

He drafted a guy in the 3rd round last year to play the position, he's hurt. He thought he had a 2nd round guy he inherited at safety that could move there, the guy didn't want to play that position allegedly. I think that is a little more than, 'hasn't done a damn thing to address it.'  But that is just my opinion! 

• Like 5

This position is certainly an issue, regardless of what nickel we play or how much we play it.  Martinez could be done for the year as early as tomorrow.  That potential must be prepared for.  The two injured guys are unknowns and Summers unlikely ready for a major role anytime soon.  That might be said for the injured guys as well.

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kinda depends. 

Is our nickel going to be a 3-3? Are we just going to play a **** ton of Dime?

If we can get by with just Martinez on the field, it's a little bit different deal. 

Any team committed to running right at us scares the hell out of me right now.

I think saying they haven't done a damn thing is a little harsh. There's a difference between "doing nothing" and "doing something" but having the "something" part either not pan out or someone getting injured.

With that said, I really do trust Pettine to get a lot out of these guys. And if he says he really needs someone else I think they make a move.

I'm not worried about it.

If you're going to be bad at one position on the defense, ILB is not a bad choice.. just sayin'.  Like there are defenses where a quality ILB makes a big difference, but your response to "not having one of those guys" is "don't run that defense."  But honestly, were you going to sign Kwon Alexander or Mosley to the deals they got?  No.  Were you going to trade up to draft either of the Devons?  Also no. 

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Any team committed to running right at us scares the hell out of me right now.

If somebody wants to run 25 snaps into the teeth of a front line with Clark, Z, and Preston on it, that group will get enough stops we won't bleed out on it, even with crap behind it, and Martinez alone keeps it from being pure crap. 

• Like 2