Charting Alex Bars at LT

WindyCity

I charted Alex Bars at LT in the 2nd half.

I had him on the field for 27 snaps. 9 runs and 18 passes.

Runs: 9 total, 3 negative, 4 positive.

-He got caught by the increased speed of the guy across from him.

-He has natural power and size so on a couple down blocks he was really moving guys.

-Nice and smooth to the 2nd level on one run that was stuffed behind him.

Pass: 18 total, 4 negative, 11 positive.

-He was consistently in the right position. He took a nice angle back and forced the DE to come into his body.

-He uses his long arms and has a strong punch and did a nice job of getting his hands on the defender.

-Did a really nice job on stunts and showed good awareness and physicality.

-His feet are clunky and guys with better speed and technique are going to hurt him with his clunky kick slide.

-Struggled to redirect a couple of times on inside rushes.

-Has no athletic ability to spare, was late out of his stance once and was beat pretty quickly.

Overall

-I was encouraged by what I saw, but I am not sure if he is a guy who can start for 2-3 games if Leno goes down.

-A couple of issues will come with reps and technique work.

-He is a naturally powerful guy so that seems to help him from getting bull rushed when his feet are being clunky.

-I would play him the entire 4th pre-season game at LT and gets get him as many reps as possible so he can iron out that kick slide and look a little more fluid and natural doing it.

• Like 2

Didn't break it down like you did, Windy. (Which isn't surprising, as I'm, well, me:D

But I have to say that even a partially discombobulated, old, evil scientist like me noticed that Bars has played pretty damn well so far this pre-season. Hope he makes the team. He could grow into a really good one. 

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He is an OG, let’s not get delusions of grandeur.

He has OG feet.

But for a first time at OT, I would not burn the tape and banish him to OG forever based on what we saw.

Edited by dll2000
Changed my mind.