Former Falcons LB Paul Worrilow retires

TheKillerNacho

Not sure why Atlanta ever let him go.  Came in as a UDFA, had three solid seasons, and they just gave up on him.  He along with Jones and Campbell would have made a pretty nice LB corps.  In fact, I'd say he was much more impressive than Campbell has been...

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

Not sure why Atlanta ever let him go.  Came in as a UDFA, had three solid seasons, and they just gave up on him.  He along with Jones and Campbell would have made a pretty nice LB corps.  In fact, I'd say he was much more impressive than Campbell has been...

Word has it that his knees are completely shot at this point.

3 hours ago, frenchie said:

He couldn't cover. Campbell can. Campbell has been excellent. But what do I know?

On 8/28/2019 at 11:12 AM, frenchie said:

That is a horribly wrong assumption you have there.  Pretty much every Falcon fan wanted him off the team he was a stat padder.  He would tackle people like 5 to 8 yards down the field and miss alot of plays and tackles at the line of scrimmage when he actually did attempt to come up and hit someone.   Although that i could somewhat deal with but his coverage was garbage and Campbell is a much better Lb than he ever was.  I would find it hard to believe than you will find any Falcon fan that says Worrilow is better than Campbell as a player. 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:11 AM, FalconFan13 said:

That is a horribly wrong assumption you have there. 

The only assumption I made was that Worrilow, Campbell and Jones would have made a solid LB corps.  Sorry you disagree.  

My opinion was that I was more impressed with what I'd seen from Worrilow.  He came in as a UDFA, and essentially became one of the few bright spots on a pretty bad defense, and unlike Campbell, Worrilow actually made plays.  Campbell tries to make plays, and a lot of times, unfortunately, washes himself out of the play...

stat padder. 

You say stat padder, I say nose for the ball.

He would tackle people like 5 to 8 yards down the field

This is more of an indictment of Falcon d-line rather than a single LB. Besides, is he supposed to not bother tackling guys that gain 5 yards?  Somebody has to make the tackle...

tackles at the line of scrimmage when he actually did attempt to come up and hit someone.  

Worrilow had 14 TFL in 3 years as a starter for ATL.

Jones has 15

Campbell has 12

....what's the problem?

coverage was garbage

Here's a news flash, all LBs struggle in coverage.  Most TEs, and nearly all RBs and WRs will beat a LB in coverage 4 out of 5 times.

You can count on one hand the number of LBs in the NFL that actually excel in coverage, and even then it has more to do with instinct/play recognition, and much less to do with their ability to actually run with RBs, TEs and WRs.

Campbell is a much better Lb than he ever was. 

you have no evidence supporting this ASSUMPTION.

I would find it hard to believe than you will find any Falcon fan that says Worrilow is better than Campbell as a player. 

Me too; mainly because I'm not going to go around asking...  I don't participate in groupthink.

While I will always have swole memories thinking about Worriswole there is no denying he isn't a good LB. Dude had great metrics, was a good leader and had a swole personality. But the guys instincts didn't kick in until the play was yards behind the LOS.

He might have had more TFL then Campbell but I'm fairly confident his average depth of tackle (is that a metric?) Was also a lot worse.

Tl;dr dude was swole and I'd have beers with him but he just wasn't a great LB even though the world would have been a better place if he was. I just hope he enjoyed his time in the NFL and made enough to have at least a semi carefree life.