College Footabll - BACK BABY

Texas_OutLaw7

Seriously, people trying to convince themselves that zone read option QBs make for solid NFL prospects. They don’t. You may get one decent one every once in a while. But, by and large, they fail, and the fail for the same reasons: poor mechanics, poor accuracy, and they can’t read defenses. Jalen Hurts is just another in a long, illustrious list of RBs parading as a QB.

35 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Seriously, people trying to convince themselves that zone read option QBs make for solid NFL prospects. They don’t. You may get one decent one every once in a while. But, by and large, they fail, and the fail for the same reasons: poor mechanics, poor accuracy, and they can’t read defenses. Jalen Hurts is just another in a long, illustrious list of RBs parading as a QB.

@plan9misfit curious to see your stance on Fields.

Do you think he is a zone read guy or do you think he can succeed at the next level?

55 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

@plan9misfit curious to see your stance on Fields.

Do you think he is a zone read guy or do you think he can succeed at the next level?

His passing is better than most “dual threat” guys, but he has a lot of work to do. He’s still really raw as a passer. I wouldn’t have a lot of confidence in him as a prospect if he entered the draft in April. Obviously he isn’t eligible, but you know what I mean.

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Man, the NCAA and NFL have got to do something about their referees.

I get missing some calls, but there are simply waaaay too many calls that are just totally butchered.  

Good God, yes. Both games today had calls and non-calls utterly butchered. The non-call for defensive PI against LSU was one of the worst I’ve seen. It was up there with the non-call against the Rams last year in the NFC Title Game. My wife is an LSU girl and was stunned that it wasn’t called.