College Footabll - BACK BABY

Texas_OutLaw7

58 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Most highly rated QBs are very dependent on the environment they end up in to determine how good they are going to be. But I honestly think that Burrow might be a rare quarterback that can lift a franchise. Dude is so good.

Yea but a poor coach can waste his career. He may want to pull an Eli soon. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but a poor coach can waste his career. He may want to pull an Eli soon. 

That was the point of the first part of my post. I completely agree. However, I do think Joe Burrow is good enough that he may be able to elevate a franchise even if he doesn't end up in the greatest situation. 

34 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That was the point of the first part of my post. I completely agree. However, I do think Joe Burrow is good enough that he may be able to elevate a franchise even if he doesn't end up in the greatest situation. 

Cincinnati is like...a burning dumpster fire. He's good enough to lift them to probably a somewhat consistent playoff contender, but I think that would be a waste of his talents. 

Burrow could win multiple championships with the right franchise.

22 minutes ago, D82 said:

Cincinnati is like...a burning dumpster fire. He's good enough to lift them to probably a somewhat consistent playoff contender, but I think that would be a waste of his talents. 

Burrow could win multiple championships with the right franchise.

Maybe. Seen a lot of franchises turn from dumpster fires into competitive franchises and vice versa fairly quickly over the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I will need to watch more. He certainly isn't perfect, but if he was, we likely wouldn't have a shot at him.

Maybe we have built up expectations too high with respect to him and the need we have?  FWIW a lot of the draft prognosticators have us interested in him.Regardless he didn't look like an impact player last night.

• Like 1