Jump to content
Texas_OutLaw7

College Footabll - BACK BABY

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So where does Jim Harbaugh end up going. Back to the NFL? Would you take him?

In what capacity would he fit in here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D82 said:

In what capacity would he fit in here?

Clarification. I meant if you were a/any NFL team in general. So lets try again.

Can/will he make for a good NFL HC. or is it better off trying someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Clarification. I meant if you were a/any NFL team in general. So lets try again.

Can/will he make for a good NFL HC. or is it better off trying someone else.

Ah, alright then.

Well...he turned around the 49ers, took them to a Super Bowl. I'd have to think there's some team out there who would give him a hard look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So where does Jim Harbaugh end up going. Back to the NFL? Would you take him?

I've soured on Harbaugh over the last few years, so I would pass personally. I believe he would do well in with a team built to win immediately. but his personality is a major hurdle and simply not a good fit for a long term situation

 

18 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't follow Michigan, so why did JH Fail with Michigan? @plan9misfit ??? thoughts on this.

Anyone?

He hasn't found another Andrew Luck to play QB or really strong assistant coaches like David Shaw or Vic Fangio. 

The other one is the aforementioned personality. By Harbaugh's own admission he can rub people the wrong way. Thirty years ago he probably could have gotten away with this, but it simply doesn't fly very well today.

All that aside, UM has averaged 10 wins a season under Harbaugh too.  And with that, I can't help but think of the parallels between his situation and the one at Nebraska under Frank Solich and again under Bo Pelini. NU averaged 10 wins a season under Solich and then 9.5 under Pelini and it wasn't good enough for their fan base. Entitlement is a MASSIVE issue among sports fans. especially in places where elite success has been attained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

So where does Jim Harbaugh end up going. Back to the NFL? Would you take him?

I can see him going to the Panthers when they fire Ron Rivera or the Seahawks when Pete retires. If he goes to the Seahawks that would be the biggest culture shock in the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I've soured on Harbaugh over the last few years, so I would pass personally. I believe he would do well in with a team built to win immediately. but his personality is a major hurdle and simply not a good fit for a long term situation

 

He hasn't found another Andrew Luck to play QB or really strong assistant coaches like David Shaw or Vic Fangio. 

The other one is the aforementioned personality. By Harbaugh's own admission he can rub people the wrong way. Thirty years ago he probably could have gotten away with this, but it simply doesn't fly very well today.

All that aside, UM has averaged 10 wins a season under Harbaugh too.  And with that, I can't help but think of the parallels between his situation and the one at Nebraska under Frank Solich and again under Bo Pelini. NU averaged 10 wins a season under Solich and then 9.5 under Pelini and it wasn't good enough for their fan base. Entitlement is a MASSIVE issue among sports fans. especially in places where elite success has been attained.

agree with bold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I can see him going to the Panthers when they fire Ron Rivera or the Seahawks when Pete retires. If he goes to the Seahawks that would be the biggest culture shock in the world. 

does the JH type of coach, not named Belichick (who doesn't really yell like JH anyway) even have a place in the modern NFL. He, as mentioned by Wiz, might not be a good long term coach as he will eventually wear on players etc.. 

Though In thought JH's style would be more suited for college than the NFL anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't follow Michigan, so why did JH Fail with Michigan? @plan9misfit ??? thoughts on this.

Anyone?

I think his inability to find reliable offensive coordinators, a grating personality, and a general inability to find offensive skill position players (QB, RB, WR) contributed to him not beating top 10 teams and continually losing to rivals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone watch the defensive slugfest known as the Washington State - UCLA game last night? It ended super late, but it was a lot of fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 11:19 PM, resilient part 2 said:

does the JH type of coach, not named Belichick (who doesn't really yell like JH anyway) even have a place in the modern NFL. He, as mentioned by Wiz, might not be a good long term coach as he will eventually wear on players etc.. 

Though In thought JH's style would be more suited for college than the NFL anyway.

I felt he'd be better for college - but here we are.

I can see him for a team that is on the cusp of greatness. Seattle needs new leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I felt he'd be better for college - but here we are.

I can see him for a team that is on the cusp of greatness. Seattle needs new leadership.

Trading Pete Carroll's personality for Harbaugh's seems like a huge mistake for any team, in any sport to make. Besides, Seattle is probably sitting at 3-1 after next week. 

I'm thinking Jets (Gase is one and done), Houston and Atlanta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WizardHawk said:

Trading Pete Carroll's personality for Harbaugh's seems like a huge mistake for any team, in any sport to make. Besides, Seattle is probably sitting at 3-1 after next week. 

I'm thinking Jets (Gase is one and done), Houston and Atlanta. 

Houston is a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×