Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
y2lamanaki

49ers Future Podcast Episode 22 - Now Available (2/2/20 - SUPER BOWL) - Check First Post

Recommended Posts

Your best pod yet. You guys are the only pod really giving Jeff Wilson any love. If he can really solidify himself as a goalline converter, it could be huge for us and really open up the offense in the RZ. 

 

Also, i'm not sure there's a player (non-star/Long snapper/Punter)  In FF49er history that's as loved as Blair. Especially since our forums opinion, on the whole has been completely different from seemingly every coaching staff up until the past 2 games. I am so glad he's finally getting recognized. Pretty much from day 1 he's been rotational ready and has consistently performed his job when asked. By all account he's a coach on the field and he can play pretty much every position and do it well. Him and Armstead were reason enough to not draft Thomas, but despite Thomas' failings, he's locked down whatever spot we've needed too when times are rough. If we can extend the big guys and retain Blair for 3-4 years, I will be ecstatic. 

Edited by John232

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos on the podcast though, I've only listened to a few minutes so far but it seems very well done.

Also kudos on the game, that wasn't good.

However I'm upset that you guys refused to shake my hand after the game...

 

Uh oh the caller was cutting out there, -1 point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excellent point by @y2lamanaki about denver running our system, making sanders a good fit for a mid-season acquisition

I would rather trade for Corey Davis though, it would be essentially dallas getting amari cooper last year. Davis would killll it here. I dont think they are really looking to trade Davis though. I dont see why they would. They are obviously going to be on the market for a new QB and I feel like brown + Davis + Delaine + strong run game is what they are going to use to lure a veteran there, or be the support system for whoever they draft. One thing we could possibly trade them, now that i am thinking about it, is solomon thomas. I dont really want to trade thomas right now, but that would make a lot of sense for us. Peel off some of that DL depth and get a WR out of it. Its a wash as far as contracts go, considering they were in the same draft class. 

 

I think Richie James was not used to playing under the lights at Levis. I dont think people are giving the browns punter enough credit for his struggles either. Those punts were boomed. He was not expecting such large punts and was not standing in the right place to field them. Then to compound that, he had troubles tracking the ball in the air. The wind swirls at Levi's. It was a night game, we never have night practices and he probably didnt get a lot of work in at the stadium under the lights. The team doesnt ever practice on the field, they are always at the practice field next door. He will be fine. 

Same goes for Gould. Ive heard him talk about how tricky the wind is at Levis because of the two openings on the south west and north west sides of the stadium. The first FG looked like it got pushed a little by the wind. Then it was a bad snap and a block. sh*t happens

(not that it matters but I must have missed the part I was mentioned. the tag in this thread was certainly enough to lure me into listening this week, damn you y2!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, N4L said:

excellent point by @y2lamanaki about denver running our system, making sanders a good fit for a mid-season acquisition

 

Absolutely. Our good relationship with Denver also makes that a feasible trade, and one I'd be happy to throw a mid round pick at. I know that @NinerNation21 felt like he is the same as what we have, but the one thing that sprung to my mind about the difference between Sanders and the guys that we have is that Sanders is good, and I can trust him. I Think that goes a long way. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I would rather trade for Corey Davis though, it would be essentially dallas getting amari cooper last year. Davis would killll it here. I dont think they are really looking to trade Davis though. I dont see why they would. They are obviously going to be on the market for a new QB and I feel like brown + Davis + Delaine + strong run game is what they are going to use to lure a veteran there, or be the support system for whoever they draft. One thing we could possibly trade them, now that i am thinking about it, is solomon thomas. I dont really want to trade thomas right now, but that would make a lot of sense for us. Peel off some of that DL depth and get a WR out of it. Its a wash as far as contracts go, considering they were in the same draft class. 

If this is a legit opportunity (I have no idea if the Titans are actually entertaining such an option), I'd love to get Davis. I have no problem shelling out Pettis + for him. I still think that he as 2a - 1b type upside at the receiver position. He needs out of TN. I don't know if they need to Thomas with Jeffrey Simmons coming back though. He's definitely the highest reward out of those guys. Diggs would cost the most but he's under contract long term at a reasonable cost (basically 11.5 - 12 million) with a production table that is pretty well known at this point, so that does make him appealing, particularly when you consider what the likes of Brandin Cooks and Watkins make (Cooks makes about 17 million with his options). Diggs is very affordable, highly talented, etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Uh oh the caller was cutting out there, -1 point.

You have struck a nerve with this one. For some reason, whenever two people attempt to talk at the same time via Skype recording, it cuts out for no reason. I get so damn frustrated. We are definitely looking at other solutions, but sadly we are stuck with this for now. I'm a perfectionist - so little things like these blips really bug me. As do the ambient noises we often have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

You have struck a nerve with this one. For some reason, whenever two people attempt to talk at the same time via Skype recording, it cuts out for no reason. I get so damn frustrated. We are definitely looking at other solutions, but sadly we are stuck with this for now. I'm a perfectionist - so little things like these blips really bug me. As do the ambient noises we often have. 

Even nationwide radio shows have callers cut out from time to time so I don't think it is really that big of a deal and I'll give you your point back. I get wanting to correct it and especially so if you are a perfectionist but content is most important and from what I heard I was impressed. Glitches will always find their way there in one form or another. Or they won't, I don't know, I don't do podcasts or anything like that so maybe you are right and this should bother you. I really wanted to plant my flag in your forum and you took that away from me so suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Even nationwide radio shows have callers cut out from time to time so I don't think it is really that big of a deal and I'll give you your point back. I get wanting to correct it and especially so if you are a perfectionist but content is most important and from what I heard I was impressed. Glitches will always find their way there in one form or another. Or they won't, I don't know, I don't do podcasts or anything like that so maybe you are right and this should bother you. I really wanted to plant my flag in your forum and you took that away from me so suffer.

Well, either way- I really appreciate the listen and kind words. That was awesome of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job. I was actually going to ask if anyone in here wanted to start a 49ers podcast with me....lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

Great job. I was actually going to ask if anyone in here wanted to start a 49ers podcast with me....lol. 

You are always welcome to join us! There is a sign up sheet somewhere....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×