49ers Future Podcast Episode 24 - Now Available (3/24/20 - Free Agency Recap) - Check First Post

y2lamanaki

I think it's pretty crazy how life comes full circle sometimes. I am thinking back right now to the preseason and how I went on the pod with y2 as a forge fill in (coincidentally was the week before we played the chiefs) and how I kept talking about how different this defense felt. It was really noticable during the preseason (even without bosa!) that we had something special brewing. You could feel the energy that these guys were playing with. It wasn't just the starters either, felt like from the top to the bottom of the depth chart and in the front and in the back of the defense - we had players. You could just sense that things were coming together in a way we haven't felt in a while. What these guys have accomplished on defense has been nothing short of remarkable from literally week 1 of preseason until now 

It's been one helluva ride! 

49ers record since y2 and forge started a pod: 18-4 (includes preseason)

• Like 3

Have you ever wondered what one of these episodes would sound like if Forge and Y2 decided on an impromptu recording with no time to edit for quality after recording? Well you're in luck. We've got 30 minutes out there for you to kill 30 minutes of the next 5 hour-wait. Enjoy!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Have you ever wondered what one of these episodes would sound like if Forge and Y2 decided on an impromptu recording with no time to edit for quality after recording? Well you're in luck. We've got 30 minutes out there for you to kill 30 minutes of the next 5 hour-wait. Enjoy!

I'll load it into my phone and listen to it on my drive to my brother's place. It's usually a 15 minutes drive, but I'll go slow. For you and Chief Wiggum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I'll load it into my phone and listen to it on my drive to my brother's place. It's usually a 15 minutes drive, but I'll go slow. For you and Chief Wiggum.

Unfortunately, I struggled with the sound quality too much, ended up listening to music and taking the short route instead... 

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of new on this front: 

We apologize for the absence of the new pods since the playoffs. Obviously real life reared it's ugly head against us and has caused us to take a break. But we are hoping to be back within the week with a new pod to drop some point next week prepping for the free agency window. 

• Like 3

On 2020-03-12 at 1:46 PM, Forge said:

Just a bit of new on this front: 

We apologize for the absence of the new pods since the playoffs. Obviously real life reared it's ugly head against us and has caused us to take a break. But we are hoping to be back within the week with a new pod to drop some point next week prepping for the free agency window. 

In these times?! You'll catch a virus or somethin'. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Another week and another episode - check out our free agency review on this week's episode!

Did you guys drop this podcast just before the week's big news again? Last week, you missed the Buckner trade, and this week you're missing the huge Benjamin signing?!

23 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Did you guys drop this podcast just before the week's big news again? Last week, you missed the Buckner trade, and this week you're missing the huge Benjamin signing?!

Took you long enough to catch on. We miss everything that has ever happened and only talk about it all after the fact. 20/20 hindsight baby.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I was able to cram in a, "I have no interest in Travis Benjamin" comment during the podcast! 

• Like 2