New Mexico State @ #23 Washington State 10:00 PM PAC12N

Fresno State @ USC 10:30 PM ESPN

Sunday 

Houston @ #4 Oklahoma 7:30 PM ABC 

Monday

#9 Notre Dame @ Louisville 8:00 PM ESPN 

All Times Eastern Standard Time 

Couple notes for this: 

Whenever I've made GDT's like this at other sites, I always list out the top 25 teams and their matchups, as well as other matchups where I know we have fans of the teams that are playing.  Example- I root for Navy, so I put them in the thread.  If your team is not listed here, please tag me in a reply and I'll be sure to add them for each GDT moving forward.  

I was hoping to have separate threads for Sunday Night and Monday Night.  I'm also up for taking ideas on how we should determine the GOTW's this year.  Please post your ideas here.  My thought this week is to feature the only matchup between two ranked teams, but I'm not opposed to making other decisions.  

Last year, between the Notre Dame/Michigan thread, the Washington/Auburn GOTW thread, Sunday night game and the Week 1 GDT, we had 903 posts.  I am hopeful that we can eclipse that total to kick us off this year.  Make sure you tag members here on game day to bring them into the discussion! 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Utah vs. BYU and Oklahoma vs. Houston are my two "Not both Top 25" games where I could see a very good game with potential upset potential, albeit I like OU to handle Houston down the stretch in the 2nd half.

Don't see Houston having the horses to beat Oklahoma.  Maybe if they were playing in Houston, but with this being a home game for Oklahoma I don't see them losing.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't see Houston having the horses to beat Oklahoma.  Maybe if they were playing in Houston, but with this being a home game for Oklahoma I don't see them losing.

Yeah, like I said, I like OU to handle them down the stretch, but I think they keep it close in the 1st half.

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

it boils down to which team makes the most stops imo.  UH will definitely score on OU's defense and vise verse.  UH will be the best offense OU will face this season.

12 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

45-25 OU

if it's close at the beginning and OU runs away i would consider that a moral victory. I still think it will end up being a closer game than expected. I'm just not a fan of Hurts and he doesn't have Bama's defense to help him.

Edited by Texansfan713

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

if it's close at the beginning and OU runs away i would consider that a moral victory. I still think it will end up being a closer game than expected. I'm just not a fan of Hurts and he doesn't have Bama's defense to help him.

I agree but I'm not sold on the Houston defense

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I agree but I'm not sold on the Houston defense

it will be improved.  i expect ou's to as well.  only concern i have about Houston's defense is the CB position.  if hurts has time to throw then it will be a long night for them. i have no worries we will be able to generate a pass rush.