Google Doc Publishing

ny92mike

So my knowledge on this is very limited so forgive my use of terminology.  I do a tremendous amount of work using google docs / sheets primarily with my mock draft here in this forum.  Typically I just post the link but I recently stumbled across the publishing features and was seeing if for one, it's possible to publish sheets into a post.  If so, if someone has knowledge on this topic if you'd be willing to help me out to better understand how it works.  I've seen this in other forums but just don't know much about it but if it's something that this forum can handle then I'd like to learn more about it.

I'll give you an example using the bdl dynasty league workbook.  One of the sheets I've created a chart, when I click on "Publish chart" I'm given a few options.  The first option is Link or Embed, again I'm a noob with this stuff but I'm guessing embed is not what I want.  Selecting "Link" I'm given the option to either select the entire workbook or specific sheets.  My last option is "Interactive" which is what I'm hoping for, but in trying to insert in the post using the "Insert other media" it doesn't work.  I can get it to post the image, which is the other option.  Unfortunately, it's just an image, that is limited to size as it's only showing a portion of the chart. 

pubchart?oid=1268018492&format=image

Backing up back to the Embed option I'm given this embed code, however I think this is more for posting inside a webpage.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQId5IAYzyVRPGoAjqL0BwKgCcx9yHYTrWiwesNzW6rNCdX-ya_tUtz5t3xf6xFy4iyM06XSB-eiE__/pubchart?oid=1268018492&amp;format=interactive"></iframe>

Anyway, any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, ny92mike said:

So my knowledge on this is very limited so forgive my use of terminology.  I do a tremendous amount of work using google docs / sheets primarily with my mock draft here in this forum.  Typically I just post the link but I recently stumbled across the publishing features and was seeing if for one, it's possible to publish sheets into a post.  If so, if someone has knowledge on this topic if you'd be willing to help me out to better understand how it works.  I've seen this in other forums but just don't know much about it but if it's something that this forum can handle then I'd like to learn more about it.

I'll give you an example using the bdl dynasty league workbook.  One of the sheets I've created a chart, when I click on "Publish chart" I'm given a few options.  The first option is Link or Embed, again I'm a noob with this stuff but I'm guessing embed is not what I want.  Selecting "Link" I'm given the option to either select the entire workbook or specific sheets.  My last option is "Interactive" which is what I'm hoping for, but in trying to insert in the post using the "Insert other media" it doesn't work.  I can get it to post the image, which is the other option.  Unfortunately, it's just an image, that is limited to size as it's only showing a portion of the chart. 

pubchart?oid=1268018492&format=image

Backing up back to the Embed option I'm given this embed code, however I think this is more for posting inside a webpage.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQId5IAYzyVRPGoAjqL0BwKgCcx9yHYTrWiwesNzW6rNCdX-ya_tUtz5t3xf6xFy4iyM06XSB-eiE__/pubchart?oid=1268018492&amp;format=interactive"></iframe>

Anyway, any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are you just trying to post a snapshot picture of the google doc?  Just highlight the section of the google doc you want to display, hit Control C, then come back to the forum and Control V into the quote box.  

This is a google sheet I use in the video game thread:

Opening Day Roster - Year 10
Position Name OVR Potential Age Years Remaining Badges Current Annual Salary (mil)
PG Douglas Welch 80 B 31 2 8 $5.37
SG/SF Randy Richmond 83 A- 28 5 6 $17.25
SF/PF Pavao Popovic 88 A- 24 2 8 $1.02
PF/C Stanley Moncrief 93 A+ 26 3 12 $27.84
C Darnell O'Keady 84 B+ 30 4 5 $21.85

PG/SG Bradford Peters 80 A 24 2 5 $10.09
PG Brook Mills 71 B 23 4 2 $2.73
SG/SF Ivan Bosnjak 83 A- 23 1 4 $5.98
SG Ron Hobbs 78 B 26 2 6 $4.88
SG/SF Peter Woodson 73 A- 22 4 4 $2.52
SF/PF Yuta Watanabe 79 B 33 2 2 $2.93
SF/PF Lonnie Lawrence 69 B 24 2 1 $1.13