Better prospect: Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence

Elky

Who was the better prospect?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Luck or Lawrence

• Andrew Luck
    • Trevor Lawrence

Lawrence is insane.  It's kind of hard to say because of recency bias and Luck was a phenomenal prospect, but it feels like the hype behind Lawrence is already on par with Luck's.  If he somehow manages to have an even crazier year than last, I can't even imagine what the hype would be heading into his junior season.

• Like 1

Best quarterback prospects since I started paying attention over eleven years ago:

1. DeShaun Watson

2. Tua Tagovailoa

3. Matt Ryan

4. Andrew Luck

5. Carson Wentz

6. Jalen Hurts

7. Mason Rudolph

8. Jake Fromm

9. Joe Flacco

10. Patrick Mahomes

Edited by DoleINGout
Updated

20 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Lawrence is insane.  It's kind of hard to say because of recency bias and Luck was a phenomenal prospect, but it feels like the hype behind Lawrence is already on par with Luck's.  If he somehow manages to have an even crazier year than last, I can't even imagine what the hype would be heading into his junior season.

There are two things that concern me with Lawrence right now.

1. For some odd reason, his short accuracy is rather erratic (But his mid and long range accuracy are phenomenal)
2. His release seems slow or just somehow wonky/awkward.

But Lawrence's ability to read a field, his poise, and his accuracy beyond 5 yards are better than some current starters in the NFL, as a College Freshman.

Edited by Danger

How in the world is this even a question and how in the world is Andrew Luck winning this poll?  Did Andrew Luck beat a dominating Alabama team in the National Championship game his freshman year?  No.

He was not nearly as successful on the field in terms of production or play like Trevor Lawrence was.  This honestly is no question, it is Lawrence all day.  Sure Luck at that time was arguably the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, well no that is no longer the case and Trevor Lawrence is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning and is arguably the best freshman QB ever in college football.  Mike Vick and Johnny Manziel were both RS FR players when they had those great seasons, Lawrence was obviously not as was a true freshman.

Maybe Lawrence will totally bust this year but I highly doubt that, and he has not only this year but next year to work on his game as well.  Only reason he is not a great player in the NFL is if for some reason the crazy amount of pressure gets to him and he chokes, outside of that the kid the ball and has a cannon arm and is physically put together for a QB, tall and athletic.

13 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Best quarterback prospects since I started paying attention over eleven years ago:

1. DeShaun Watson

2. Tua Tagovailoa

3. Matt Ryan

4. Andrew Luck

5. Carson Wentz

6. Baker Mayfield

7. Cam Newton

8. Jake Fromm

9. Joe Flacco

10. Patrick Mahomes

Sure it is only one season but considering that was arguably the best FR season for a QB ever in college football history, yeah I would have Trevor Lawrence is all ready on a list like this for me and I started paying attention 21 years ago.  What is there to not like about him?  And how Jake Fromm is on this list I have no clue, Lawrence's throwing arm blows Fromm's completely out of the water it is not even close.