49ers cut Malcolm Smith

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, Forge said:

And that first season of Richburg wasn't super promising LOL. Have higher hopes for him this year if he can be healthy....which...uh....hasn't been off to the greatest of starts, admittedly. 

At least Richburg actually played. Like Jet and Cooper played or have played 0 games and Smith played 12 games in two seasons. 

Jet/Cooper/Smith = Combined games played 12, combined starts 5...Salary? Like over 20M lol. 

6 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

So Kwon is our oldest LB now? I'm excited to see these guys play. I remember many did not expect much of our 5th round pick...I like Greenlaw a lot. Him, Wish and K. Smith were guys I was pleased the 9ers drafted on the last day.

I wanted Mack Wilson pretty bad, especially when he started dropping. So far reports on Greenlaw have been positive and obviously I hope he turns into a good player for us, but I think the ceiling with Wilson is much higher.

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I wanted Mack Wilson pretty bad, especially when he started dropping. So far reports on Greenlaw have been positive and obviously I hope he turns into a good player for us, but I think the ceiling with Wilson is much higher.

I have to wonder if the problem with Wilson was that we didn't love the fit. I'm not sure how much zone we are going to run this year (obviously the defense is a lot different than Saleh's initial concept), but we are so bad and undisciplined in our zones - particularly the linebackers, and I think Wilson would have made that particular aspect even worse.