Trade Help

Motion

Guy offered me Saquon and Landry for Tyreek Hill, Calvin Ridley and David Montgomery

Is this a no brainer to take Saquon? It is PPR and while it would lock down my RBs completely (Bell) we start 3 WR and have 2 flex so it kills my depth a bit when depth is used. My top WR would then be Cooper, Landry, Cutris Samuel, Marvin Jones Jr and my last flex spot could be dicey, have a few rookie WR that could be fine flex or be waiver fodder

So after my draft I looked at my team and while I liked it, I kinda hated the fact that I didn't grab an RB in round 1. Mixon, Conner, Chubb were all on the board and I went Michael Thomas. I have the biggest man crush on David Montgomery, I think he's going to go off this year if he stays healthy. Would I be dumb for offering Michael Thomas for David Montgomery straight up?

It's a standard league. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So after my draft I looked at my team and while I liked it, I kinda hated the fact that I didn't grab an RB in round 1. Mixon, Conner, Chubb were all on the board and I went Michael Thomas. I have the biggest man crush on David Montgomery, I think he's going to go off this year if he stays healthy. Would I be dumb for offering Michael Thomas for David Montgomery straight up?

It's a standard league. 

Absolutely dumb and unnecessary(i say respectfully lol) You should be able to get more. I love Monty too but why didnt you take him round 3 or 4?

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Absolutely dumb and unnecessary(i say respectfully lol) You should be able to get more. I love Monty too but why didnt you take him round 3 or 4?

Was totally planning on taking him at the 3/4 turn (I had the 11th pick) but he didn't even make it to me in the 3rd round. I think he was picked at 3.9

22 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Dude Kelce went 5, Brady and Brees went 23&24 and Rex Burkhead went round 6...hilariously enough thats 3 different people

This is a standard league too

Holy crap, I had some crazy picks in my draft too, but I don't think any of them were THAT insane. I play in a Standard league as well, and the two craziest picks were Mahomes at #6 overall and the Bears defense in the 5th round. Brady went in the 12th round in ours lol

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Holy crap, I had some crazy picks in my draft too, but I don't think any of them were THAT insane. I play in a Standard league as well, and the two craziest picks were Mahomes at #6 overall and the Bears defense in the 5th round. Brady went in the 12th round in ours lol

So other than those 2:

Round 1: Mahomes(!2)

Round 2: Kerryon(13), Brady(23, Brees(24)

Keenan Allen, Thielen and Edelman went before Mike Evans

James White went 2 rounds later than Tarik Cohen

Round 5: Corey David

Round 6: Adrian Peterson

Round 7: Tyrell Williams, Jordan Howard

Round 8: Randall Cobb & Rex Burkhead

Round 9: Dion Lewis, Darwin Thompson, Noah Fant, Carlos Hyde

2 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Thinking about offering this trade...

Will Fuller and James White for Aaron Jones. (I'd be getting Jones). 

Does that even get looked at you think?

Depends on his and your roster construction. I think it's a worthwhile trade offer but acceptance is always tricky to calculate. I'm fairly bullish on Aaron Jones this year, so obviously I would like your end. If he's weak at wide receiver, this is obviously more appealing for him. Also, if Jones is his Rb2 it's more appealing (I think mentally its a bigger hurdle if Jones is his RB1 for him to say yes to). 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends on his and your roster construction. I think it's a worthwhile trade offer but acceptance is always tricky to calculate. I'm fairly bullish on Aaron Jones this year, so obviously I would like your end. If he's weak at wide receiver, this is obviously more appealing for him. Also, if Jones is his Rb2 it's more appealing (I think mentally its a bigger hurdle if Jones is his RB1 for him to say yes to). 

His RB/WR:
CMC
Aaron Jones
Josh Jacobs
Gio Bernard (bench)
Adrian Peterson (bench)
Royce Freeman (bench)
Jay Ajayi (bench)

Josh Gordon
Emmanuel Sanders 
Marvin Jones (Bench)

My RB/WR:
Dalvin Cook
James White
Matt Breida (bench)
Dion Lewis (bench)

Michael Thomas
Keenan Allen
Brandin Cooks
Will Fuller (bench)
James Washington (bench)
Marquez Valdes-Scantling (bench)

Thing is with this guy though is he's one of those guys who think they know it all and is very hard to trade with. 

2 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

His RB/WR:
CMC
Aaron Jones
Josh Jacobs
Gio Bernard (bench)
Adrian Peterson (bench)
Royce Freeman (bench)
Jay Ajayi (bench)

Josh Gordon
Emmanuel Sanders 
Marvin Jones (Bench)

My RB/WR:
Dalvin Cook
James White
Matt Breida (bench)
Dion Lewis (bench)

Michael Thomas
Keenan Allen
Brandin Cooks
Will Fuller (bench)
James Washington (bench)
Marquez Valdes-Scantling (bench)

Thing is with this guy though is he's one of those guys who think they know it all and is very hard to trade with. 

Honestly, the trade I like there would probably revolve around Brandin Cooks for Aaron Jones. He's probably not going to take that deal straight up (though you never know), but you may be able to throw in an inconsequential piece (Breida has upside but more risk than Lewis, Lewis is likely to have the more consistent output season long if those were guys that interest him) to make that deal happen and I think that actually makes a good amount of sense for both teams