Trade Help

Motion

I sent This trade out...

I send: Keenan Allen, Matt Breida 

I receive: Chris Carson 

it’s standard scoring and I’d still have Thomas-Cooks-Fuller-MVS-Washington as my WR group and my RB group would be Dalvin-Carson-White-Dion 

No idea if the guy does it, but I’ve made trades with him before. He seems to be open to anything and he’s pretty strong at RB and kinda weak at WR. His top 2 are Kupp and Alshon. 

What you think, did I offer To much or is that a decent trade for both squads? 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I sent This trade out...

I send: Keenan Allen, Matt Breida 

I receive: Chris Carson 

it’s standard scoring and I’d still have Thomas-Cooks-Fuller-MVS-Washington as my WR group and my RB group would be Dalvin-Carson-White-Dion 

No idea if the guy does it, but I’ve made trades with him before. He seems to be open to anything and he’s pretty strong at RB and kinda weak at WR. His top 2 are Kupp and Alshon. 

What you think, did I offer To much or is that a decent trade for both squads? 

Fair deal. In a standard league, Carson has more value than Allen if we assume they will continue what they have shown. Carson is more likely to score touchdowns, and probably has a slight edge in total yardage.  I'd prefer sending Dion Lewis as the other piece as I view Breida as having a lot more upside (he'll be less consistent, but with back end depth, I prefer upside over consistency since the only way either likely plays is if the upside guy actually capitalizes on his upside), but overall the deal is fair. 

• Like 1

12 man PPR league made a trade earlier today

I sent Derrick Henry

I received Tony Pollard & Kenyan Drake

My team as is

QB Jackson, Wilson (trying to trade Wilson)

RB Chubb, Drake, Pollard, Gore, Jones

WR Evans, Woods, M. Williams, Kirk, A. Miller,

TEs OJ Howard, Eric Ebron

Could not make the draft so the team was auto drafted So I think thats why Im stuck with 3 Bucs But overall I was happy with It. Gotta get lucky on the WW.

How do we feel about Dalvin Cook? 

I want to improve my Rb2 situation (currently Michel / Ekeler). It's a PPR league, so I don't love Michel's value, would prefer him as a flex. One of the guys I like doing business with drafted Dalvin Cook in round 2, but he's got a decent rb stable and is a little short at wide receiver. I know that he liked a couple of the players I got, including Austin Ekeler. My biggest fear with Cook obviously is his health, and I'm a little hesitant to go that route. I simply like working with this guy (he's one of the few willing to counter and actually talk about a deal back and forth to work something out). 

His team: 

Watson / Winston / Allen (2 QB league)

Bell / Cook / Freeman / Coleman

Diggs / Godwin / AJ Green / Coutee

I think that I may be able to work something out potentially involving my TY Hilton or something? My team: 

Big Ben / Lamar / Jimmy G

Saquon / Michel / Miles Sanders / Ekeler / Samuels

Evans / AB / TY Hilton / MVS / Pettis / Allison. 

I suppose Freeman for TY straight up would make sense, but I Don't love that. Just not a huge freeman fan, and even though I'm not bullish on TY either, I don't think that's a deal I want to make. I'd rather target Dalvin I think, but do we really buy him as a full on PPR RB 2? How big are the injury concerns? What do you guy feel is the target offer here? 

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

Nope. But i did pick up Justin Jackson off waivers.

Honestly, really really tough, because I get it from both angles, and it does seem like Gordon has dug in his heels.

Do you mind posting your roster? And what other receivers he has?

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

.5 PPR

Unfortunately, I can't really give you "advice" on this one. I honestly understand it from either side and I would talk to several people about this for sure. You're giving up a ton of value if Gordon comes back, and your trade partner is carrying a ton of risk. Last year, I was in much the same boat as a James Connor owner, constantly living in fear of Bell returning. During the bye week, when allt he reports were that Bell may return, I ended up selling low on him (relatively speaking) and traded him for Diggs straight up. I took a haircut on the value, he took on the risk. I get it from either perspective. 

Your roster makes this more difficult because you're built to reasonably withstand his absence until he gets back (if he comes back), though I'm not a huge Bell fan this year. You even have a little bit of depth with Miles Sanders on your bench. 

On the flip side, Connor outscored Diggs by 5 ppg last year in a .5 ppr league. That is huge. I mean, seriously, huge.  In the immediate time period, your depth doesn't take a hit since Gordon isn't playing. Your team is clearly better with Connor > Diggs in your current construction. Your team is inferior if Gordon comes back (though injuries still play a role here, potentially with Gordon missing all that time in the pre season). 

If you want the truth? I'd tend to side on just making the deal and being rid of the headache. But that's me. I hated having Connor last year and constantly worrying. So for me, it's worth the piece of mind LOL. But there's a lot of risk for both of you guys either way. I have a hard time envisioning him sitting out the entire season, but I thought the same last season about Bell, so who knows. 

Discussing a possible trade with the Cook owner, but I think he's going to want more than I'm willing to give. 

I'm basically offering TY Hilton + Running back (I have a couple of different options - Michel, Ekeler, Sanders) that we could talk about. But I think he'd want more. 

So I'm debating on another option which is Freeman. He's an even bigger possible health risk, so that's scary as all get out, but may be more workable in a trade. Would you guys do something like: 

Freeman + Godwin for Hilton + Ekeler / Sanders / Michel? (I may try and get him to go Sanders and then offer to flip bench quarterbacks with him)

Full PPR league. The problem with Godwin is that I already have Evans as a wide receiver. He also has Diggs, but I'm not sure what the cost would be to move up from Godwin to Diggs

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Unfortunately, I can't really give you "advice" on this one. I honestly understand it from either side and I would talk to several people about this for sure. You're giving up a ton of value if Gordon comes back, and your trade partner is carrying a ton of risk. Last year, I was in much the same boat as a James Connor owner, constantly living in fear of Bell returning. During the bye week, when allt he reports were that Bell may return, I ended up selling low on him (relatively speaking) and traded him for Diggs straight up. I took a haircut on the value, he took on the risk. I get it from either perspective. 

Your roster makes this more difficult because you're built to reasonably withstand his absence until he gets back (if he comes back), though I'm not a huge Bell fan this year. You even have a little bit of depth with Miles Sanders on your bench. 

On the flip side, Connor outscored Diggs by 5 ppg last year in a .5 ppr league. That is huge. I mean, seriously, huge.  In the immediate time period, your depth doesn't take a hit since Gordon isn't playing. Your team is clearly better with Connor > Diggs in your current construction. Your team is inferior if Gordon comes back (though injuries still play a role here, potentially with Gordon missing all that time in the pre season). 

If you want the truth? I'd tend to side on just making the deal and being rid of the headache. But that's me. I hated having Connor last year and constantly worrying. So for me, it's worth the piece of mind LOL. But there's a lot of risk for both of you guys either way. I have a hard time envisioning him sitting out the entire season, but I thought the same last season about Bell, so who knows. 

Yeah i hear you, thanks for your opinion. Ive been debating it all evening. I kind of think either way makes sense as well. I think even if Gordon comes back next week he will still need a few games to get into game shape & back to normal Melvin. Plus some of me thinks the Chargers could still decide to keep Ekeler/Jackson involved even if Gordon comes back. Then there's the injury concern, as you mentioned. Its just a mess with him right now. I think i saw somewhere that he needs to be back by week 10 for his contract not to toll. But thats too late for me, by then i could be on the outside looking in to the playoff picture. 

I think if i get Conner, i still have two good WR's to start in OBJ & Lockett and some solid options for my flex (Ridley, Duke, Samuel, Allison, Sanders, Jackson).

Ive talked to a few people and almost everyone agreed that i should take the trade. So i think im going to make the trade. Even though, i feel i might regret it.