Trade Help

Motion

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Discussing a possible trade with the Cook owner, but I think he's going to want more than I'm willing to give. 

I'm basically offering TY Hilton + Running back (I have a couple of different options - Michel, Ekeler, Sanders) that we could talk about. But I think he'd want more. 

So I'm debating on another option which is Freeman. He's an even bigger possible health risk, so that's scary as all get out, but may be more workable in a trade. Would you guys do something like: 

Freeman + Godwin for Hilton + Ekeler / Sanders / Michel? (I may try and get him to go Sanders and then offer to flip bench quarterbacks with him)

Full PPR league. The problem with Godwin is that I already have Evans as a wide receiver. He also has Diggs, but I'm not sure what the cost would be to move up from Godwin to Diggs

Let me get this straight. Your trying to acquire Cook with a combo of Freeman & another player? 

Im very high on Cook this year. I think as long as he stays healthy (big IF) he's  a high end RB1. His receiving ability also makes it more appealing in a full PPR league.

29 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Let me get this straight. Your trying to acquire Cook with a combo of Freeman & another player? 

Im very high on Cook this year. I think as long as he stays healthy (big IF) he's  a high end RB1. His receiving ability also makes it more appealing in a full PPR league.

He has both Cook and Freeman. I'd like to upgrade my Rb2 situation. Cook would be my preference, but his injuries scare me and because he does have Rb1 potential, I think the guy is going to want more than I am willing to give. But he has Freeman on his bench. Both guys suffer from the injury bug, and while Cook has the higher upside, Freeman is going to come at a more palatable cost to me to absorb that injury risk, I feel. 

So basically, I was offering him Hilton + one of my running backs for Cook, or Hilton + running back for Freeman + one of his wide receivers (either Godwin or Diggs, depending on which running back of mine he wants). I may also flip him quarterbacks to even it out a little further, but that's largely inconsequential. 

The running backs he has to choose from are Ekeler, Michel and Miles Sanders. He and I get along well in trades and negotiate pretty well, so I think we'll end up working something out if he's willing to move either, I'm just trying to figure out what my own price point should be. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

He has both Cook and Freeman. I'd like to upgrade my Rb2 situation. Cook would be my preference, but his injuries scare me and because he does have Rb1 potential, I think the guy is going to want more than I am willing to give. But he has Freeman on his bench. Both guys suffer from the injury bug, and while Cook has the higher upside, Freeman is going to come at a more palatable cost to me to absorb that injury risk, I feel. 

So basically, I was offering him Hilton + one of my running backs for Cook, or Hilton + running back for Freeman + one of his wide receivers (either Godwin or Diggs, depending on which running back of mine he wants). I may also flip him quarterbacks to even it out a little further, but that's largely inconsequential. 

The running backs he has to choose from are Ekeler, Michel and Miles Sanders. He and I get along well in trades and negotiate pretty well, so I think we'll end up working something out if he's willing to move either, I'm just trying to figure out what my own price point should be. 

After the whole thing with Luck retiring, i have really soured on Hilton. Even though he does still has some value, i think he's more of a low end WR2 right now. So depending on who your other WRs are, i wouldnt be too hesitant to include him in a deal. If it was me, id hold on to Miles Sanders. At least until we see what his workload is going to be. Because he has the most potential of those 3 guys. Michel i think will have a nice year, but his knee issues have always bothered me, i worry they will flare up again. 

I think if i were you id offer a combo of Ekeler & Hilton for Cook & Godwin. Although i dont think most people would accept that. But if you add a sweetner, maybe he would bite. I like Ekeler, but id sell high on him right now because his value probably isnt going to get much higher unless the Chargers trade Melvin. If Gordon comes back OR if Jackson starts eating into Ekeler's work, then his value drops. If you  have to, id be willing to give up any of the 3 you mentioned IF i could get Dalvin. Because of Dalvin's obvious upside, The other thing with getting Dalvin is Mattison is available on most waiver wires so you could easily pick him up as insurance. If you can get Dalvin & a WR for Hilton and any of Sanders/Michel/Ekeler id do it in a heartbeat. If you can get a WR like Godwin from him then that would  make the trade even more appealing. I doubt you could lure Cook AND Diggs from him with just Hilton & a RB.  

As far as Freeman, id probably be willing to offer a similar package. Im just not as high on Freeman. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

After the whole thing with Luck retiring, i have really soured on Hilton. Even though he does still has some value, i think he's more of a low end WR2 right now. So depending on who your other WRs are, i wouldnt be too hesitant to include him in a deal. If it was me, id hold on to Miles Sanders. At least until we see what his workload is going to be. Because he has the most potential of those 3 guys. Michel i think will have a nice year, but his knee issues have always bothered me, i worry they will flare up again. 

I think if i were you id offer a combo of Ekeler & Hilton for Cook & Godwin. Although i dont think most people would accept that. But if you add a sweetner, maybe he would bite. I like Ekeler, but id sell high on him right now because his value probably isnt going to get much higher unless the Chargers trade Melvin. If Gordon comes back OR if Jackson starts eating into Ekeler's work, then his value drops. If you  have to, id be willing to give up any of the 3 you mentioned IF i could get Dalvin. Because of Dalvin's obvious upside, The other thing with getting Dalvin is Mattison is available on most waiver wires so you could easily pick him up as insurance. If you can get Dalvin & a WR for Hilton and any of Sanders/Michel/Ekeler id do it in a heartbeat. If you can get a WR like Godwin from him then that would  make the trade even more appealing. I doubt you could lure Cook AND Diggs from him with just Hilton & a RB.  

As far as Freeman, id probably be willing to offer a similar package. Im just not as high on Freeman. 

Yeah, I've soured on Hilton as well, only league I have him in. Was between he and Kupp at the time. But he's still got potential, so I'd like to get off him before that goes south. I'm also in the same boat thinking sell high on ekeler. 

I don't mind Michel's knees do much, but it's a ppr league and he had no value inn the pass game, which really bugs me. He's a solid flex back door bye weeks. 

I think for Cook, I couldn't get the wr back, and it'd be a 2-1 deal, but I'm largely okay with that. If I go for Freeman, I think that's when I can ask for a receiver back. The appeal of getting Godwin back in a deal with Freeman is tempting, even if I already have Evans lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I've soured on Hilton as well, only league I have him in. Was between he and Kupp at the time. But he's still got potential, so I'd like to get off him before that goes south. I'm also in the same boat thinking sell high on ekeler. 

I don't mind Michel's knees do much, but it's a ppr league and he had no value inn the pass game, which really bugs me. He's a solid flex back door bye weeks. 

I think for Cook, I couldn't get the wr back, and it'd be a 2-1 deal, but I'm largely okay with that. If I go for Freeman, I think that's when I can ask for a receiver back. The appeal of getting Godwin back in a deal with Freeman is tempting, even if I already have Evans lol

Who are your WRs?

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

Who are your WRs?

I have a ton lol. Hilton doesn't mean a ton to me

Evans, AB, TY, MVS, Geronimo Allison, Dante Pettis. 

RBs- Saquon, Michel, ekeler, Sanders, Jaylen Samuels. 

So rb is fairly weak, particularly in a ppr unless I'm trusting ekeler or Sanders

Just now, Forge said:

I have a ton lol. Hilton doesn't mean a ton to me

Evans, AB, TY, MVS, Geronimo Allison, Dante Pettis. 

RBs- Saquon, Michel, ekeler, Sanders, Jaylen Samuels. 

So rb is fairly weak, particularly in a ppr unless I'm trusting ekeler or Sanders

Oh yeah, id definitely try to sell high on TY right now. I think he will still have some big games, because of his deep threat ability. But id say for sure shop him, especially if you can potentially get Cook or Freeman in return. Id be offering all kinds of combos for Dalvin  and id settle for Freeman. Although they both scare the heck out of me, because of injury history. Actually had both guys in one of my leagues last year, and that obv didnt turn out well lol. So i kind of steered a different way this year, because of that sour taste in my mouth from them BOTH getting hurt last yr.

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Someone wants to 1 to 1 trade (his) nuk hopkins for (my) davante adams. I feel like they are pretty even fantasy wise so I'm not sure what kind of angle he's coming from. Any insight?

Could just be player preference. Hopkins has a longer history of performing at that level, could be a comfort thing. No way do you take the deal straight up, as even as they are. There's no incentive

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Could just be player preference. Hopkins has a longer history of performing at that level, could be a comfort thing. No way do you take the deal straight up, as even as they are. There's no incentive

true. honestly thinking about it i dont even think i'd take him in general. while hopkins is obviously one of the best in the game and is pretty much the same fantasy wise as adams, i feel like any game now watson is going to get injured with the way he plays.

17 hours ago, Forge said:

Fair deal. In a standard league, Carson has more value than Allen if we assume they will continue what they have shown. Carson is more likely to score touchdowns, and probably has a slight edge in total yardage.  I'd prefer sending Dion Lewis as the other piece as I view Breida as having a lot more upside (he'll be less consistent, but with back end depth, I prefer upside over consistency since the only way either likely plays is if the upside guy actually capitalizes on his upside), but overall the deal is fair. 

Yeah I agree with you. Just don't think the dude takes Dion, guess the smart thing would of been to send that trade proposal first. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Discussing a possible trade with the Cook owner, but I think he's going to want more than I'm willing to give. 

I'm basically offering TY Hilton + Running back (I have a couple of different options - Michel, Ekeler, Sanders) that we could talk about. But I think he'd want more. 

So I'm debating on another option which is Freeman. He's an even bigger possible health risk, so that's scary as all get out, but may be more workable in a trade. Would you guys do something like: 

Freeman + Godwin for Hilton + Ekeler / Sanders / Michel? (I may try and get him to go Sanders and then offer to flip bench quarterbacks with him)

Full PPR league. The problem with Godwin is that I already have Evans as a wide receiver. He also has Diggs, but I'm not sure what the cost would be to move up from Godwin to Diggs

I think Godwin's trade value is higher than that right now. Everyone has him deemed as a monster breakout WR. IMO you're the clear winner of that trade. I would honestly try and send Hilton/Sanders for Dalvin. Love me some 2 for 1 trades. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

We had a trade go down on draft day that went like this:

Team A had Keepers of Tyreek Hill and Zeke Elliott
Team B had Keepers of Saquon Barkley and David Johnson.

Team A traded Zeke and a 6th Round Pick to Team B for Team A's First Round Pick (6th Overall).

Team A took Conner at 1 and Mike Evans at 6.

Is this as egregious as I think it is? Everyone was pretty pissed at the time. 

4 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

We had a trade go down on draft day that went like this:

Team A had Keepers of Tyreek Hill and Zeke Elliott
Team B had Keepers of Saquon Barkley and David Johnson.

Team A traded Zeke and a 6th Round Pick to Team B for Team A's First Round Pick (6th Overall).

Team A took Conner at 1 and Mike Evans at 6.

Is this as egregious as I think it is? Everyone was pretty pissed at the time. 

So Barkley for the 6th pick (Evans)?