Trade Help

Motion

33 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

You are insane to trade Kamara for Watson. Watson has Baltimore, NE, and Denver (First round of playoffs) in 3 of the next 4 weeks. Not exactly something I'd want to be trading a really good RB for. You are perfectly fine with Ryan. That team is going to be trailing a ton and Ryan will be forced to throw a lot. You can grab a lot of guys off the wire instead of trading a piece like Kamara. Send Coleman while his value is high. 

The trade is actually Kamara, Cooper and Drake for Watson, Michael Thomas and Mack.  Still a no for you? 

6 hours ago, BillSabre said:

The trade is actually Kamara, Cooper and Drake for Watson, Michael Thomas and Mack.  Still a no for you? 

And you only start one RB? Then yeah I would. I think you upgrade to Thomas who is the WR1 and upgrade from Drake to Mack. So losing Kamara to Watson wouldn’t be the worst with those upgrades.

Was offered Russell Wilson for my David Montgomery. Me being thin at RB is the only reason I didn't immediately hit accept.

my QB: Aaron Rodgers

my RBs: Cook, Montgomery, Sanders, Hunt

think I might be able to flip Rodgers for a lower end RB2 if I had to maybe, but I just don't trust him at all right now

On 11/13/2019 at 11:04 PM, tab said:

Was offered Russell Wilson for my David Montgomery. Me being thin at RB is the only reason I didn't immediately hit accept.

my QB: Aaron Rodgers

my RBs: Cook, Montgomery, Sanders, Hunt

think I might be able to flip Rodgers for a lower end RB2 if I had to maybe, but I just don't trust him at all right now

That is tough. Trading a QB can be harder than it seems. I would message the guy and say yes I want to do it if I can find someone to take Rodgers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In my dynasty league i was offered Mecole Hardman in exchange for my 2nd round pick, which will be the 2nd pick in the 2nd round and Drew Brees. That sounds like a very bad trade for me, even if i could need a young WR, but with the upcoming class i can probably just grab one in the 2nd round who has the same potential, so i don't think that's a trade anywhere near to consider for me. Originally i offered him a 4th round pick + Brees, but he refused. Now he said he's not taking anything less than my 2nd round pick, i could give him a 3rd rounder, but i'm not even sure about that. I don't need Brees btw. as i have Rodgers as a starter and Darnold as a backup for now. He's the one that needs Brees in my mind, as he got into the playoffs and has been playing with Winston lately, who did put up some good numbers, but is inconsistent. Besides him he has Rivers, Trubisky, Kyle Allen and Bridgewater.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:09 AM, Edge said:

In my dynasty league i was offered Mecole Hardman in exchange for my 2nd round pick, which will be the 2nd pick in the 2nd round and Drew Brees. That sounds like a very bad trade for me, even if i could need a young WR, but with the upcoming class i can probably just grab one in the 2nd round who has the same potential, so i don't think that's a trade anywhere near to consider for me. Originally i offered him a 4th round pick + Brees, but he refused. Now he said he's not taking anything less than my 2nd round pick, i could give him a 3rd rounder, but i'm not even sure about that. I don't need Brees btw. as i have Rodgers as a starter and Darnold as a backup for now. He's the one that needs Brees in my mind, as he got into the playoffs and has been playing with Winston lately, who did put up some good numbers, but is inconsistent. Besides him he has Rivers, Trubisky, Kyle Allen and Bridgewater.

I'd do the deal honestly. look back at drafts from the past couple season. Really see what a draft pick is worth. How many 2nd round rookie picks have people made that really have been home runs? I think sometime draft picks can be overvalued. Hardman is in a great situation with a great QB and offensive mind. 

I would probably ask for another pick back, Brees is an expiring asset and Hardman is an ascending one.

I'd do a deal like....Hardman and a 3rd for Brees and a 2nd.

I'm scooting down a round picking up an ascending asset for an asset that you don't really need and is going to retire soon. I might even take a 4th back but, I push for the 3rd.

But at the end of the day, I'd make the deal as is. I wouldn't love it but it is likely the best thing for your team in the long run.

Edited by EaglesPeteC

On 16.12.2019 at 7:30 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

I'd do the deal honestly. look back at drafts from the past couple season. Really see what a draft pick is worth. How many 2nd round rookie picks have people made that really have been home runs? I think sometime draft picks can be overvalued. Hardman is in a great situation with a great QB and offensive mind. 

I would probably ask for another pick back, Brees is an expiring asset and Hardman is an ascending one.

I'd do a deal like....Hardman and a 3rd for Brees and a 2nd.

I'm scooting down a round picking up an ascending asset for an asset that you don't really need and is going to retire soon. I might even take a 4th back but, I push for the 3rd.

But at the end of the day, I'd make the deal as is. I wouldn't love it but it is likely the best thing for your team in the long run.

I did the deal. I thought about it a bit and tried to find something in different forums and in the end i think you're right. It's probably safer to take the known "risk" instead of the unknown risk. I couldn't get much back in return. Just switched his late 3rd round pick (either the last or 2nd last in the 3rd round) for my early 4th rounder (2nd in the 4th round). The only thing i'm a bit worried about is Hardmans production just reception wise. But other than that it looks promising for his 1st year. Watkins is most likely gone next season, so Hardman should take over as #2.

• 3 months later...

How highly do you value draft picks in a dynasty league? The reason I ask is because when I first signed up, I did a little background (12 teams, superflex & 5 rounds (5 taxi)) and saw that more often than not even the first round can be 60/40 in terms of boom or bust. The 8-12th pick in the draft is more often than not including 2nd round picks. 

I had the first pick in the veteran draft and took McCaffrey. I have since mortgaged by future to take Zeke and Hopkins on board, alongside McCaffrey which gives me a fairly good base to go from. I personally think that early first round picks (1-4) should be elite players. 4-8 should be for WR1 or solid RB1s and 8-12 should be for unquestioned starters, i.e. Robert Woods, Michael Gallup, etc. 

It would be interesting to see those who have played it for a few season think draft picks should be valued. 

13 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

How highly do you value draft picks in a dynasty league? The reason I ask is because when I first signed up, I did a little background (12 teams, superflex & 5 rounds (5 taxi)) and saw that more often than not even the first round can be 60/40 in terms of boom or bust. The 8-12th pick in the draft is more often than not including 2nd round picks. 

I had the first pick in the veteran draft and took McCaffrey. I have since mortgaged by future to take Zeke and Hopkins on board, alongside McCaffrey which gives me a fairly good base to go from. I personally think that early first round picks (1-4) should be elite players. 4-8 should be for WR1 or solid RB1s and 8-12 should be for unquestioned starters, i.e. Robert Woods, Michael Gallup, etc. 

It would be interesting to see those who have played it for a few season think draft picks should be valued. 

I think rookies this year are going to struggle with lack of offseason programs and the ability to work and build chemistry with their teammates. We know how much rookie WRs can struggle to adjust. A lot of the big name guys like AJB, Deebo, etc took until midway through the year to really gain full playing time and start their breakouts. I think rookies in the 2020 draft are going to be easy midseason targets for frustrated owners. The 21 draft is very very deep but with college football season in danger who knows how those prospects will look.