Jump to content
holt_bruce81

Add/Drop thread

Recommended Posts

Figured we could use a thread to help some decide on who to add and/or drop from their roster. 

Mine is probably me overthinking things but right now my roster looks like...

QB: Dak Prescott, Sam Darnold
RB: Dalvin Cook, James White, Matt Breida, Dion Lewis
WR: Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller, James Washington, MVS
TE: OJ Howard
Defense: Chiefs
Kicker: Justin Tucker

Thinking of a few things here, either...

1. Drop Sam Darnold for Big Ben 
- Feel like the Steelers and Big Ben are going to be more consistent than the QBs I currently have on my roster. 

2. Drop Sam Darnold for Noah Fant TE 
- Just have this feeling that Fant is going to have a really good rookie year.

3. Drop Sam Darnold for Damarea Crockett RB
- Dart throw for sure, but i just don't think Duke Johnson's role changes much. Crockett has had a good preseason, only issue for me is this is a league filled with Mizzou fans so I may have to throw a little more FAAB at him. (Free Agency opens up tomorrow) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Darnold alot, but I like him less than Big Ben(Who I dont love but you know much more about him) I dont like Fant much at all and Crockett has much less of a chance being great than Darnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@holt_bruce81 and others:

I drafted Zach Ertz but Vance McDonald is on the waiver wire(somehow, someway he went undrafted)

The only person I could drop realistically would be Justin Jackson. Its a non-PPR league, I have Zeke, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, James White and Latavius Murray

I know I'd never start McDonald over Ertz but at least he is an elite level backup if something were to happen to Ertz and a great bye week filler too

The potential Jackson gives if Gordon actually sits out is pretty huge especially if he will be more the feature guy

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Non PPR. What back do I pick up:

Tevin Coleman

Tarik Cohen

LeSean McCoy

Coleman, seems like the best chance to be the guy. Mccoy is definitely 3rd on the the list. Cohen will be very up and down because of the the receiving yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@holt_bruce81 and others:

I drafted Zach Ertz but Vance McDonald is on the waiver wire(somehow, someway he went undrafted)

The only person I could drop realistically would be Justin Jackson. Its a non-PPR league, I have Zeke, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, James White and Latavius Murray

I know I'd never start McDonald over Ertz but at least he is an elite level backup if something were to happen to Ertz and a great bye week filler too

The potential Jackson gives if Gordon actually sits out is pretty huge especially if he will be more the feature guy

Thoughts?

I think I'll hold on to Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@holt_bruce81 and others:

I drafted Zach Ertz but Vance McDonald is on the waiver wire(somehow, someway he went undrafted)

The only person I could drop realistically would be Justin Jackson. Its a non-PPR league, I have Zeke, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, James White and Latavius Murray

I know I'd never start McDonald over Ertz but at least he is an elite level backup if something were to happen to Ertz and a great bye week filler too

The potential Jackson gives if Gordon actually sits out is pretty huge especially if he will be more the feature guy

Thoughts?

I'd rather just keep Jackson honestly. Like you said, Mcdonald is never going to start for you and the Eagles bye week isn't until week 10. I just don't like wasting a roster spot on a backup tight end I MIGHT use 10 weeks from now. 

Have you ever thought about getting Goedert on your roster? Feel like if you ever were going to handcuff the TE position, this would be it. If Ertz ever were to go down, Goedert probably goes off and becomes a top 5 TE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone just dropped Damien Harris. Is he worth picking up even if you don't have Michel on your roster? If so who would you drop...

Sam Darnold QB
Will Fuller WR
Dion Lewis RB
James Washington WR
Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR
Matt Breida RB 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'd rather just keep Jackson honestly. Like you said, Mcdonald is never going to start for you and the Eagles bye week isn't until week 10. I just don't like wasting a roster spot on a backup tight end I MIGHT use 10 weeks from now. 

Have you ever thought about getting Goedert on your roster? Feel like if you ever were going to handcuff the TE position, this would be it. If Ertz ever were to go down, Goedert probably goes off and becomes a top 5 TE. 

So let me ask you this:

Would you drop Jackson for Goedert? Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald were my last 2 non-Qb/k/dst picks and I only drafted 4 WRs so i feel like i cant cut Fitz(even though i have Julio, Godwin and Robby)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Someone just dropped Damien Harris. Is he worth picking up even if you don't have Michel on your roster? If so who would you drop...

Sam Darnold QB
Will Fuller WR
Dion Lewis RB
James Washington WR
Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR
Matt Breida RB 

 

I wouldn’t drop any of them for him. The WRs have high upside and a possibility to be strong #2s on pass-heavy offenses. I love Darnold and think Breida has a better shot right now of getting looks. Dion Lewis is the only one I’d consider but i think Harris’s role isnt strictly tied to the health of Michel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So let me ask you this:

Would you drop Jackson for Goedert? Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald were my last 2 non-Qb/k/dst picks and I only drafted 4 WRs so i feel like i cant cut Fitz(even though i have Julio, Godwin and Robby)

I would probably just wait and see how it plays out. It's very unlikely someone picks up Goedert off the wire, so I'd wait a few weeks to see what kind of role Jackson has in that backfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I would probably just wait and see how it plays out. It's very unlikely someone picks up Goedert off the wire, so I'd wait a few weeks to see what kind of role Jackson has in that backfield. 

Yea I suppose if Gordon reports i can probably just drop him. I couldn’t get Vance anyways(tried dropping my kicker for him) but someone else had priority(didnt even think there was a waiver priority until after week 1?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea I suppose if Gordon reports i can probably just drop him. I couldn’t get Vance anyways(tried dropping my kicker for him) but someone else had priority(didnt even think there was a waiver priority until after week 1?)

You need to upgrade and start using FAAB. Screw those teams that got lucked into the #1 waiver claim and hold onto it for 8 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, holt_bruce81 said:

You need to upgrade and start using FAAB. Screw those teams that got lucked into the #1 waiver claim and hold onto it for 8 weeks. 

Ours is reverse standings so sitting on it doesnt help if you win

I agree 100% btw, love auction leagues and everything about them but people are afraid of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Figured we could use a thread to help some decide on who to add and/or drop from their roster. 

Mine is probably me overthinking things but right now my roster looks like...

QB: Dak Prescott, Sam Darnold
RB: Dalvin Cook, James White, Matt Breida, Dion Lewis
WR: Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller, James Washington, MVS
TE: OJ Howard
Defense: Chiefs
Kicker: Justin Tucker

Thinking of a few things here, either...

1. Drop Sam Darnold for Big Ben 
- Feel like the Steelers and Big Ben are going to be more consistent than the QBs I currently have on my roster. 

2. Drop Sam Darnold for Noah Fant TE 
- Just have this feeling that Fant is going to have a really good rookie year.

3. Drop Sam Darnold for Damarea Crockett RB
- Dart throw for sure, but i just don't think Duke Johnson's role changes much. Crockett has had a good preseason, only issue for me is this is a league filled with Mizzou fans so I may have to throw a little more FAAB at him. (Free Agency opens up tomorrow) 

I'd drop DArnold for Ben, just because I think there's a more reliable history of stability there, but not for anyone else on that list. I'm kind of Bullish on Darnold, and with Dak, I don't mind having a second quarterback (typically I don't carry an extra). I am not starting him, but I think he's the type of back up I would want as he could go off a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×