Add/Drop thread

holt_bruce81

Just traded for Aaron Rodgers, still have Jameis on my bench and an open bench spot.

1. Would you rather have Jameis or Jimmy G or Josh Allen? 6pts all TDs

2. Should i even bother carrying a 2nd QB? I feel like I’ll never play them but Rodgers isn’t exactly made of stone so I’m wondering if i need to keep a backup

Rodgers bye is 11 so Allen at Miami, Jimmy G vs Arizona or Jameis vs NO

3. With my open spot i want to get a RB for sure since i just traded one. Non-PPR, who do you want?

Frank Gore

Raheem Mostert

Jeff Wilson Jr

Jamal Williams 

Justin Jackson

My other RBs are Zeke, Jacobs, White and Murray while i have at WR:

Julio Godwin Hollywood and Fitz 

On 9/16/2019 at 8:41 AM, skywindO2 said:

After the slight scare with David Johnson this last weekend, should trying to add and holding on Chase Edmonds? 

he's def the backup. And the coaching staff likes him both as a runner and receiver, so he will probably be used just like dj. And honestly a lot of Cards fans are tired of DJ and want Chase to get his chance lol (they think dj is soft)

so if you are the type who believes in handcuffing, it would be a good move

I have DJ in a money league and I am not gonna tho. I have never done the handcuff thing tho

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1. Would you rather have Jameis or Jimmy G or Josh Allen? 6pts all TDs

Really difficult to answer right now because we don't know what Jimmy looks like without Staley, which could be problematic. Allen is also the only one who gives you the rushing. Give me Allen right now. 

As for Carrying a second QB, depends on your league. In a 10 man league, I never do. The waiver wire is typically too good (though with all the injuries lately, that may be getting thinner). 12 man leagues you sometimes have okay guys to pick up for a one week stream, but it's getting a little riskier. It sounds like your wire is actually pretty good, so I may be inclined to risk it. 

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

3. With my open spot i want to get a RB for sure since i just traded one. Non-PPR, who do you want?

Mostert is a guy that I really like, but once Coleman comes back, his role is largely toast, so he's probably not worth the investment unless you're going to start him specifically this week (49ers are on a bye the following week, and I think it likely that Coleman is back for the Browns game). Needless to say, if Mostert may not be worth picking up because of his short term tenure as relevant, Wilson is a non starter (and honestly kind of is even without Coleman comes back unless Breida / Mostert get hurt ahead of him). 

I suppose for the time being,  Jackson may have the best upside week in and week out, but his volume kind of sucks,  and Gore is simply getting more play as unsexy as that pick up is. 

Gore is probably the correct pick up long term. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Really difficult to answer right now because we don't know what Jimmy looks like without Staley, which could be problematic. Allen is also the only one who gives you the rushing. Give me Allen right now. 

As for Carrying a second QB, depends on your league. In a 10 man league, I never do. The waiver wire is typically too good (though with all the injuries lately, that may be getting thinner). 12 man leagues you sometimes have okay guys to pick up for a one week stream, but it's getting a little riskier. It sounds like your wire is actually pretty good, so I may be inclined to risk it. 

Its a 12 team league. Right now, only a few teams have good backups so I think the well runs dry once the bye weeks start coming

Someone dropped Kyler Murray last night. I’m going put a waiver claim but who do I drop?

QB: J Allen

RB: Kamara, Carson, Sony, Montgomery, Sanders, Penny, Singletary 

WR: Ab, Beckham, AJ, Hardman

TE: Waller, Hockenson 

I want to keep Allen and TJ due to ceiling and trade bait. So I’m leaning Singletary or Hardman??? Ppr thoughts???

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Given how stacked you are at RB, Singletary would be my 1A if you insist on having that second QB.  If you didn't roster Carson, Penny would have likely been my choice.  

I agree....for now. Miles Sanders is getting close though. That situation is just ugly, and I'm at the point already where I just don't know if that is going to turn around. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Doesnt Brees being out hurt NO’s DST though?

They'll be more prone to being tired out more quickly if the offense as a whole doesn't figure out how to sustain drives long enough to give them a breather.  But, while I don't expect Teddy to replicate anywhere close to Brees' production (the Michael Thomas keeper owner in me is masochistically giving itself papercuts and pouring lemon juice into them), I do expect Payton - with a week to prep with Teddy as the starter - can have that offense at least average-ish given the talent they've got in it, provided their OL stays intact.

Have to remember too that NO is without Rankins and one other DT right now.  Losing Anzalone for the season will have its impact, but this was a defensive unit that was statistically extremely hard to run on last season and hasn't seen much personnel change once they get Rankins back.

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree....for now. Miles Sanders is getting close though. That situation is just ugly, and I'm at the point already where I just don't know if that is going to turn around. 

Yeah, but Singletary's injury is a hamstring one; those linger and you can almost always count on them to have a carry-on effect for 5-6 weeks.

Just now, The LBC said:

Yeah, but Singletary's injury is a hamstring one; those linger and you can almost always count on them to have a carry-on effect for 5-6 weeks.

That would be my concern and quite probably the only reason I'd have him lower right now. Need more time to evaluate that situation. But I don't think that there's any way that Miles Sanders recoops his draft value at this point. The running game simply hasn't been overly effective for the eagles, and a three headed timeshare is a nightmare. There's no upside without a breakout play.