Add/Drop thread

holt_bruce81

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is Frank Gore worth rostering? He was listed at the #1 in Buffalo. I’d be dropping James Washington for him. 

What else is on the wire, how far down your depth chart is he (any real chance he plays for you)? 

I can say that most likely, I would say no, but 14 or 16 team league would probably be a yes

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'll need to make room for a kicker. I'm thinking of dropping Dare/Pollard/Malcolm Brown for one.

I guess the obvious choice is Pollard if/when zeke returns before week 1?

If Zeke returns and is good to go week 1, yeah, I'd probably say Pollard. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is Frank Gore worth rostering? He was listed at the #1 in Buffalo. I’d be dropping James Washington for him. 

Depends on who your other RB's are but unless you're desperate to find someone to FLEX during Week 1 I'd stick with Washington. It's a floor vs. ceiling debate and I like to go into the season with my bench loaded with guys I could conceivably see being a part of a league-winner rather than dudes who are destined to get you 5-7 points a week on your way to a 6-8 season. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

I went 0-WR and ended up with these guys for my WRs.  Was thinking the WR class was deep.  I think I waited too long and spent too much money on the other positions.

Robby Anderson, Geronimo Allison, Kenny Stills Tre'quan Smith, and Marquise Goodwin.

On the ww are:

Daesean Hamilton, Albert Wilson, Sanu, Humphries, Funchess, Hollywood, Zay, Mecole, and WRs in this range.  

Of the bunch, Mecole seems intriguing.  Trying to beat people to the punch before the post-Week 1 frenzy starts since I'm last priority.

Or sit tight, which I'm cool with as well.

Thoughts?  

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

anyone else high on Mecole Hardman?the man is so fast, probably better than Sammy. he going into the best offense in football, and Mahomes just slings the rock. anyone else he can just explode this season? 

High for the future, not so much this year. I don't mind him in big leagues (16 team), or ones with big benches as a stash / handcuff to the Chiefs wide receivers. And I really like him in dynasty leagues. I just don't think that he's going to put on a big statistical season this year, and even if he were to be respectable this year statistically, I don't know that it's in a way where you could count on him. I Think he'd have huge games and donut games without any real consistency. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

High for the future, not so much this year. I don't mind him in big leagues (16 team), or ones with big benches as a stash / handcuff to the Chiefs wide receivers. And I really like him in dynasty leagues. I just don't think that he's going to put on a big statistical season this year, and even if he were to be respectable this year statistically, I don't know that it's in a way where you could count on him. I Think he'd have huge games and donut games without any real consistency. 

I have Hardman in one of my leagues. I dont Currently need the bench spot and I have Watkins too. Figured Watkins seems to get hurt every year so I’ll hold onto him until I need To drop him. 

2 hours ago, a4ce said:

I went 0-WR and ended up with these guys for my WRs.  Was thinking the WR class was deep.  I think I waited too long and spent too much money on the other positions.

Robby Anderson, Geronimo Allison, Kenny Stills Tre'quan Smith, and Marquise Goodwin.

On the ww are:

Daesean Hamilton, Albert Wilson, Sanu, Humphries, Funchess, Hollywood, Zay, Mecole, and WRs in this range.  

Of the bunch, Mecole seems intriguing.  Trying to beat people to the punch before the post-Week 1 frenzy starts since I'm last priority.

Thoughts?  

Honestly more than another boom or bust deep threat like Mecole, you desperately need a WR with some guaranteed targets so I'd be dropping Kenny Stills (learning a new playbook and probably useless until Will Fuller gets hurt even once he gets up to speed) for Albert Wilson in a heartbeat. 

15 hours ago, a4ce said:

On the ww are:

Thoughts?  

I would roster Hardman over Goodwin ... at least for week 1 ... you just don't know the utilization ... and you need WR upside... in the next couple of weeks.