TNF: Chiefs vs. Patriots (Opening Day!!!)

TheVillain112

Poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Patriots
    • Chiefs

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Gronk's snap counts over the last 3 seasons. (% of all snaps).

2016: 32%

2015: 84%

2014: 73%

More or less than you expected @FourThreeMafia, @onejayhawk ?

How did I get roped into this Gronk convo?   B|

I knew he was relatively healthy in 2015, but I thought he played less overall in 2014.   

However, he also seems to play banged up alot.

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The "misconception" that they were overhyped comes from the threads that were started on the old site by CERTAIN homer Chiefs fans that endlessly pimped them out to be better than they actually were prior to several seasons.    So while they werent overhyped by the masses or the media, there was a group of particular fans who put them on a pedestal they never actually deserved to be on, and I think alot of people remember that.    

Yeah but we haven't done that in years bro. We learned our lesson and the fanbase around here is a lot more quiet in the offseason.

19 hours ago, Revel8 said:

No it was a common, repeated argument made this offseason by Patriots fans claiming that Brady was the GOAT.  They claimed that Brady makes nearly all his receivers, including Edelman, who 'is a nobody 7th round WR that is only good because Brady is his QB.'

The notion that Edelman could actually be a good player without Brady was heavily denied of course, because 'Brady is the GOAT because he wins games with almost no help from his surrounding team'.

Can other QB throw the balls BEFORE his WR changed directions while defenders look at QB in the eyes? If a QB can't, then Edelman would be just another average WR.

(1) 3rd and 10 to Hogan in tying drive
(2) 2nd and 4 to Danny Amendola in overtime drive.
The two plays don't need much arm strength, it is all about timing and football IQ; 

10 hours ago, kramxel said:

Patriots had the game in the bag for the 1st half...

2nd half was the twilight zone of linebacker play, Hightower being out really hurt them, and the Chiefs took full advantage of those mismatches.

Their offense looks pretty scary with so many HR threats.

P.S: By the way, when was the last time that Brady was under 50% completion rate?

Just remember that the last 3 times NE lost their opener, they won the SB all 3 years, so I would not write them off just yet.

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah but we haven't done that in years bro. We learned our lesson and the fanbase around here is a lot more quiet in the offseason.

I get that.

My point was, thats why there was a slight misconception that the Chiefs got overhyped.   It wasnt so much that they got overhyped in past seasons IN GENERAL....just some fans posted outlandish predictions and pimp threads for like 3 straight years and I think that stuck with alot of people on here.

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Christ. 

Even if he doesn't light up the receiving and stat sheet, he's one of the best blockers on the team as well. Kelce has a long way to go. 

So you're saying Kelce isn't a great blocker? He was taking out Patriots left and right

On 9/8/2017 at 4:06 PM, Uppi32 said:

In my opinion, the loss of Edelman is not that big an issue.  He's a good slot receiver, but you can plug guys like ammendola and hogan in without much drop off in production.  They still have Gronk, Cooks, a solid committee of backs, and what looks to be a very solid O-line.  

Just waiting for that pats fan who after this loss is going to come out and say "Edelman's out, Brady doesn't have enough help"  

It will be an issue at least early as they adjust their offense in response to the loss.  Their bread and butter is shorter passes dictated by matchups and the loss of Edelman will impact that until they can adequately replace him or adjust their offense.

On 9/8/2017 at 4:18 PM, ChazStandard said:

You just completely made that up. Nobody on this forum said that, at any point.

No you just completely made that up.  I said nothing about people on this forum.  You did.

I'm talking about the claims of some on Youtube and Reddit. 

On 9/8/2017 at 5:11 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not sure where you're getting all of this from but wow.

First of all, Patriot fans claiming that Brady was the GOAT was justified. Not just some homer remark. In fact, unless you been living under a rock for the last 6 months they weren't the only ones saying this. 

Second of all, I have never heard anyone in any fan base call Edelman a nobody. Ever.. 

Youtube and Reddit.  I thought it was ridiculous as well.  They went to such great lengths to try to convince people Brady was the GOAT that they bashed his WRs, calling Edelman (and others) a nobody WR because he was drafted in the 7th.

Their justification for Brady being the GOAT is that he's causing that team to win.  Therefore they downplay the rest of the team to convince others that Brady is the GOAT.  It's been happening for months.

On 9/8/2017 at 6:26 PM, Pats#1 said:

You're asking him to back up his statements with evidence, that's not his style.

I'm still waiting for him to show all of the proven demonstrative evidence of the Pats cheating the IR for the past 15 years he kept talking about last week.

The only way I'm going to do days of writing, detailing all these infractions is by you paying me for it.  I'm not a charity. 

You don't even need it in the first place, you already have former Patriots players admitting to what I'm pointing out:

Talib said last week that “the Patriots have their own way of reporting” injuries.

“I know I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said Monday on WGR in Buffalo. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with (Aqib) Talib and his hip.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/another-spygate-former-patriots-say-belichick-is-cheating-injury-reports-032014

10 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

The only way I'm going to do days of writing, detailing all these infractions is by you paying me for it.  I'm not a charity. 

You don't even need it in the first place, you already have former Patriots players admitting to what I'm pointing out:

Talib said last week that “the Patriots have their own way of reporting” injuries.

“I know I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said Monday on WGR in Buffalo. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with (Aqib) Talib and his hip.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/another-spygate-former-patriots-say-belichick-is-cheating-injury-reports-032014

"Hey everyone, I totally have proof to back up my grand sweeping statement but I just don't feel like showing it"

XAxaV.gif

Archived