TNF: Chiefs vs. Patriots (Opening Day!!!)

TheVillain112

Poll  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Patriots
    • Chiefs

15 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

Indeed, his defens e helped bail him out in that one too.  Yet we still have people claiming he was the reason for the playoff win.

I mean they won 34-16....and whipped them 27-0 in the regular season with Brisett under center. They were gonna beat the texans no matter how bad he played. 

Defense hardly bailed him out.

Your right, admissions mean nothing.  It's impossible for the Patriots to cheat.

Talib said last week that “the Patriots have their own way of reporting” injuries.

“I know I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said Monday on WGR in Buffalo. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with (Aqib) Talib and his hip.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/another-spygate-former-patriots-say-belichick-is-cheating-injury-reports-032014

^^

head-in-sand.png

4 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

Your right, admissions mean nothing.  It's impossible for the Patriots to cheat.

Talib said last week that “the Patriots have their own way of reporting” injuries.

“I know I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said Monday on WGR in Buffalo. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with (Aqib) Talib and his hip.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/another-spygate-former-patriots-say-belichick-is-cheating-injury-reports-032014

^^

head-in-sand.png

You mentioned one off season after claiming there is demonstrative evidence over the past 15 years....still waiting.

Love how other teams getting caught means nothing either, since the only time they cheated is the time they got caught...obviously.

Once again....where is your demonstrative evidence over the past 15 years???

6 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I mean they won 34-16....and whipped them 27-0 in the regular season with Brisett under center. They were gonna beat the texans no matter how bad he played. 

Defense hardly bailed him out.

I agree that they were likely to beat the Texans no matter how badly Brady played, and he played pretty badly.  He ended up with that 47% completion percentage and a 68 QB rating.

The defense and special teams did help bail the offense out however.  The D snagged 3 INTs, giving the Patriots great field position twice and stopped a deep drive where the Texans were going to score.  The kickoff unit returned one for TD as well.

4 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

You mentioned one off season after claiming there is demonstrative evidence over the past 15 years....still waiting

Love how other teams getting caught means nothing either, since the only time they cheated is the time they got caught...obviously

Once again....where is your demonstrative evidence over the past 15 years???

Hey if you want to pay me, and well, then I can write dozens of pages on the topic.   I'm not wasting weeks of writing doing it for free just because you kept your head in the sand all those years. 

All anyone needs in the first place are the admissions of former Patriots players saying that the Patriots do not follow the rules when reporting injuries like other teams.  The admissions encapsulate the entire argument.

1 minute ago, Revel8 said:

Hey if you want to pay me, and well, then I can write dozens of pages on the topic.   I'm not wasting weeks of writing doing it for free just because you kept your head in the sand all those years. 

All anyone needs in the first place are the admissions of former Patriots players saying that the Patriots do not follow the rules when reporting injuries like other teams.  The admissions encapsulate the entire argument.

I managed to find all of the IR violations fined and warned over the past 15 years in 20 minutes.

But yes, keep telling everyone how you know all of this evidence and can demonstrate it you just don't want to....once again

XAxaV.gif

I thought it was common knowledge that the Pats liked to fudge the injury report. There's really nothing wrong with it, it's just something that they do sometimes. I didn't know that was some controversial statement. Like in 2013, they had 11 players that were on the injury report for 5 consecutive weeks (not the same consecutive weeks, but at some point in the season) without missing time. There's nothing illegal about that, to my knowledge, but it's also blatantly inaccurate (questionable, for instance, is meant to be 50/50, so if you're questionable for 5 weeks and miss 0 games, that's probably not an accurate representation of your probability to play.) Tom Brady has always been the most notable, spending season's worth of games on the injury report without ever missing time, but they've done it on many occasions for many players.

And again, it's not illegal, nor do I actually have a problem with it. But it's totally a thing they're known for doing. And other teams have done it too. I just know New England has the biggest reputation for doing it.

9 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I managed to find all of the IR violations fined and warned over the past 15 years in 20 minutes.

But yes, keep telling everyone how you know all of this evidence and can demonstrate it you just don't want to....once again

XAxaV.gif

Let us know when fined and warned IR violations equate to all injury report violations.

The Patriots weren't even punished for the admitted violations pointed out by Talib and Spikes.

2 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

Let us know when fined and warned IR violations equate to all injury report violations.

The Patriots weren't even punished for the admitted violations pointed out by Talib and Spikes.

The league looked into it and said they couldn't find anything illegal.

I'm also not sure how them putting Brandon Spikes on IR while he was healthy helps them or gives them an advantage, same with Talib who said he did in fact have an injury. Neither case was them hiding an injury so a player could stay active, which is the main reason the IR rules are what they are.

But I've already said okay let's play in lala land and go ahead and say yup both players telling the truth. 

That's one off season, you said evidence over 15 years....where is it?

What's your opinion on the teams that have actually been caught violating the IR?

I'm guessing you think the times they were caught were the only times they fudged the IR?

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I thought it was common knowledge that the Pats liked to fudge the injury report. There's really nothing wrong with it, it's just something that they do sometimes. I didn't know that was some controversial statement. Like in 2013, they had 11 players that were on the injury report for 5 consecutive weeks (not the same consecutive weeks, but at some point in the season) without missing time. There's absolutely nothing illegal about that, mind you, but it's also blatantly inaccurate (questionable, for instance, is meant to be 50/50, so if you're questionable for 5 weeks and miss 0 games, that's probably not an accurate representation of your probability to play.) Tom Brady has always been the most notable, spending season's worth of games on the injury report without ever missing time, but they've done it on many occasions for many players.

And again, it's not illegal, nor do I actually have a problem with it. But it's totally a thing they're known for doing. And other teams have done it too. I just know New England has the biggest reputation for doing it.

Yeah I pointed this out a while ago here too, I thought it was common knowledge.

Though according to NFL rules it is illegal and a rules violation.  Which is why they can be punished for it.

" all injured players be reported in a satisfactory manner by clubs to the league office, the opposing team, local and national media, and broadcast partners each game week of the regular season and postseason (including for the two Super Bowl teams between the Championship Games and Super Bowl).

The information must be credible, accurate, timely, and specific within the guidelines of the policy, which is of paramount importance in maintaining the integrity of the game.

A violation of the policy may result in Commissioner discipline, which may include a fine on the involved club, fines or suspensions of involved individuals, as well as the possible forfeiture of draft choices by the involved club."

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I thought it was common knowledge that the Pats liked to fudge the injury report. There's really nothing wrong with it, it's just something that they do sometimes. I didn't know that was some controversial statement. Like in 2013, they had 11 players that were on the injury report for 5 consecutive weeks (not the same consecutive weeks, but at some point in the season) without missing time. There's absolutely nothing illegal about that, mind you, but it's also blatantly inaccurate (questionable, for instance, is meant to be 50/50, so if you're questionable for 5 weeks and miss 0 games, that's probably not an accurate representation of your probability to play.) Tom Brady has always been the most notable, spending season's worth of games on the injury report without ever missing time, but they've done it on many occasions for many players.

My problem is him acting like this is specific to the Patriots, and that there's demonstrative evidence of them "cheating" on the IR over the past 15 years much morethan everyone else.

Kinda hard when other teams have actually been penalized and the Patriots haven't even been warned. 

2 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

Yeah I pointed this out a while ago here too, I thought it was common knowledge.

Though according to NFL rules it is illegal and a rules violation.  Which is why they can be punished for it.

" all injured players be reported in a satisfactory manner by clubs to the league office, the opposing team, local and national media, and broadcast partners each game week of the regular season and postseason (including for the two Super Bowl teams between the Championship Games and Super Bowl).

The information must be credible, accurate, timely, and specific within the guidelines of the policy, which is of paramount importance in maintaining the integrity of the game.

A violation of the policy may result in Commissioner discipline, which may include a fine on the involved club, fines or suspensions of involved individuals, as well as the possible forfeiture of draft choices by the involved club."

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

So why haven't they been fined or even warned since this is such common knowledge?

Surely the other teams in the league would report them and the league would be able to punish them if they were so blatantly cheating the IR for so long. 

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

So why haven't they been fined or even warned since this is such common knowledge?

Surely the other teams in the league would report them and the league would be able to punish them if they were so blatantly cheating the IR for so long. 

Because it's also common knowledge that the NFL's claims of upholding integrity are largely nonsense.  They not only destroyed the Patriots' tapes after winning the Super Bowl, which was completely unnecessary if there was nothing left to hide, they didn't even warn the Steelers for not disclosing Bell's groin injury last year. 

They want the uninformed to think the integrity of the game is fine, and many will be fooled into believing this.  Yet the fact of the matter is that when the Patriots got away with years of cheating on the injury report without being reprimanded, the integrity of the game was heavily damaged, as pointed out by the NFL rules.

Archived