GDT: Preseason Week 4: Titans at Bears

malagabears

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Danny Parkins has been pushing that we’ve created a home field disadvantage for our kickers, and I 100% agree with him. You can feel the tension every single time. 

Tension isn't something a player can feel. It's a psychological issue that people who can't deal with it claim is tangible. Make the kicks and "tension" disappears

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Tension isn't something a player can feel. It's a psychological issue that people who can't deal with it claim is tangible. Make the kicks and "tension" disappears

Dont be myopic or pedantic, I think we all understand you cant actually feel tension, but we are aware when things are tense.  Yes hes gotta get thru it, but don't act like it hasnt become an inhospitable situation for our kicker.

• Like 1

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Dont be myopic or pedantic, I think we all understand you cant actually feel tension, but we are aware when things are tense.  Yes hes gotta get thru it, but don't act like it hasnt become an inhospitable situation for our kicker.

Good players get through that. I mean, there's 3+ moments like that during a lot of NFL games. If this atmosphere is an issue for him, Pineiro is ****ed.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Exactly this. I mean unnecessary pressure. It’s purely psychological. But unnecessary nonetheless. Set your guys up for success. 

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Good players get through that. I mean, there's 3+ moments like that during a lot of NFL games. If this atmosphere is an issue for him, Pineiro is ****ed.

Find me a kicker in almost any other situation who has to worry about getting booed off the field every single time he makes an appearance. It doesn’t happen. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Every kick is under a microscope.  Nobody paid real attn to PATs before. The only story about a kick written was if one was missed.  We have every beat writer in town breaking down kicks.  Trying to judge mechanics and angles they know nothing about.  We have writer after writer saying the Bears kicker may not be on the roster, and I will grant you, none of that precludes Eddy from just going out and making kicks.  But it is an untenable situation at best.  And the thing is, until the Bears win a playoff game bc of a Piniero kick, it's still going to be questioned.  That's a tough thing for a 25 yo kid, even one with swag like Eddy

• Like 1