GDT: Preseason Week 4: Titans at Bears

malagabears

1 hour ago, soulman said:

There's a guy who could become another Trey Burton.  Similar size and a college record that says he can get open and catch.

Set Princeton career records for receptions (196) and touchdown catches (28); no other Princeton player has even 20 career touchdown catches … became the 11th player in program history to earn an invitation to the prestigious East-West Shrine Game … named a finalist for the Doris Robinson Scholar-Athlete Award and a semifinalist for the William Campbell Scholar-Athlete Trophy. 2018: Earned first-team All-Ivy League honors after catching 72 passes for 1,047 yards and 13 touchdowns for the highest-scoring offense in Ivy League history … led Princeton to first perfect season since 1964 and second Ivy League title in three years … led the Ivy League with 15 touchdowns scored (13 receiving, two rushing). 2017: Earned unanimous first-team All-Ivy League honors after breaking Princeton single-season receptions (92) and touchdown receptions (14) records … led the Ivy League in receptions, receiving yards (1226), and receiving TDs. 2016: Earned All-Ivy League honorable mention after catching 30 passes for 413 yards and a touchdown during Princeton’s Ivy League championship season. 2015: Caught two passes for 17 yards as a freshman ... also played centerfield and served as leadoff hitter during Ivy League championship season for the baseball team. PERSONAL: Played at Roseville Area High School in Shoreview, Minn. ... named the 2015 Minnesota High School Athlete of the Year by the St. Paul Pioneer Press … holds Minnesota state record for single-game receptions (19 for 293 yards), which he set in the 2013 state playoffs.

I really like the look of this kid.  I can just tell by way he moves he is an athlete capable of playing in this league.

It's too bad he missed most of camp or I think he would be guy everyone talked about at TE.  I think it would be a real mistake not to keep him on PS. 

• Like 1

Let me tell you too I was outside in Chicago area by a lake and it was windy as ****.  

He flat shanked extra point because he just did, but those longer field goals were not gimmies.  

If you stood up from a folding chair it blew away. 

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah the only way I see Lynch not making it is if we replace him with a comparably inexpensive comparable player off the waiver wire. That seems highly unlikely. 

Agreed. Maybe a trade or a signing.

But Vaughters and Irving can’t replace Lynch. His size alone makes him a valuable run defender on the edge, which we saw last year

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Agreed. Maybe a trade or a signing.

But Vaughters and Irving can’t replace Lynch. His size alone makes him a valuable run defender on the edge, which we saw last year

That being said lets not act like Lynch adds that much value.  He usually doesn't.

• Like 1

One question I have is Lynch 100% healthy and ready to play his usual number of snaps in the rotation?

If not and there is anyone available who could possible replace him ya' gotta think that possibility exists.  He hasn't played a lick all preseason except for last night and he has a very long history of games missed due to injury.

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Let me tell you too I was outside in Chicago area by a lake and it was windy as ****.  

He flat shanked extra point because he just did, but those longer field goals were not gimmies.  

If you stood up from a folding chair it blew away. 

It was both windy and erratic, that wind direction (West by Southwest) is highly variable in strength and direction. You might have a 40 degree shift where the wind doubles in strength with no warning. It's due to the way the wind blows across land, plus the weird temperature changes as it meets the lake.

But on the miss he just kicked it really badly