Jump to content
Tomahawk

Bud Light selling Victory Fridges

Recommended Posts

Wow this thread really took a turn for the worst. And that’s saying something since it started off about bud light 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 11:27 AM, ReggieCamp said:

Beer snobs, smh.  I guess I've had so much sh!tty beer in my life that it doesn't bother me.

Why, back in my day, I'd down several low quality brews, take the pounding headache, and apologize to my colon.

And I was thankful.

Image result for grumpy old men meme meme

I mean I survived college drinking only Busch, Natty Light, King Cobra 40s and Steel Reserve.

I drink Miller Lite nowadays and I consider it a sophisticated adult beverage. Ive had enough craft beer to last a lifetime that it has completely lost all of its appeal

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean I survived college drinking only Busch, Natty Light, King Cobra 40s and Steel Reserve.

I drink Miller Lite nowadays and I consider it a sophisticated adult beverage. Ive had enough craft beer to last a lifetime that it has completely lost all of its appeal

Too much good beer, only Miller Lite now huh?

no-points-billy-madison.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Too much good beer, only Miller Lite now huh?

no-points-billy-madison.gif 

After you drink roughly 17,343 IPAs and Porters, they sort of lose their appeal. I had a good time with craft beer before the entire industry blew up in 2017 and every guy with a beard started their own brewery in their parents garage; which then led to a over saturation of the market and a drop in quality across the board.

Domestic beers do me just fine now. Id rather drink a bucket of Coronas on a patio 10/10 times over having a few craft brews. Ive bought the ticket, went to the park and rode all of the rides with craft beer and it was fun while it lasted. Just sort of over them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

After you drink roughly 17,343 IPAs and Porters, they sort of lose their appeal.

An entire industry build on variety and unique flavors gets old, but a basic Miller Lite doesn’t?

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Domestic beers do me just fine now. Id rather drink a bucket of Coronas on a patio 10/10 times over having a few craft brews. Ive bought the ticket, went to the park and rode all of the rides with craft beer and it was fun while it lasted. Just sort of over them now.

Drink whatever you like, but your rational is... odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

An entire industry build on variety and unique flavors gets old, but a basic Miller Lite doesn’t?

Drink whatever you like, but your rational is... odd.

I think what Im trying to say is that a large reason why I myself draft craft beer was because it was new and just starting to gain popularity years ago. It was good and great to try a new higher level quality of beer. However, thats all I drank for years because it was new and cool. Now the bubble has almost burst on the entire industry because there have became so many new companies trying to get their piece of the pie--that it has almost lost its appeal (to me). The quality of some of my favorite companies has also gone down in that same time too because brewmasters come and go (see Great Lakes) and quantity over quality takes place.

I still will have a craft beer at dinner, but gone are the days of me ordering a few at a bar.

Its the same thing with 'craft' coffee that exploded years and years ago when Starbucks became nationwide. I went all the time, I bought a $5 cup of coffee twice a week because it was good, new and cool. Now there are local 'cool' coffee shops on every other street corner and I cant tell you the last time I have went to one. Over a year ago maybe?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think what Im trying to say is that a large reason why I myself draft craft beer was because it was new and just starting to gain popularity years ago. It was good and great to try a new higher level quality of beer. However, thats all I drank for years because it was new and cool. Now the bubble has almost burst on the entire industry because there have became so many new companies trying to get their piece of the pie--that it has almost lost its appeal (to me). The quality of some of my favorite companies has also gone down in that same time too because brewmasters come and go (see Great Lakes) and quantity over quality takes place.

Yeah some places get too big, others built their reputation as bars more than breweries, but there is still a ton of great beer being made and it continues to improve.

I think there’s definitely a difference between legit good beer and some generic IPA by a local brewery.  Some bigger breweries, like Founders or Bell’s, manage to do the basic IPA’s and such but also put out some real gems too.  Most don’t though, I’ll readily admit that.

Most of the crappy “craft breweries” are IPA heavy and have beers with too low of an ABV for some styles.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I still will have a craft beer at dinner, but gone are the days of me ordering a few at a bar.

Its the same thing with 'craft' coffee that exploded years and years ago when Starbucks became nationwide. I went all the time, I bought a $5 cup of coffee twice a week because it was good, new and cool. Now there are local 'cool' coffee shops on every other street corner and I cant tell you the last time I have went to one. Over a year ago maybe?

 

I drink coffee every day, but I’ve never got into the “craft” stuff.  I’m sure it’s great but I can’t justify the sugar and calories that aren’t accompanied by a buzz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t need to get drunk anymore is probably the reason I like the higher end type beers. So I suppose I’ll just say

 

KEG005-fizzy-snob-sign-B1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per tradition, my tailgate cooler will consist only of Natty tall boys. Dont come @ me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think what Im trying to say is that a large reason why I myself draft craft beer was because it was new and just starting to gain popularity years ago. It was good and great to try a new higher level quality of beer. However, thats all I drank for years because it was new and cool. Now the bubble has almost burst on the entire industry because there have became so many new companies trying to get their piece of the pie--that it has almost lost its appeal (to me). The quality of some of my favorite companies has also gone down in that same time too because brewmasters come and go (see Great Lakes) and quantity over quality takes place.

I still will have a craft beer at dinner, but gone are the days of me ordering a few at a bar.

Its the same thing with 'craft' coffee that exploded years and years ago when Starbucks became nationwide. I went all the time, I bought a $5 cup of coffee twice a week because it was good, new and cool. Now there are local 'cool' coffee shops on every other street corner and I cant tell you the last time I have went to one. Over a year ago maybe?

 

Yuengling Golden and Light are my go to beers for quantity. Jackie O’s and Fat Heads are my two favorite Ohio breweries. I know JO’s has had some issues but that was their barrel aged stuff. 

 

It’s pretty interesting how craft beer is really starting to go towards lagers, Pilsner, and lower abv beers. Hell Bells is releasing a Two Hearted Light.  This is trying to grab some of the people who don’t want to drink an 11% DIPA or stout. 

 

But any beer is good if you are with good company in a fun environment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JDD said:

It’s pretty interesting how craft beer is really starting to go towards lagers, Pilsner, and lower abv beers. Hell Bells is releasing a Two Hearted Light.  This is trying to grab some of the people who don’t want to drink an 11% DIPA or stout. 

I’m pretty seasonal with my beer selection too. 

My favorite beers are barrel aged stouts, CBS in particular, but those aren’t something I’m always in the mood for when it’s 90 something degrees.  Fruit beers, IPA’s, micheladas, etc are much more refreshing in the summer.

The low ABV stuff is a head scratcher for me though. I’ve never understood the appeal of a 4% beer.  I’m not sure why anyone would want to have to drink a 6 pack just to get a buzz.  And if I’m bothering to drink, I at least want a little buzz, enough to but a dumb grin on my face anyway.  Every now and then I may drink a gose , saison or Mexican beer in a michelada that’s lower abv, but generally I’m aiming for 8-12%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

Per tradition, my tailgate cooler will consist only of Natty tall boys. Dont come @ me. 

The Natty Daddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 11:20 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

sorority girls.

Wine.

Vodka & Red Bull.

 

The sorority girls I know fueled themselves up on those combos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m pretty seasonal with my beer selection too. 

My favorite beers are barrel aged stouts, CBS in particular, but those aren’t something I’m always in the mood for when it’s 90 something degrees.  Fruit beers, IPA’s, micheladas, etc are much more refreshing in the summer.

The low ABV stuff is a head scratcher for me though. I’ve never understood the appeal of a 4% beer.  I’m not sure why anyone would want to have to drink a 6 pack just to get a buzz.  And if I’m bothering to drink, I at least want a little buzz, enough to but a dumb grin on my face anyway.  Every now and then I may drink a gose , saison or Mexican beer in a michelada that’s lower abv, but generally I’m aiming for 8-12%.

I remember a time back in 2012-2013 where I knew people that mixed Summer Shandy with Great Lakes Laker Erie Monster and whooo boy let me tell ya. If I was ever aiming for a high ABV beer I would always go for the Kentucky Burbon Barrel Stout. Im pretty sure it was like 11% and two of them would K/O you for the night at 21 years old haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, JDD said:

Wow this thread really took a turn for the worst. And that’s saying something since it started off about bud light 

Lol but so entertaining:)

To the craft growth conv it’s going to get worse as here in Sonoma County our JC has courses in making beer and the class fills up quick. We use to be wine country but beer and 420 are growing crazy here. When Indeed has jobs repping a new industry you know it’s growing like a weed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×