2020 Draft Thread

beardown3231

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Doyle is a guy I like.  Smart player, a good blocker and has some pretty decent mitts.  Plus he has been coached up by Reich the last two years who has connections to Nagy through Pederson.

We need a nice compliment at TE who can take pressure off of Burton.  I like Holtz but he seems more of an inline TE and special teams guy and I'm not sure if he's actually a capable receiver.

We need to know what Holtz is over these 8 games.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

A 2020 Offense that looks like this would be better

QB: Veteran
RB: Montgomery
FB: Holtz
TE: 2nd Round Pick
WR: Robinson
WR: Gabriel
WR: Miller
LT: Leno/2nd Round Pick
LG: Daniels
C: Whitehair
RG; Coward/Bars/5th round pick
RT: Massie

Burton gonna be on the team no matter what.  Doubt a rookie starts over him.

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Burton gonna be on the team no matter what.  Doubt a rookie starts over him.

He currently is power walking routes, getting punked as a blocker and has like 70 yards receiving in 8 games.

He will be on the team. Beating him out will not be that hard.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He currently is power walking routes, getting punked as a blocker and has like 70 yards receiving in 8 games.

He will be on the team. Beating him out will not be that hard.

Bruh...I know he has sucked this year but he is clearly playing with a hurt groin.  Without excusing Mitch and the o-line it's no coincidence that the offense has dropped off big time with the Bears TEs also sucking like they have been this year.

Up until the recent signing of Holtz they had no one there behind Burton worth a damn and Burton missed first game and is now playing less than 100%.

If he's fully healthy next year then I expect a rebound season for him.  It's not as if he's incapable.

Edited by topwop1

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Bruh...I know he has sucked this year but he is clearly playing with a hurt groin.  Without excusing Mitch and the o-line it's no coincidence that the offense has dropped off big time with the Bears TEs also sucking like they have been this year.

Up until the recent signing of Holtz they had no one there behind Burton worth a damn and Burton missed first game and is now playing less than 100%.

If he's fully healthy next year then I expect a rebound season for him.  It's not as if he's incapable.

His groin injury is a 4-6 week recovery, we are now at 6 months.

We should draft to replace him and if by some miracle he shows the desire to get healthy and put in a reasonable effort on the field than he can compete for the spot.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would be shocked if Pace gives up on Trubisky this soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 2:21 PM, WindyCity said:

If we're taking a TE in the 2nd round Nagy had better be convinced that dude is Travis Kelce.

Also, I want Gabriel the F outta here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

IMO replacing Leno is more important than replacing Burton.

I'd have to test the waters on a trade for him, and we wouldn't get much. Yeah it sucks that he has over $7 mil dead cap but getting another swing in the draft would be the only way he isn't on the roster next year. Even if he gets beat out he will be a $10 mil swing OT. Ugh.

I will say for a late-round QB I like Anthony Gordon, I think he will be a solid back up. His stats are over-inflated due to the system of course, but he has an NFL arm and shows good zip and accuracy. Some of his deep throws are just perfectly in stride, really nice to see. He is in Leach's system so there are a lot of option plays and short throws that get YAC for him, but he is getting the ball to his WRs in stride. As a back up that is gold.

I despise how flatfooted he is though, I mean literally a statue on some plays before he throws. His back up on the sideline moves his feet more on some plays.

• 1 month later...