2020 Draft Thread

beardown3231

I think there are so many variables.

You have to see who steps up, who gets hurt, 2020 FA, who we let go, who regresses in 2019.

In the end he is going to do what he always does of late.  Plug any or most gaps with journeyman veterans and draft BPA according to him.

I think the only thing set in stone is they have to start drafting OTs soon.   Neglected for too long.  Problem is it hard to find good ones outside first round.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is interesting to think about now that we have seen this team a little and college football starting.

Right now positions I would watch,

1. TE

2. OL

3. CB

4. OLB

5. S

G'head.  I know you enjoy it but for me it would be like watching girls before they were old enough for me to date them.

I prefer actual prospects over the mere suspects. :D

52 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You have to see who steps up, who gets hurt, 2020 FA, who we let go, who regresses in 2019.

In the end he is going to do what he always does of late.  Plug any or most gaps with journeyman veterans and draft BPA according to him.

I think the only thing set in stone is they have to start drafting OTs soon.   Neglected for too long.  Problem is it hard to find good ones outside first round.

And a QB.....don't forget a QB. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

The thing for me with IT is that if we land a prospect who slides for whatever reason Heistand should be able to mold him. 2nd round obviously.

For me I would go...

1. TE...Burton is making way too much money for what he is giving us...injury is a concern as well...we need a top quality TE to make this offence truly elite.

2. OG...Long is a goner next offseason...bring in another quality young talent next to Whitehair & Daniels.

3. SS...this one is a real projection as Bush has looked good so far this year and HaHa could lock down the starting spot for a long time but if not replacing Amos and pairing another ballhawk next to Jackson could never be a bad thing.

4. OLB...this moves higher if Floyd still has limited production but even if he breaks out a 3rd pass rusher is always a great thing to have.

5. CB...we have some young talent behind Prince but he won't play for ever on that salary...bring in more depth and competition.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

For me I would go...

1. TE...Burton is making way too much money for what he is giving us...injury is a concern as well...we need a top quality TE to make this offence truly elite.

2. OG...Long is a goner next offseason...bring in another quality young talent next to Whitehair & Daniels.

3. SS...this one is a real projection as Bush has looked good so far this year and HaHa could lock down the starting spot for a long time but if not replacing Amos and pairing another ballhawk next to Jackson could never be a bad thing.

4. OLB...this moves higher if Floyd still has limited production but even if he breaks out a 3rd pass rusher is always a great thing to have.

5. CB...we have some young talent behind Prince but he won't play for ever on that salary...bring in more depth and competition.

I wanna see what we get from Burton this year. Despite being a vet and pretty highly paid he was also a projection at that salary in his first year as a starter, and while 54/569/6 isn’t elite it’s pretty darn solid too. He was 10th in receptions and 13th in yards among TE last year, and his AAV is 8th so that’s not really out of whack. I don’t think we need an elite player at that position but I do want to see a consistently good one there. Time will tell if Burton can be that or not but there were definitely flashes to it last year. 

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I know you were joking, but if that is the case it means disaster.  Can't think about that right now.

Back up QB would be fine with me. Not looking for a starter in that draft, still got 2 years after this season with Tru before we HAVE to commit to a mega-deal.

I'd add that Daniel is a FA after this season. I'd rather give $5 mil to an elite returner that provides depth at both WR and HB than a mediocre reserve QB. 2020 has a host of back up QBs that will likely be willing to sign for less to chase a ring, we should be able to draft a kid to groom AND upgrade over Daniel for less.

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Back up QB would be fine with me. Not looking for a starter in that draft, still got 2 years after this season with Tru before we HAVE to commit to a mega-deal.

I'd add that Daniel is a FA after this season. I'd rather give $5 mil to an elite returner that provides depth at both WR and HB than a mediocre reserve QB. 2020 has a host of back up QBs that will likely be willing to sign for less to chase a ring, we should be able to draft a kid to groom AND upgrade over Daniel for less.

Yeah they need a back up QB with some more athletic ability.

I don’t see Pace letting Floyd or Trevathan go. With the depth and youth at WR I think they move on from Gabriel and with all of Longs antics/injuries/contract/age/(also not drafted by this regime) I think he gets shown the door. Amukamara is the tough one for me, with no one really ready behind him I think it would be extremely risky to let him go. Daniel was good for Trubisky for his first couple years but it’s time for him to put his big boy pants on allowing Pace to draft a young guy to groom and move on from CD. TE is so up in the air right now with both Burton and Shaheen it’s almost impossible to predict. Also, I’d be surprised if BOTH Bush and HHCD left in FA. I’d bet one resigns to be the incumbent starter moving forward. This leaves me with....

1. RG——————— 

2. CB

3. EDGE

4. TE

5. QB/OT

A couple guys I’ll be keeping a real close eye on at positions of need, tentatively projected around 20-75... 

OG- Creed Humphrey....Alaric Jackson....Calvin Throckmorton....Mekhi Becton....Liam Eichenberg

CB- Bryce Hall....Trevon Diggs....Amik Robertson....CJ Henderson....Essang Bassey...Chase Lucas.....Kindle Vildor 

EDGE- Kenny Willekes....Jabari Zuniga....Curtis Weaver.....Nick Coe....Jonathan Garvin....Alton Robinson

TE- Jared Pinckney....Colby Parkinson....Grant Calcaterra....Bruce Hopkins....Albert Okwuegbunam

QB- Steven Montez....Kellen Mond....Shea Patterson....Jacob Eason.....James Morgan