Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

2020 Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

If be looking hard at an OT that may start immediately at RG, then has the ability to kick out when Massie is gone. 

 

If you feel like you have a Daniels that is pretty well IOLthen go for it but I like the experience in space that usually comes with OTs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

For me I would go...

1. TE...Burton is making way too much money for what he is giving us...injury is a concern as well...we need a top quality TE to make this offence truly elite.

2. OG...Long is a goner next offseason...bring in another quality young talent next to Whitehair & Daniels.

3. SS...this one is a real projection as Bush has looked good so far this year and HaHa could lock down the starting spot for a long time but if not replacing Amos and pairing another ballhawk next to Jackson could never be a bad thing.

4. OLB...this moves higher if Floyd still has limited production but even if he breaks out a 3rd pass rusher is always a great thing to have.

5. CB...we have some young talent behind Prince but he won't play for ever on that salary...bring in more depth and competition.

 

 

17 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wanna see what we get from Burton this year. Despite being a vet and pretty highly paid he was also a projection at that salary in his first year as a starter, and while 54/569/6 isn’t elite it’s pretty darn solid too. He was 10th in receptions and 13th in yards among TE last year, and his AAV is 8th so that’s not really out of whack. I don’t think we need an elite player at that position but I do want to see a consistently good one there. Time will tell if Burton can be that or not but there were definitely flashes to it last year. 

There's a tight end from FAU, Harrison Bryant, that I am extremely impressed with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 12:31 PM, dll2000 said:

I think there are so many variables.

You have to see who steps up, who gets hurt, 2020 FA, who we let go, who regresses in 2019.

captain-obvious-gif-4.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 7:33 AM, pigsooie5 said:

I don’t see Pace letting Floyd or Trevathan go. With the depth and youth at WR I think they move on from Gabriel and with all of Longs antics/injuries/contract/age/(also not drafted by this regime) I think he gets shown the door. Amukamara is the tough one for me, with no one really ready behind him I think it would be extremely risky to let him go. Daniel was good for Trubisky for his first couple years but it’s time for him to put his big boy pants on allowing Pace to draft a young guy to groom and move on from CD. TE is so up in the air right now with both Burton and Shaheen it’s almost impossible to predict. Also, I’d be surprised if BOTH Bush and HHCD left in FA. I’d bet one resigns to be the incumbent starter moving forward. This leaves me with....

1. RG——————— 

2. CB

3. EDGE

4. TE

5. QB/OT

A couple guys I’ll be keeping a real close eye on at positions of need, tentatively projected around 20-75... 

OG- Creed Humphrey....Alaric Jackson....Calvin Throckmorton....Mekhi Becton....Liam Eichenberg

CB- Bryce Hall....Trevon Diggs....Amik Robertson....CJ Henderson....Essang Bassey...Chase Lucas.....Kindle Vildor 

EDGE- Kenny Willekes....Jabari Zuniga....Curtis Weaver.....Nick Coe....Jonathan Garvin....Alton Robinson

TE- Jared Pinckney....Colby Parkinson....Grant Calcaterra....Bruce Hopkins....Albert Okwuegbunam

QB- Steven Montez....Kellen Mond....Shea Patterson....Jacob Eason.....James Morgan

I really liked what I saw from Shane Lemieux yesterday (OG from Oregon) even more than Throckmorton

I like Montez and Mond a lot

For TE's Harrison Bryant (FAU), Josh Falo (USC) and Jake Breeland (Oregon) are 3 guys that fit the new age TE's. They would be good values in round 2 (Bryant) and round 4 (Falo, Breeland)

Edited by beardown3231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

captain-obvious-gif-4.gif

LOL. I am saying you don't do your draft in Sept.  You look at team in February and see where you are at.  Plug your major holes in FA and then rank your board.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL. I am saying you don't do your draft in Sept.  You look at team in February and see where you are at.  Plug your major holes in FA and then rank your board.  

Oh I know, I know. And agree. Just couldn't resist...:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 2:17 PM, WindyCity said:

The following guys are serious cap issues in 2020, so I will be watching potential replacements.

Kyle Long

Prince Amukamara

Cordarelle Patterson

Taylor Gabriel

 

I think in Whyte and Ridley we have potential replacements for Gabriel and Patterson if we need to go that route.

We have two 2nds so drafting a CB who might replace Prince seems like a good possibility.

Long is a guy we may just hold onto unless for some reason a kid like Bars or Coward ascend that much but in neither do I see what Long brings to the table.  Provided he can stay healthy and play at at old level I'm not so sure he'll be gone.

Pace has done so well signing the others that money saved there can almost cover what Long costs us.  JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

LOL. I am saying you don't do your draft in Sept.  You look at team in February and see where you are at.  Plug your major holes in FA and then rank your board.  

Yeah, I'm like Jeezus can we at least play the 2019 season before we start talking about the 2020 draft?

It's like every Draftnik on the planet must begin getting anxiety attacks in May knowing the next draft is another year away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soulman said:

I think in Whyte and Ridley we have potential replacements for Gabriel and Patterson if we need to go that route.

We have two 2nds so drafting a CB who might replace Prince seems like a good possibility.

Long is a guy we may just hold onto unless for some reason a kid like Bars or Coward ascend that much but in neither do I see what Long brings to the table.  Provided he can stay healthy and play at at old level I'm not so sure he'll be gone.

Pace has done so well signing the others that money saved there can almost cover what Long costs us.  JMHO

I'm not sure we can say Whyte or Ridley could be a replacement for Patterson. Patterson is a great KR and a very flexible offensive weapon. Whyte is a 7th round rookie from FAU. I sure hope he's good but I'm not ready to make that claim yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not sure we can say Whyte or Ridley could be a replacement for Patterson. Patterson is a great KR and a very flexible offensive weapon. Whyte is a 7th round rookie from FAU. I sure hope he's good but I'm not ready to make that claim yet

1) We aren't assured he'll be replaced at all.  Some believe he'll have a breakout year under Nagy and be instrumental in helping the Bears get to the SB.

2) You probably couldn't replace all he does with just one guy.  That's why I chose two. ;)

3) No claims made.  Only possibilities now on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, beardown3231 said:

I really liked what I saw from Shane Lemieux yesterday (OG from Oregon) even more than Throckmorton

I like Montez and Mond a lot

For TE's Harrison Bryant (FAU), Josh Falo (USC) and Jake Breeland (Oregon) are 3 guys that fit the new age TE's. They would be good values in round 2 (Bryant) and round 4 (Falo, Breeland)

Trying to find some tape on Bryant but not a lots out there except for one cut up of the North texas game and even then the amount of run run run run that FAU did made it nearly impossible to get a good idea of his game/potential. What do you like about him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Trying to find some tape on Bryant but not a lots out there except for one cut up of the North texas game and even then the amount of run run run run that FAU did made it nearly impossible to get a good idea of his game/potential. What do you like about him?

Really good hands, really high character. Simple as that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, soulman said:

We have two 2nds so drafting a CB who might replace Prince seems like a good possibility.

Prince is, theoretically, a guy who could continue to play at a high level for quite some time yet. However, unless one of the young CBs really (and I mean really) takes off this year, I think that Prince and Buster's age practically requires Pace to draft a CB early. Also, CB or not, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pace uses the 2s to trade back up into the 1st...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Prince is, theoretically, a guy who could continue to play at a high level for quite some time yet. However, unless one of the young CBs really (and I mean really) takes off this year, I think that Prince and Buster's age practically requires Pace to draft a CB early. Also, CB or not, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pace uses the 2s to trade back up into the 1st...

CB is a position Pace puts a lot of emphasis on so I would like to think it's a spot he'll draft for in 2020.

In addition to Shelley who seems destined for the Slot CB spot eventually we have Tolliver on the roster as Prince's backup and only Denmark and Joseph on the PS.  None of these guys appears to be even close to Amukamara's level and ready to replace him but I have a feeling that $10 mil 2020 cap hit is gonna come into play.

We're just gonna have to let this one play out but I would hate to lose a guy as dependable as Prince has been as a cap casualty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soulman said:

We're just gonna have to let this one play out but I would hate to lose a guy as dependable as Prince has been as a cap casualty.

I'd hate to lose Prince too, I thought he was underrated guy even before he became a Bear. There's a good chance he'd renegotiate for more years for less money per, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×