2020 Draft Thread

beardown3231

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'd hate to lose Prince too, I thought he was underrated guy even before he became a Bear. There's a good chance he'd renegotiate for more years for less money per, though. 

The NFL is changing rapidly and for many of these 30 year old vets it's all about the guaranteed money and one last deal.  None of Prince's deal is guaranteed beyond 2019 so it's always possible that by guaranteeing the remaining $9mil via a signing bonus as part of a short extension that lowers his cap hit it might be possible.

One huge advantage we may have with some of these guys is being a championship contender and them wanting to be part of that and winning a ring.  Look at how well many of the '85 Bears have done post NFL career.  If they're smart they'll realize winning a SB can be a gift that keeps on giving for many years after they retire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soulman said:

The NFL is changing rapidly and for many of these 30 year old vets it's all about the guaranteed money and one last deal.  None of Prince's deal is guaranteed beyond 2019 so it's always possible that by guaranteeing the remaining $9mil via a signing bonus as part of a short extension that lowers his cap hit it might be possible.

One huge advantage we may have with some of these guys is being a championship contender and them wanting to be part of that and winning a ring.  Look at how well many of the '85 Bears have done post NFL career.  If they're smart they'll realize winning a SB can be a gift that keeps on giving for many years after they retire.

tumblr_mt8031qrp01rqfhi2o1_400.gif

• Like 1

It may be early, but I do not think it is crazy to start looking at the QBs in the 2020 draft.

At a minimum the Bears need to add a mid round guy who they can try and develop and have another option.

Joe Burrows, LSU, had a very nice night.

Sam Elhinger, Texas, has a lot of physical tools.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It may be early, but I do not think it is crazy to start looking at the QBs in the 2020 draft.

At a minimum the Bears need to add a mid round guy who they can try and develop and have another option.

Ehlinger isn't close to an NFL qb.

Burrow (singular, no S) looked good but it's been 2 games.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I was watching that game last night, Burrows ability to handle pressure and make that throw was impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone's going to get Andrew Thomas (Georgia, LT) in the top 5 and they're going to be really fortunate. He's a great prospect. First team that comes to mind is Arizona.

Joe Burrow had another huge game for LSU.

Harrison Bryant's going to look so good for the Bears next year.

K'Von Wallace had a pick 6 today and he might be a solid 4th round pick as SS for the Bears, as would Georgia's JR Reed in round 2.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

Ideally Mitch plays well enough in the remaining 14 games that we stop looking at QBs. I have my doubts, but it is not impossible.

If he plays at a similar level to last season I think they have to add a mid round QB. There are a couple I like in the 3rd and 4th, which would be an easy trade down add.

If he continues to stink I think we need to look at 2nd round QBs, Burrow, Eason, Hurts.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Ideally Mitch plays well enough in the remaining 14 games that we stop looking at QBs. I have my doubts, but it is not impossible.

If he plays at a similar level to last season I think they have to add a mid round QB. There are a couple I like in the 3rd and 4th, which would be an easy trade down add.

If he continues to stink I think we need to look at 2nd round QBs, Burrow, Eason, Hurts.

In the 2nd I would be furious.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Hurts isn't as natural a thrower as either of these guys IMO...

Hopefully QB is a moot point for us anyway.

Ideally it will be. 

The Bears need to get a legit TE and an OLmen or CB in round 2 next year.

The OL being bad is a massive disappointment considering the picks and cash invested.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Ideally it will be. 

The Bears need to get a legit TE and an OLmen or CB in round 2 next year.

The OL being bad is a massive disappointment considering the picks and cash invested.

I think a TE would be a nice addition but as you said we need OL help badly and a replacement at CB...Long on the OL is a shell of his former self.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think a TE would be a nice addition but as you said we need OL help badly and a replacement at CB...Long on the OL is a shell of his former self.

I think, outside of QB, TE because of Burton and OL is a huge weakness.

I would love to take an OT in round 2 and have him play RG or compete with Leno at LT.

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think, outside of QB, TE because of Burton and OL is a huge weakness.

I would love to take an OT in round 2 and have him play RG or compete with Leno at LT.

Houston has no draft picks and no DBs  and 4 viable TEs. I think 2 are on IR, but they weren’t starting anyway:

Just sayin. You could do some bargain shopping with some midround  picks or a player.  Although we have all short contracts so would probably have to be a pick.