2020 Draft Thread

beardown3231

17 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Because he isn't any good. A second round pick for that guy? I'd rather trade a 5 for Rosen

Realistically, do you believe that either are even remotely reasonable?  Jacksonville isn't moving on from Mishnew.  At least not yet.  Depending on how the season goes, they could opt to move Nick Foles for a reasonable price.  He's probably the "best" option for the Bears if they wanted to move on from Trubisky.  But aside from Foles, who is realistically going to be available for the Bears?  You're looking at Eli Manning most likely, and that's assuming that the Giants would even be willing to move him.  I think it's more likely they'd keep him on the bench than deal him unless Eli asked for a trade.  As for Rosen, the Dolphins just traded a SRP for him and he's effectively played in 2 games.  That's a HUGE depreciation.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically, do you believe that either are even remotely reasonable?  Jacksonville isn't moving on from Mishnew.  At least not yet.  Depending on how the season goes, they could opt to move Nick Foles for a reasonable price.  He's probably the "best" option for the Bears if they wanted to move on from Trubisky.  But aside from Foles, who is realistically going to be available for the Bears?  You're looking at Eli Manning most likely, and that's assuming that the Giants would even be willing to move him.  I think it's more likely they'd keep him on the bench than deal him unless Eli asked for a trade.  As for Rosen, the Dolphins just traded a SRP for him and he's effectively played in 2 games.  That's a HUGE depreciation.

Do I believe Rosen would be available? Yes. Miami is taking Tua anyway.

Do I think Eli is worth it? No. He stinks.

I was just spitballing anyway. With the news on Trubisky today he'll be back within the next 2-3 games

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Exactly.  The way he's playing Minshew may be the future of the Jags and that could make Foles expendable.

The only other guy I thought of that could be available after the season and who makes a lot of sense is Alex Smith, provided he's healthy enough to resume his career.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Do I believe Rosen would be available? Yes. Miami is taking Tua anyway.

Do I think Eli is worth it? No. He stinks.

I was just spitballing anyway. With the news on Trubisky today he'll be back within the next 2-3 games

LIS, I don't see the Dolphins taking that BIG of a loss on the Rosen trade.  They wouldn't have traded a SRP for Rosen if they were going to immediately turn around and flip him for a 5th.  And I think sentimental value of Eli Manning outweighs what the Bears would realistically offer in a trade.  I still think you'll be fine with Chase Daniel as your QB in the meantime.  He got you through the Vikings game, so he should be able to get you through the Raiders game.  The Saints game would have been a likely loss had it not been for the Drew Brees injury.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Exactly.  The way he's playing Minshew may be the future of the Jags and that could make Foles expendable.

The only other guy I thought of that could be available after the season and who makes a lot of sense is Alex Smith, provided he's healthy enough to resume his career.

Have we even got an ETA on Alex Smith in a potential return?  If Mishnew plays well, then Foles is likely being moved one way or the other.  I think it's better cap-wise if the Jaguars trade him as opposed to releasing him, so they have motivation to trade him if that's the case.  Is Foles the QBOTF?  No, but he's probably exactly what the Bears did if they're tired of the inconsistency of Trubisky.

I think the Bears need to draft a QB, I am not sure where, that gives them an option if Trubisky gets hurt or if he continues to not be consistent.

Right now the Bears just do not have any options and it means we live or die with Trubisky.

Draft someone and let Nagy get to work from the ground up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If Mishnew plays well, then Foles is likely being moved one way or the other.  I think it's better cap-wise if the Jaguars trade him as opposed to releasing him, so they have motivation to trade him if that's the case.  

I'm not so sure. I can easily see the Jags keeping both of them, at least to start the season. That's a really good spot to be in after years of ineptitude at the position. 

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the Bears need to draft a QB, I am not sure where, that gives them an option if Trubisky gets hurt or if he continues to not be consistent.

Right now the Bears just do not have any options and it means we live or die with Trubisky.

Draft someone and let Nagy get to work from the ground up.

Oh, they'll draft a guy. I'm firmly convinced of that. Just when/where that is depends on Trubisky's play. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Oh, they'll draft a guy. I'm firmly convinced of that. Just when/where that is depends on Trubisky's play. 

I do not care where it is as long as we have another option. 

I am fine if they like a guy in round 2 and want to ensure they have someone else developing. If Trubisky becomes a stud then you have a trade asset being developed by a top offensive mind.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, I don't see the Dolphins taking that BIG of a loss on the Rosen trade.  They wouldn't have traded a SRP for Rosen if they were going to immediately turn around and flip him for a 5th.  And I think sentimental value of Eli Manning outweighs what the Bears would realistically offer in a trade.  I still think you'll be fine with Chase Daniel as your QB in the meantime.  He got you through the Vikings game, so he should be able to get you through the Raiders game.  The Saints game would have been a likely loss had it not been for the Drew Brees injury.

Cardinals took a big loss on him. Miami would do the same, I imagine, especially with their need to stack picks at the moment. 

As for the bolded part, I don't believe that but we can differ on opinions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Cardinals took a big loss on him. Miami would do the same, I imagine, especially with their need to stack picks at the moment. 

As for the bolded part, I don't believe that but we can differ on opinions.

I'm not sure the Dolphins would trade Rosen this season for less than they paid for him. Next year, it's possibly a different story.

And, yeah, I have a hard time pegging ANY Bears game as a likely loss at thus point. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So you're telling me if the Bears went in with Trubisky against the Saints and Brees, you'd feel confident?

I wouldn't bet money on a win but I'd be very confident the Bears at minimum keep it close. It wouldn't surprise me to win or have a close loss. A win either way of more than 7 points would be a bigger surprise to me honestly.