NE acquires ARI OL Korey Cunningham & BAL OL Jermaine Eluemunor for 2020 late rd picks

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I thought it was Ravens give up Eluemenor and a 6th round pick for the Patriots 4th round pick.  So a pick swap with the Patriots going back two rounds to acquire Eluemenor.

This has been an ingenious strategy by the Patriots in recent years (maybe longer).  They trade Day 3 picks for players already in the league.  Also during the draft they trade back to acquire more picks as well.  It's a cycle that has gotten NE quality back of the roster players that can plug in if a starter goes down.  Some of them even turn into quality starters like Kyle Van Noy...

He is saying the same thing even though it sounds confusing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I thought it was Ravens give up Eluemenor and a 6th round pick for the Patriots 4th round pick.  So a pick swap with the Patriots going back two rounds to acquire Eluemenor.

This has been an ingenious strategy by the Patriots in recent years (maybe longer).  They trade Day 3 picks for players already in the league.  Also during the draft they trade back to acquire more picks as well.  It's a cycle that has gotten NE quality back of the roster players that can plug in if a starter goes down.  Some of them even turn into quality starters like Kyle Van Noy...

Yep, that's what i said but it may have seemed unclear, i should have put a hyphen or space or something

we got a 4th (in exchange) for eluemenor and a 6th.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Ah, my bad.  Makes sense now...

Agree with your sentiment about Pats trading day 3 picks though. Even though i'm skeptical Eleumenor will ever be an average level player, as a backup he certainly provides them with more value this year than that 4th in next year's draft

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Agree with your sentiment about Pats trading day 3 picks though. Even though i'm skeptical Eleumenor will ever be an average level player, as a backup he certainly provides them with more value as this year than that 4th in next year's draft

Duke seems to really like his potential:

Dude def has potential. Only problem was that he never came close to reaching that while he was here - was always either incredibly out of shape (failed conditioning test this year and had to be taken off field during several joint practices because of fatigue) or injured for 95% of his time here. Maybe a change of scenery will help him turn it around.

20 hours ago, Broncofan said:

A hidden key element to the Pats’ success -  Dante Scarnecchia coaching up reclamation projects from other teams and getting league average or better play from them (and yes TB12 helps but it doesn’t explain the run game blocking success).    Cunningham was a raw developmental OL pick last year for ARI - still, if Scarnecchia can get him to be a swing OL or average starter, shows how special he is.

Why, yes!

It's only a matter of time before the Patriots trade a bag of deflated game balls to Washington for Ereck Flowers who, under the tutelage of Dante Scarnecchia, FINALLY blossoms into the stud Left Tackle he was predicted to be, yea, these many years ago!

"Lemme at um!"

Image result for Ereck Flowers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

It's been more frequent more recently, and yeah, I like it. They do a pick swap, move back a round or two to snag a viable roster player without having to hope that they get them through waivers. Recent examples of this: M. Bennett, D. Shelton, J.McCourty, C. Patterson, D. Allen. It doesn't always work out but it's a good wager.

5 hours ago, bzane said:

Why, yes!

It's only a matter of time before the Patriots trade a bag of deflated game balls to Washington for Ereck Flowers who, under the tutelage of Dante Scarnecchia, FINALLY blossoms into the stud Left Tackle he was predicted to be, yea, these many years ago!

"Lemme at um!"

Image result for Ereck Flowers

Whoever #23 is looks like a better blocker than Flowers.

Have the Giants offered him Flower's old position? He probably can't be any worse!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 1:11 PM, Ray Reed said:

Agree with your sentiment about Pats trading day 3 picks though. Even though i'm skeptical Eleumenor will ever be an average level player, as a backup he certainly provides them with more value this year than that 4th in next year's draft

I think it was a good trade, the Pats move down what is most likely about 45-50 spots from about 120 to 170.   We never would have gotten a snif at either him or Cunningham picking 30 at the waiver wire. 

2 hours ago, patman said:

I think it was a good trade, the Pats move down what is most likely about 45-50 spots from about 120 to 170.   We never would have gotten a snif at either him or Cunningham picking 30 at the waiver wire. 

Yeah plus if anyone can turn him into a player it's Scar.

I like it as a Ravens fan as well - wasn't going to make the roster because we have a logjam of backup guards (one of Powers, Bozeman, Mekari will start and the other 2 will backup) and Eric Decosta seems to be stacking draft picks for his 2nd draft next year. With the 4th from this trade and expected comp picks we're looking at 

in terms of picks next year

on the surface looks like a both teams win type trade

Edited by Ray Reed